What If Wiz Uses Wifi And Brings Up Battlenet Games?

'Prophet' said:
Hmm... well if the screen tearing issue gets fixed down the road that's nice.

Looks like Pandora may get released before Wiz at this rate.
Two days ago the Wiz release was still targeted at the end of April ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear god i hope for no more delays i seriously cant take the waiting anymore. I think im going to find my hacked psp to chill me out til its out.

I have it on very good authority that the Wiz will be on time for the end of April. It's almost here folks!

'WarmFluffyUK' said:
I have it on very good authority that the Wiz will be on time for the end of April. It's almost here folks!
So, what has changed? Will the Wiz have build-in wifi, is the tearing issue fixed?

Regards

André

fettouhi said:
'WarmFluffyUK' said:
So, what has changed? Will the Wiz have build-in wifi, is the tearing issue fixed?

Regards

André
Good questions. If he has "it on good authority", he should be able to provide a bit more info into the lagging questions.

WiFi I haven't asked about and screen tearing will not be fixed when people use 320*240 mode as GPH could not find a 320*240 AMOLED.

I doubt WiFi has been added without notifying anyone.

'Peter R' said:
WiFi I haven't asked about and screen tearing will not be fixed when people use 320*240 mode as GPH could not find a 320*240 AMOLED.

I doubt WiFi has been added without notifying anyone.
In which case are the jinxing the mk1 by saying there will be an mk2 with wifi?

Why is it all so bizarre with GPH? Why can't they just say it like it is... aarrghh

'BackAssward' said:
'fettouhi' said:
'WarmFluffyUK' said:

Regards

André
Good questions. If he has "it on good authority", he should be able to provide a bit more info into the lagging questions.

HE is a she, and no the tearing issue is not fixed. As stated elsewhere this is down to the screen they are using and no wifi is not included.

'WarmFluffyUK' said:
'BackAssward' said:
'fettouhi' said:
'WarmFluffyUK' said:

Regards

André

HE is a she, and no the tearing issue is not fixed. As stated elsewhere this is down to the screen they are using and no wifi is not included.

OK, many thanks. That's all I wanted to know.

Regards

André

I'm guessing they are talking about the wifi adaptor may be released in the WIZ's release window?

You guys remember back when they released the pics of the adapter, they said that it will be available this spring, and IIRC, that was back when the MK0s where given out to the devs. being as there wasn't much changes to the system itself, they may have been following through with production of the adapters while dealing with system changes.

While that thought is nice it would be perfect if that if that was the case they are just including the adapter in the box standard with the system. That doesn't require informing the devs who got one until pretty close to the launch. Just a guess.

What if they mean like a shitty nock off version of battle.net and they use that name >.<

It might be a Korean thing to refer to online gaming as battle.net.

I wouldn't want to play StarCraft on a handheld though. Diablo however would be cool!

I'd also consider WiFi to be something of a necessity. Doesn't practically every console now (PSP, iPod Touch, DSi, Pandora) have WiFi?

'WarmFluffyUK' said:
So is the talk of a new screen and possible wifi referring to a "Mark II" version down the road? Well, it'll be interesting watching the current Wiz release at any rate. End of April...

And I really want to know - has Her Knights been expanded/enhanced, or is it just a straight port of the GP32 version?

'craigix' said:
Why is it all so bizarre with GPH? Why can't they just say it like it is... aarrghh
South Korea contains doorways into the Twilight Zone. :p

'Prophet' said:
'WarmFluffyUK' said:
So is the talk of a new screen and possible wifi referring to a "Mark II" version down the road? Well, it'll be interesting watching the current Wiz release at any rate. End of April...

And I really want to know - has Her Knights been expanded/enhanced, or is it just a straight port of the GP32 version?

Wouldn't this be like giving the costumers of the first batch the middle finger, if they release a MkII version 6 months down the road?

Regards

André

'fettouhi' said:
Wouldn't this be like giving the costumers of the first batch the middle finger, if they release a MkII version 6 months down the road?

Regards

André
Some people haven't been around long enough to remember the first middle finger on the gp2x 1st editions. Man, that was a burn. :(

The wiz isn't too expensive though...It wouldn't be THAT bad if they released a MKII soon after, and they might even lower the price a bit. It would be worth it to spend more money on a MKII if it had 128 MB RAM and a better screen. Wifi would be good for multiplayer, but that's about it. Does anyone know if a dock will be released for the wiz for multiplayer and TV out on one device?

Id just have to sell my original on ebay. For Some reason Gp2x's Sell always around 250 on ebay..... i have no idea either

Back