What System Do You Want Emulated First?

Wow - I checked through the whole thread and no one has mentioned the Amstrad CPC even once!

My list - driven by nostalgia:
1 Amstrad CPC
2 Mame
3 Dosbox
4 BBC - just for exile

I know the other main 8 bit machines are definitely getting emulators but I always loved the games on my 464 and 6128. I've spent so much time playing old amstrad games in emulators that the thought of a portable amstrad was what sold me the pandora. Besides on a few occasions the amstrad got the best versions of 8 bit games.

I hope ZX81 will still be porting an emulator.

MaxNormal said:
4 BBC - just for exile

Thee is no "just" about exile ;) smashing game IMHO!

Oh yes - a ZX81 emulator would be cool too, though I don't know if I could find any of my games for it any more :(

Last edited by a moderator:
1.Amiga (UAE on the GP2x is ok but a keyboard is essential)
2.Speccy (My first ever computer and still very close to my heart)
3.DOSBOX (Blood, RR tycoon)
4.Megadrive (sensi soccer, gunstar heros)
5.Atari 7800/5200/2600 (2600 was my first console many moons ago,chopper command is excellent)
6.PSX (Tekken, Metal gear)

Corican said:
All I truly desire is :
Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
SNES

I can't wait!

Then surely getting a dingoo would be a far better option? Over £100 cheaper, does everything you want, and is out now.

Amiga (Pandora suit perfect for a handel Amiga)
Neogeo (Best 2D games ever :D)
MAME
SNES
Genesis

I've gotta say I'd want N64 first, if only for portable LoZ:OoT. I mean really, imagine the best game ever made in your pocket and playable on the go. How sick would that be.

Also excited for GB/GBA, PSX, SNES, NES, and, of course, homebrew. (I know that's not emulation, but I said it anyway. So there.)

1.PSP
2.DS
3.N64
4.Dreamcast
5.PSX

I guess you only value the older consoles if you use to play them for hours but I was born in the N64 era and I played that for ages. Btw does anyone know exactly what Mame emulates. I know its suppose to be arcade games but does this mean all arcade games or only up to a certain point in time.

Shaun. said:
Btw does anyone know exactly what Mame emulates. I know its suppose to be arcade games but does this mean all arcade games or only up to a certain point in time.
Take a look through MAWS (a site listing all of the games currently supported by MAME) - it should shed some light. ;) Bear in mind that the most current version may not be the one that will be ported, though (I understand that the more recent versions of MAME have gotten a bit more heavyweight than they used to be :p).

Back