What would you like to see?

FTL is playable in a webbrowser... I'm not sure if Humble let you "download" that version, but it's certainly possible. Although I can't remember what the resolution requirements were for FTL - they were unusual to say the least

Looking forward to the results. Absolutely love this game, would very much like to see it playable on Pyra, but have doubts about elements sizes. Everything in this game is small.

Looking forward to the results. Absolutely love this game, would very much like to see it playable on Pyra, but have doubts about elements sizes. Everything in this game is small.

The sizes of elements are a bit small, but I played FTL once through my phone via teamviewer, which worked much better than I had expected.
Also keybinds help a lot in this game and then your mouse movement is only limited to the starmap and aiming the guns.

As requested CD Ripping:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/SeDc_ZAqxlA?feature=oembed

Will do DVD ripping and encoding once I can find some good software for that.

Yes - a bit of a zombie topic. But - I've been using Handbrake (In Debian repository) for a while now on my X86 Linux desktop. I don't have an ARM device set up to check the Debian ARM repository for it. But, it works well. Be warned though - even on a relatively stout X86 workstation, ripping a DVD can be a -long- process. Handbrake is multithreaded and consumes any CPU resources that it can get. This is more of a check off of 'it can do that' and not an 'it can do that well'.

I think he got the cases, assembled some pyras and now plays all the time, so now time for a newspost :(

I was thinking more or less the same, but change the "play" for "he is shooting some videos of the assemble with the definitive case and also the new boards".

And again: :oops:

morenews.jpg

My hope is Ed is assembling Pyra prototypes like a mad man and is busy doing stuff that needs to be done before spending time on informing the community
My fear is, the cases have still not arrived

The tension is rising... o_O

That image!

Hope he us making videos to promote the awesome device he has at hand and preparing the Kickstarter/ImdieGoGo campain to surprise us all.

Any guesses on the anouncements date?

Last edited:
My hope is Ed is assembling Pyra prototypes like a mad man and is busy doing stuff that needs to be done before spending time on informing the community
My fear is, the cases have still not arrived

The tension is rising... o_O

Last time I checked Form Action were packing uncoated cases in cellophane. Maybe he's coating them by hand :). On topic: I would like to see coated cases photos! I bought myself DS lite and DS original recently and it's quite fascinating how different cases are in comparison to each other and to DSi quality wise.

He's not coating the cases, the coating will wear off and make it look crappy.
Some more update:
One more information:
These cases are still raw material, without any coating (so no anti-scratch-coating yet).
That coating will be added during mass production, but the molds need to be 100% finished then.

EDIT: just wanted to make it clear that he also mentioned that coating is NOT PAINT, the coat will bond with plastic and is supposed to improve the looks as well as durability. I'm a huge casing nerd, so very much looking forward to see what it looks like. Actually would love to see other products with same type of coating too.

With paint it's just a layer on top of the plastic. With coating it is bonded with (baked into) the top layer of plastic itself. You can scratch away paint; the only way to scratch away the coating is to scratch away the plastic.
Which is possible, but I'm thinking a very obvious scratch is going to be the thing people worry about more than discolouration. The important takeaway is that it doesn't just rub off under normal use the way the Pandora's paintjob did.

Back