What's happening today

Rather than $ signs I'd just love to have a new car, and by new I mean second hand.

My current one is 13 years old and has something like 245,000 miles on it, and I know it's dying. It is going though oil like it's petrol.

My girlfriend needs it to get to Uni every day and every morning I hear it taking longer and longer to start.

So looking at pages on gp32spain and seeing people think we're making millions from this depresses me. We're actually preparing to rent out rooms in our

house to make some extra money.

I have £26 in my personal bank account.

I'm living like this because I'm absolutely sure we can make this a long term success. Every last penny goes to the business and setting up solid as rock foundations. I am sure we can be the people and community who push an open machine in to the mainstream, even if it's just 1 or 2% of the mainstream market, if the foundations are solid we can keep going.

Craig, your post made me feel bad for being initially angry about the 7-day Pandoras. Enough so that I emailed Jacquelyn asking to upgrade to one to help the project succeed - is that the best way to go about it?

Cool, looking forward to hopefully getting mine quicker. In the mean time the premium people should create an influx of new software

Not gonna happen, I can barely write array's correct in C# :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Yes it is.

Oh... crap... I placed my premium order as a separate order rather than upgrading my batch 2 preorder...

Hm... You know what? Screw it. I'm not going to cancel my preorder. I'm going to keep it, and when my second Pandora comes I could sell it off.

Unless the cost of assembling it would really be less than what I paid. Would it be better for OPT to just cancel that order if that's the case?

Thanks, Yes it is.

Oh... crap... I placed my premium order as a separate order rather than upgrading my batch 2 preorder...

Hm... You know what? Screw it. I'm not going to cancel my preorder. I'm going to keep it, and when my second Pandora comes I could sell it off.

Unless the cost of assembling it would really be less than what I paid. Would it be better for OPT to just cancel that order if that's the case?

You could just ebay it for more than you paid for it, it will help pay for your second one :)

Thanks, Yes it is.

You could just ebay it for more than you paid for it, it will help pay for your second one :)

Oh, but I hate eBay. I plan on selling it to a friend or something. I've got a lot of nerd buddies that would probably love to get their hands on one of these. Maybe use it as a sort of demo kit- let them mess with it for a week and sell it to them once they get hooked. Sort of like a drug addict.

But if they're not interested in it then yeah, I'll sell it on eBay. Last resort and all that.

Although I'm stil mildly annoyed on how it went I'm glad that you guys are selling extra units and getting some cash in.

I hope you guys make a healthy amount of profit on this in the end and hopefully have the gumption to go for the Pandora 2 at some point.

Good thing is that you soon forget the bad times and will probably start romanticising the experience within the year. :lol:

It's certainly already quite the feat that you are pumping them out now and if you end up getting filthy rich of it I'll be happy for you all.

I know that it's been said before, but I for one would for sure read the book if you decide to write it. It should be quite the read. Hell, I'd even pre-order it! :p

So if I'm 850-950 I should get getting mine soon?

You should get an email over the weekend or on monday.

Really nice to hear. I was starting to think that my order would get bumped down another week or so with this new premium hooha as I had been told mine would ship this week just prior to to that getting announced.

Rather than trying to build and ship 70 a day we switched the method around a little to trying to finish the units off at the end of the week for speed reasons (and to eliminate multiple car journeys with 70 units (better to take 350 and have one journey)).

Green thinking :)

So if I'm 850-950 I should get getting mine soon?

You should get an email over the weekend or on monday.

Really nice to hear. I was starting to think that my order would get bumped down another week or so with this new premium hooha as I had been told mine would ship this week just prior to to that getting announced.

Rather than trying to build and ship 70 a day we switched the method around a little to trying to finish the units off at the end of the week for speed reasons (and to eliminate multiple car journeys with 70 units (better to take 350 and have one journey)).

Green thinking :)

My car can't take all the miles! ;)

sorry, I didn't know if the dpads have, something like little feet on them to hold them in place, like how some controllers have little feet on the buttons to hold them in place and to key them to the right orientation. :p

do the A,B,X,Y buttons not need to be glued as well, then?

Just want to say thank you for all you have done Craig! You really are making dreams come true! I hope you start to make some money for yourself and find a nice new car (used?). I would let you have one of mine but I live in America and it would be impossible to get it too you but yeah I have a bronco 1995 sitting as a lawn ornament right now. I will be praying for you (don't know if your Christian or not but hope it helps) cause I know you need it and I hope the stress of the upcoming weeks will pass by quickly. Lets see a success in sales this year! Pandora 2011™

Thanks, I think I'll head to the car auctions at the end of next month, looking for another BMW as this one has, to be fair, been amazing.

Thanks, I think I'll head to the car auctions at the end of next month, looking for another BMW as this one has, to be fair, been amazing.

CRAIG YOU HAVE LIED TO US YOU SAID THAT YOU ONLY HAVE 26 POUNDS IN YOUR ACCOUNT YOU'RE TAKING OUR MONEY TO BUY STUFF FOR YOURSELF!

[insert six paragraphs citing every thing you have ever said, their inconsistencies (real or imagined), and problems that were out of your control for the past few years.]

Some of these forum people must drive you mental. :)

CRAIG YOU HAVE LIED TO US YOU SAID THAT YOU ONLY HAVE 26 POUNDS IN YOUR ACCOUNT YOU'RE TAKING OUR MONEY TO BUY STUFF FOR YOURSELF!

[insert six paragraphs citing every thing you have ever said, their inconsistencies (real or imagined), and problems that were out of your control for the past few years.]

Some of these forum people must drive you mental. :)

Yes, maybe I should have pointed out that I fixed up and sold my classic Cadillac over Christmas to raise some money, well the deal went though and I am hoping I can find a car or maybe fix up the current one with a new engine....

Thanks, Yes it is.

Oh, but I hate eBay. I plan on selling it to a friend or something. I've got a lot of nerd buddies that would probably love to get their hands on one of these. Maybe use it as a sort of demo kit- let them mess with it for a week and sell it to them once they get hooked. Sort of like a drug addict.

But if they're not interested in it then yeah, I'll sell it on eBay. Last resort and all that.

When the OpenPandora takes off and goes super global, I wonder if a 1st batch in mint condition would be a collectors item? Then again mint condition means I can't play with it now, and I can't be doing that :p

Thanks, Yes it is.

When the OpenPandora takes off and goes super global, I wonder if a 1st batch in mint condition would be a collectors item? Then again mint condition means I can't play with it now, and I can't be doing that :p

If we do take off and become massive I'll sign your unit so you can sell it for more. I bet that drunk Steve Jobs would never do that.

Back