What's your Pandora doing today? (Or: A Pandora photo thread.)

Prometheus

I did search for an existing thread like this, but couldn't find anything, so if there's already a thread like this (I know we have a specific one for first-impression pictures, but this isn't really the same) please point me to it and I'll get this one closed.

Basically, this thread is for random photographs of what your Pandora's up to at the moment, just for the fun of it.

This is mine a few minutes ago, with some tapes - one an old game on tape, and the other, a modern USB 2.0 hub. :p

Pandora_and_Tapes.png

The hub can power at least one USB flash-drive and one card-reader at the same time, but since it's unpowered it can't handle a portable hard drive as well (I did try!). The game on the screen is the game that's on the nearby old tape - Mr. Robot and his Robot Factory, for the Atari 400/800/XL/XE computers, running in zx-81's Pandora-Atari.

Anyone else taken any good snapshots lately?

Yesterday mine developed further into the stages of PTOD making it unusable for anything but music... Not happy about this. How long does it take to go to the UK and come back to the US anyways? Last time I got mine repaired it was a nub issue so I had to wait months and months and months... It does, however, play music very well. The battery life and the general awesomeness of Audacious are serving me well in these desperate times. I will spare the horrors of providing a picture because I know the PTOD usually at the very least will give someone and upset stomach.

why you no save ocarina of time replay for 3ds!!!?

my pandora is still being made, or probably far away from it as well

What's my Pandora doing today? The same thing it does everyday: trying to take over the world!

I took its power cord away and gave it a stern talking to though.

That theme looks awesome BlackLaice.. how about telling us how you did it? I've done a few tweaks, but nothing that looks as good as that. Tell us!

Prometheus, your photograph is brilliant. Mixed in there with the tapes and whatever else you've got as the background, it makes the Pandora look as if it were actually made alongside the other stuff. So deliciously retro. I didn't think it was really possible, but your picture made me fall in love with the Pandora without even having one in my hands, at least for now (it's 4.30 AM here atm; the logical part of my brain is switched off at this hour).

And BLACKALiCE, thanks for giving the size comparison with the G15. Someday my G15 will have a Pandora next to it. For now it is only a dream.... maybe in Two Months™ :(

if you dont know what that thing in the background is, you havent been here long enough(more then 2 days)

damnedc.jpg

What's my Pandora doing today? Only torturing the souls of the damned..

You see, this poor sucker was one of the biggest Megaman fans of all time, rivaled by only one other. What he didn't bank on is the fact that down here we don't have "official" Megaman games. Besides burning in the eternal flames, he will have to endure 1000 lifetimes of awful NES rom hacks. Oh sure at the moment he is thinking how cute it is that Megaman is jumping and blasting around in Super Mario World, but little does he know that by the next screen the game will become so buggy and unplayable it will drive him insane.

I am still unclear about his unspeakable crimes. One of my minions says he was a "ninja". I am not sure what that means. As you can imagine I am way too busy to brush up on my forum jargon, but I am sure it is ugly business indeed.

I am checking my reports now. So much paperwork, sheesh! I see his rival is a woman. We need more of them down here. It seems that so far she is following the path of "thee righteous". But all it takes is one little slip up and she is mine. Perhaps I will patch her beloved Rockman rom with a hack tweaking the gameplay just enough to make the most hardcore gamer pull their hair out in clumps. Bwwwwwaaaahhhhaaaaahhaaaa!

Oh crap, hold on a minute. "Yes I know there were no Goombas in Megaman! This isn't happy fun time here. Suffer, damn you, suffer!". I'm back. Sorry about that.

Hmmm. Digging deeper into my reports it seems I will be seeing many of you pandorians more sooner than later. You know who you are..

Until then,

Lucifer Rising

I would have added a smiley to this post, but I just can't get myself to use them. Consider it implied.

Mey Pandora sleeps in my left Baggypantsbag and is waiting to emulate final fantasy vii for mee, today morning it has me helped to surfed the web, and yesterday, it has emulate final fantasy vii and colin mc rae rally 2.0, both psx.., this weak i gave her to eat the .bin and .cue from: Tekken 2, Soulblade, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3, and Metal Gear Solid, which he emulate whitout any problem..

Mey Pandora has aktually 31 % Batterie so i going to reload the batterie in the evening to moring..

Last edited by a moderator:
I dreamt about my Pandora (which I'm still waiting for) this night. These images you people are throwing out in this thread isn't helping my patience a lot but they look delicious. Please I'm around 1500 in queue. How long do I have to wait...?

My Pandora has come to work with me today.

pandora.JPG

It's sitting patiently between my Desktop PC and my Laptop, waiting for lunchtime to come around... oh, and as you can see by the screen on my laptop, it's a very busy day.

Also in the picture are my Ubuntu server (the rackmount currently updating to 11.04) my 2 old Dell test servers (1 connected, one being the table for the rackmount!) my Nexus One phone, my iPhone (being used to take the picture with Photosynth) my bag of Fruit Pastilles (nearly empty) and my HUGE Blueman Group mug full of tea.

Come on 12 o'clock!

No pics (as I'm currently at school to teach some students), but I played some Silent Hill on my Pandora on the train from Ingolstadt to Munich today and will also do so when I go back to Ingolstadt. :)

Back