What's The Most Powerfull ? Open Pandora Or Iphone 3Gs ?

or one of these ipad nano's

IPadnano.png

SONY said:
No need to Jailbreak Pandora = Win! :pandora2ut4: B)

YES!!!
Finally someone said it! :lol:

You can only do what the OS let's you. EVEN when you jailbreak it, IF you don't kill/block the apple "Kill Switch" then apple can kill your custom apps from their end.
You have to sign the code, which seems to be a grey area. If you want to develop: you have to PAY!

Why come here to start fights? iPhone Vs Pandora has been asked numerous time already.
Pandora will win. No one is going to say "no, you can't run that!".

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Do you think that iPhone 3GS has enough power to take N64 emulation to Fullspeed ?

I want to buy a Pandora, but it's only for emulation...

I'm just 16 years old and live in France, so it's will be difficult to have one !

You might still be able to get one from the first batch.
German shop:
http://www.gp2x.de/shop/contact_us.php
UK shop:
http://gbax.com/pandoraxxx.html

PunchOut said:
Well, Do you think that iPhone 3GS has enough power to take N64 emulation to Fullspeed ?

I'm just 16 years old and live in France, so it's will be difficult to have one !
Power full, i think yes but time will tell if it's real ^^ but Play N64 on iphone control is not so good.

May be you have to wait some time (some month after there launch) to see what power is on the Pandora

PunchOut said:
Craigx said that the icontrolpad will be released in March.

PunchOut said:
Another Victim ?

He has also said tha tthe Pandora will be released before Christmas. Two years in a row. Admittedly, I don't think he ever specified WHICH Christmas, in concrete terms... did he specify WHICH March the iControlPad should be released in?

PunchOut said:

Do you really think it is only for emulation, or is that all YOU would use it for?

One reason that people keep insisting that the Pandora is more powerful than an iPhone is because with an iPhone you can do whatever Apple let you do - or break your warranty and potentially have aggro/hassle.

On the other hand, OpenPandora have taken exactly the opposite point of view. Instead of restricting their hardware to be a specific kind of device (like a phone with extras) they have done their best, within budgetary and size constraints, to "open up" the product to make it capable of as much as possible - whether they have thought of the usage or not. OpenPandora don't specify what your Pandora can do - YOU do. YOU have the power with a Pandora, Apple have it with the iPhone.

This is a copy and paste from another thread, but it deserves mentioning:

I would just like to note that the iPhone 3Gs is downclocked and locked to run at 533 mhz. Can't change it even on a jailbroken phone. It's a read only thing Samsung/Apple did to a command that access the hz frequency. So, I would imagine the GPU to also be downclocked and locked at it's lower then rated frequency.

http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=519573

So, the Pandora's CPU is faster by default, and the GPU possibly around the same ;)

MDave said:
This is a copy and paste from another thread, but it deserves mentioning:

I would just like to note that the iPhone 3Gs is downclocked and locked to run at 533 mhz. Can't change it even on a jailbroken phone. It's a read only thing Samsung/Apple did to a command that access the hz frequency. So, I would imagine the GPU to also be downclocked and locked at it's lower then rated frequency.

http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=519573

So, the Pandora's CPU is faster by default, and the GPU possibly around the same ;)
So, if you clock your Pandora to 800 MHz the CPU will be 50% faster then the iPhone's.

Awakening said:
Butterman said:
Not 50% faster. The CPU clockspeed will be 50% higher. That won't translate to 50% more speed.
Wouldn't they both be doing the same amount of work per cycle?

Theoretically, but there are likely to be other bottlenecks which will negate the impact of raising the clockspeed.

A 2.0 GHz P4 won't complete SuperPi at exactly double the speed of an identical P4 clocked at 1.0 GHz.

EDIT: Negate is the wrong word. The fact that you won't experience exactly double speed is what I was getting at.

Back