Whats up with the GP32X forum??

MDave said:
Could be quite serious if someone managed to log in with an admin's account and start messing with the database, deleting all forum sections, threads and posts. Strange that members are still intact though. If no local databases have been saved frequently (or at all) then the board might have to start from scratch.
I very much doubt it, They probably backup once a day.

You'd be surprised. Many website owners update once every few months.

Thank god, I'm not the only one having problems getting on to the other forum. I think its that whole forum. If you try to go the index of that entire forum nothing comes up. not even any of the gpx boards either.

Are there any news on why the gp32x formus are down? Knowing the reason might give a rough idea on how long it takes to fix them.

I'm sure all the posts are fine, the news items and latest threads still get displayed on the front page after all.

Perhaps Hando accidentally changed some little code (that has large consequences) while making Wiz News appear on the site's main page, which I think he was recently asked to do.

It's good that we have GP32X Jr. here :D

Nope, no official word anywhere I can see. Nothing on the website/blog. They're probably trying to get it fixed as soon as possible instead of spending time talking to us and telling us what's going on. Hopefully it's solved soon.

I think it was me, sorry guys.

I said to myself yesterday 'Oh I wish this whole forum would just go away' not thinking anything of it...

For the benefit of those who have just joined the community in the last few months, let me assure you that this is relatively normal. The GP32X forum has a tendency to crash a couple times per year. The only person who can fix it is Hando, the board's admin. Hando is very busy in the real world and doesn't have the time to log in to the board more than a couple times per week. I'm sure he will get it sorted out when he can.

Just dropping in to say hi, and to say thanks to the community-blog guys - I got the update through on Akregator before even seeing the mysteriously empty forums. Thanks also to Chip for dropping in with the above info whilst I was in the process of writing this post, too (the "You may wish to review your post" feature here is quite neat. :)).

Also, wow, not been here in a while. It smells dusty, or something. :p

I also noticed on http://www.openpandora.org - the "Forums" link leads directly to the gp32x forums from the blog page, but leads to the forums portal (where you can select which forum to go to) from the Home page. It has been that way for a while...

Don't fix gp32x. This is an excellent oportunity to make this forum the main/default/official one. It's managed by EvilDragon (Pandora team), runs smoother, belongs to the domain openpandora.org...

Edy said:
Don't fix gp32x. This is an excellent oportunity to make this forum the main/default/official one. It's managed by EvilDragon (Pandora team), runs smoother, belongs to the domain openpandora.org...

Yeah, I agree. It's just if people are wondering if its worth spending time here if the old forums are going to come back, though, which has a lot of information and is where the pandora team posts its information and stuff.

EDIT: I see hando on there! Guess he's going to check things out :)

Edy said:
Don't forget that gp32x.de caters to more than just Pandora, it's also an established home for GP32, GP2X, and Wiz fans. If you don't like it then don't visit it and only post here, but you're in no position to recommend the death of what has been the center of the scene for so many years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edy said:
GP32x has down time and the primary admin doesn't really have time for it, but its still multitudes better than here, and besides, it actually has a community.

Back