What If Wiz Uses Wifi And Brings Up Battlenet Games?

GP2X-INT

Still Fresh
I would like to ask to everybody.
What if Wiz brings up wifi and we can play battlenet?
I would like to hear some information about this.

Thanks alot :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I would add it if it doesnt suck the power out the battery significantly, and if your considering upgrades double the memory from 64 mb to 128 mb

[OT]How much will units be for the first Wiz production batch? 5000 or more ?
Could GPH change the OLED screen with another one for the second batch or before XMas ? :p :p
[/OT]

/me deluded :D

I was recently told GPH were looking for a different AMOLED screen which is natively designed for 320*240 orientation but have not yet had any luck as the technology is still pretty damn new.

if they did id be willing to wait another few months :D

I'd be willing to wait a few months for Wifi and a better screen. :D

The thing is, there is no guarantee that a better screen will become available in the next few months though. Whats more is the resolution is too low for a decent browser. Is there actually much use for WiFi?

I wouldn't really say that the resolution would be too low for a decent browser, but I guess it depends on what you mean by decent. I have no issues with using my tiny cell phone's browser just to check small sites (like twitter for example). However, I can't say it would be worth waiting longer or buying a wifi dongle just for this. With the exception of my email, the only reason I use my phone's web browser is when I'm killing time and bored of the games on my phone, but with the Wiz I can't see that being the case!

If it was built in, I might use it, but it's far from anything I'm concerned with.

Looks like its happening
Wireless game Challenges Nintendo

Date : Mar.26.2009

Media : The JoongAng Ilbo

A company is going to challenge in the console business, which is Gamepark Holdings (www.gp2xwiz.co.kr) that is going to challenge Nintendo.

Gamepark Holdings are developing to bring up there console GP2X Wiz which will have a wireless network, by this wireless network players can play wireless network games so any user can enjoy playing around the world.

The preexistence console game has wi-fi which it only works in a short distance which would be one disadvantage. On the other hand Gamepark Holdings is planning to bring 5 new games which are fighting games, racing games, soccer games and others so the players can play these games by network by this year.

Even though GP2X WIZ going to bring out their SDK so any user would be able to use this SDK so many players will be able to produce games and share for open market.

can someone say what actual uses battle.net has? .. I think you can play starcraft on it and if I recall correctly that was big in korea. But for sure it wouldn't run on the wiz. So what else is there?

warcraft and diablo *1 and 2 foreach* and warcraft 3 ughhh i have a net book though so idc much

Yes, we do have it. I was looking at the Archive for the apps and games for the Wiz, and Warcraft 1 was in there!

philthechil said:
Yes, we do have it. I was looking at the Archive for the apps and games for the Wiz, and Warcraft 1 was in there!
Yes its there (its the static recompilation), but there is no network support, and as far as I remember warcraft 2 was the only one that supported battle.net, and that was the windows version not the dos version on top of it.
I dont know where gph thought battle.net could be supported, all the blizzard games are x86 windows. Maybe its meant to mean games that play on services like battle.net.

I dont think he ment that there bringing battle.net games onto the wiz, they merely used battle.net as an example(probably because koreans play way to much starcraft). Mistranslation imo

If there was some sort of online games for the Wiz, I would definitely pay for them. I love online games, and if this attachment thing I am reading about gives wifi in some fashion, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Still, I'm just waiting for my Wiz, but I saw a Limited Edition God of War PSP at a local retailer yesterday... I'm kinda drooling over that right now. That has online games, why can't the Wiz? (With attachment of course)

Hmm... well if the screen tearing issue gets fixed down the road that's nice.

Looks like Pandora may get released before Wiz at this rate.

Back