What System Do You Want Emulated First?

The only reason for DS emulation on another handheld is piracy, pure and simple.

So given that, just buy a damn DS and a flashcart for less than half the cost of a Pandora.

GunPei2X said:
The only reason for DS emulation on another handheld is piracy, pure and simple.

So given that, just buy a damn DS and a flashcart for less than half the cost of a Pandora.
The same could be said for allot of emulators.
A quick Ebay search brings up nearly anything you'd want, so availability isn't an acceptable excuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
GunPei2X said:

unification

atomicthumbs said:
GunPei2X said:
unification
Exactly. I'll be buggered if I'm going to lug around 2 or 3 different handhelds at the same time. Remember that's on top of keys, wallet and mobile phone too.

On the other hand with a Pandora there'll be enough to do already that I won't need every single handheld/console emulator anyway.

Zarneth said:
Exactly. I'll be buggered if I'm going to lug around 2 or 3 different handhelds at the same time. Remember that's on top of keys, wallet and mobile phone too.

On the other hand with a Pandora there'll be enough to do already that I won't need every single handheld/console emulator anyway.

That makes three of us. I DO own a DS+Flash cart and I would still love to see DS emulation on Pandora down the road.

I would love Zdoom compatability. Other doom engines don't seem to be able to handle the Blood Mod zBLUDv33.WAD.

Awesome mod which is almost like playing the original "Blood" game!

naples39 said:
Zarneth said:

That makes three of us. I DO own a DS+Flash cart and I would still love to see DS emulation on Pandora down the road.
That's right. I completely forgot to mention all the bloody game cartredges. PSP's ones are massive. DS's ones are too easy to loose...

GunPei2X said:

what if i dont want to carry around two handhelds, PLUS loads of carts that could be lost?
I see your point though, current-gen emulators are always treading on dangerous ground.

DOSBox! There are a bunch of games I always wanted to play on the move but the '2x just didn't quite have the power to get them running smoothly. Hopefully the p&|a should have enough oomph to enable plenty more games.

I'd also love to see a good GBA emulator - I don't carry my GBA around these days, but I'd still love to be able to play some Advance Wars or Golden Sun on the move and my '2x can't manage them (I have sucky overclockability :().

Finally, a good-quality PSX emulator would be bloody amazing - portable Diablo? Hell yeah!!

DosBox
All 8 bits machines (mainly Speccy and Commodore)
Amiga
MAME

In this order.
HexDump.

I would love to see:

1. Mame
2. N64
3. GBA
4. Nintendo DS
5. All 8 bit systems
6. PSX

I know its a big wish list lol!!! :p

Spectrum.

And I would enjoy Soldat on handheld.(www.soldat.pl). Well, that will not happen. :-(

"First" is an odd way to put it, considering it looks like the "major systems" will run from day 1 (at least from what I've read). So basically anything you can emulate on the GP2X should work at the very least just as well very soon after release.

I'd like to see Mupen64 get ported ASAP. I'd help if I knew anything about emulation, and of course I'll try compiling it even if it doesn't work! Star Fox 64 and Super Smash Bros. everywhere? Awesome!

+1 for N64. Goldeneye & Road Rash 64 in my pocket, what a thought.

DOSbox is a close second. Between ScummVM and the various GP2X ports there's a nice range of DOS games to choose from already, but it'd be nice to be able to play any old thing. X-Wing, Battle of Britain... mmm.

Of coarse someone has to build the emus or at least start out with porting the ones already out. We got pretty much the the main guys here saying that they will bring there emus to the Pandora, but we are going to need someone to bring the N64 to the Pandora since it's the most recurring emu people want, and honestly.......I'm thinking maybe a Daedalus port is in order. Wheres the Author, some give him a Pandora :lol: .

1. AMIGA (btw.: does the pandora support 50 or 100Hz refresh rate?)

2. CPS-3
3. Nintendo 64
4. Nintendo DS
5. Super NES
6. Sega Saturn

I don't care about PSX-emulation since I have a PSP...

Back