What You Like With Your Pandora

Can't pick just one -

* I copied the source code to the game I wrote for the GP2X - Death Trap Remix to the SD card and with a few keystrokes recompiled it right on the Pandora.

* Plugged my Pandora up to my car stereo through the Aux in and belted out some tunes. It sounds fantastic. So much better than any MP3 player I've ever plugged in before.

* I was sitting in the Mall eating some lunch, surfing gp32x.de one day when I noticed some girl with a Droid phone staring at my Pandora like it was an alien. When she finished her lunch she stopped to ask me what it was, and I got to explain the Pandora to some one who had never heard of it before and without the judgement of "it took you HOW LONG to get it after you paid for it?"

* When I fired up Dungeon Hack in Dosbox when I was riding in the car, and it played perfectly the first time.

* The first time Remmina compiled, ran, and displayed my Desktop PC's display on my Pandora and it fit just fine without needing scrollbars to navigate.

... countless other moments as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not certain that countering overly negative threads with a necessarily positive thread is the solution here. Seems you're just replacing one extreme with another. When someone has a problem, they post their problem and it gets fixed or suggested to RMA; when someone has a breakthrough happy moment, they post about that and everyone agrees or posts similar.
Specifically asking for only positive feedback feels so... forced.

Yep, we neither need only praises threads, too.

Both bashing and praise-us threads don't make much sense - people would just be confused :p

We should simply talk about the Pandora.
Talk about what could be done better, discuss what's already great, etc.
Work together in a constructive way, not try to blame each other :)

EvilDragon said:
Yep, we neither need only praises threads, too.

Both bashing and praise-us threads don't make much sense - people would just be confused :p

We should simply talk about the Pandora.
Talk about what could be done better, discuss what's already great, etc.

I hear you brother. B)

For want of not bumping the other thread, I did have a cool moment with my Pandora earlier. :p

I ordered a PowerPak and an AV Famicom a couple of weeks ago (I was finally ready to move 100% of my NES/FC gaming to 60Hz - that's taken me a long time to do :p), and the PowerPak finally arrived earlier. Instead of having to go to my computer in order to move all of the games I own (and all of the hacks and edits of them that I like) and all the NES homebrews I have onto the CompactFlash card that the PowerPak uses, I simply plugged my card-reader into my Pandora, and a couple of minutes later I was up and running without having to leave the room.

It's little things like that which really make me appreciate it.

the best moment?

when I got the :pandora2ut4: I realized that I finally have a good reason to learn linux in same depth that I have knowledge of windows systems. And deeper.

Oh, and this week I was certifying an Ingenico iCT220 POS device and I had a VISA manual on Pandora, I just followed up test scripts and worked my way through quite easily...coworkers were picking up their jaws all day long B)

Best moment to date was firing up that wonderful PS1 emulator and finding that Alundra seems to run flawlessly. Honestly, I nearly skipped studying for finals to spend more time running back through this old favorite and after I finish with it I can hardly wait to get into Tomba after I figure out why the emulator crashes when it tries to boot it (suspect is the file type).

Tomba! isn't working at this time anyway, even if you have ripped your disc correctly - or at least, the PAL version, Tombi!, isn't working. Detailed information is available in the psx4pandora compatibility list thread. :p

EvilDragon said:

GAH! you MORON! My case has a 0.1 mm curve on its bevel! and its ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!
;)

Although this thread might not be the best idea in the world (vomit worthy?) it is an honest reaction to the fact the wingers, whiners, and armchair CEO's post prolifically while the people who are genuinely happy don't bother.
Possibly because "Im delighted with my pandora, i wouldn't change a thing" is neither interesting nor constructive. (I'm definetly in the this camp btw, and think they pandora is well worth selling a kidney for.)

DaMummy said:
someguy, you really have been a douche lately
rant over

I'm normally a big fan of humility, but not in this case.

You have me all wrong :)

Rant over.

Back