When This Is Over....

fearofshorts said:
I guess the thing that I'm the most worried about is that we'll lose our culture.
I have a vague recollection of folks having similar concerns around the time that the GP2X launched. :p Was the community's culture lost then?

Last edited by a moderator:
@paddy - Ah, was it your dinner that made you sick when you said "this makes me feel sick." before, then? I see!

Hehe no wasn't yesterday's dinner ,it was the thred being all lovey mushy and how we will all stick together after this is all over and sware to still be here working on projects after the Pandora is in our hands ,i was thinking that quite alot of the now customers OPT have are possibly younger and mabe more into the emulation/n64 side of things than the linux side but to be honest the Pandora will be a superb entry into linux and working with linux on a portable handheld device is just amazing to me ,so even with those new to linux and otherwise not going to use the OS on the home pc it will pull in quite a few folks,i also think it's a plus that only linux can run on the pandora as it will stop me and mabe others from the removal and revert to good ole windows when up against a problem.

Pandora will be great for teaching and learning all about linux.

I use Linux daily (exclusively on two of my machines - Kubuntu on one, Fedora on another; Fedora is lovely, by the way - I've only gotten into it recently, and wish I'd discovered it before! The third machine is a Macintosh, though it has an Ubuntu Virtual Machine on it, also.), so I suppose that effect is slightly lost on people like myself, but I see what you mean. :)

Nowt wrong with mush sometimes, though - well, unless people have been putting community members in blenders... That's not good. :p

I'll stick around, I don't say much anyway. Regarding blood-boiling posts and what not....where's the Hall of Shame here?

xopher said:
I'll stick around, I don't say much anyway. Regarding blood-boiling posts and what not....where's the Hall of Shame here?

Don't worry, in just a few months everyone will suspiciously start showing less than 100 posts... Wait a minute... It's already started?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just coz you said it's lovely i will need to try out fedora prolly by the weekend when i have time.

ps ,i have tested out many dists like gentoo ydl mint pclinux and ubuntu variants haven't yet used fedora.

I tried out Fedora on a (brand new) machine which the current Ubuntus won't boot on, for what it's worth, and then installed it on one of my own once I found that there are several things about it that I like more than Ubuntu and its variants (in particular, the installer, which has some options I've previously found myself wanting). There is a slight issue with the Fedora 12 LiveCD, though, in that after installation it won't update correctly, but it's well-documented and easily fixed - hopefully they'll sort that one out with Fedora 13's disc. :p

But now I'm off-topic, do pardon me, so I'll leave that subject here. :)

[/Off-topic]

Hey hey people, this topic is about love, not noobs. LOL just kidding, at least i got you all to talk about something other than waiting or bashing devs.

Back