Whats up with the GP32X forum??

hax :ph34r:

EDIT: This forum is kinda annoying.. you look left to see the topics and then you look right when in a topic to see the dates. So each time you go in a topic you have to turn your head/reposition your eyes to the completely opposite direction.

Could be quite serious if someone managed to log in with an admin's account and start messing with the database, deleting all forum sections, threads and posts. Strange that members are still intact though. If no local databases have been saved frequently (or at all) then the board might have to start from scratch.

This hasn't happened before, not in my memory at least.
last time the site got DDOS'd

Edit: Dammit, MDave said it before i did... :(

well I thought last time ED had backups and could do a restore I may be wrong but I think he did mention he had them...even though it was not needed!

me: Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:39 pm
cmon, guys, i was 6 minutes earlier.

Bug reporting
when updating my signature on the old forum, apostrophes seem to multiply. Also, upon pressing "Update My Signature", the error "IPB WARNING [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (Line: 610 of /sources/classes/class_forums.php)" before i get the page again.
if that helps at all for seeing what went wrong?

magicman5421 said:
Bug reporting
when updating my signature on the old forum, apostrophes seem to multiply. Also, upon pressing "Update My Signature", the error "IPB WARNING [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (Line: 610 of /sources/classes/class_forums.php)" before i get the page again.
if that helps at all for seeing what went wrong?

It's best to stay off the forum until they fix it up. I went to "My Controls", and I can see the PHP error too. If I had to guess what's going on, I'd say someone's been messing with the code.

Pardon me if this has already been discussed, but the last time the GP32X forums went down (during the Pandora preorder flurry) was acutally due to a "(D)DoS attack"? I figured the site was just swamped with interested parties ... there was an actual attack?

zappy said:
Pardon me if this has already been discussed, but the last time the GP32X forums went down (during the Pandora preorder flurry) was acutally due to a "(D)DoS attack"? I figured the site was just swamped with interested parties ... there was an actual attack?
I don't think we ever got a final word on that. It happened twice.

zappy said:

The effects of an horde of maniacal refreshing fans and those of a real DoS attack may be similar enought that even if there had been one they may not be able to prove that it was the case.

Back