Where Are Spare Batteries To Be Had?

javaJake said:
From that page:

MTI Micro is developing Mobion® cord-free rechargeable power pack technology as a superior solution for powering the multi-billion dollar portable electronics market. MTI Micro's strategy is to enter the market with low power products for use in the consumer electronics industry for applications like cell phones, PDAs, MP3 players and other handheld electronic devices.
Good luck. ;)

Multi-billion dollar portable electronics market, not company. The Pandora will be part of that market, will it not? MTI Micro's strategy is to enter the market with low power products, ie. they may have later products that are higher power. You bolded all the wrong bits :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I also didn't get the javaJake's reply. Thanks for the good luck wish though. Any way fishybawb has perfectly explained everything. I really hope to get something like methanol fuel cell for the Pandora. Well, it may be not as a built-in power supply, but as an external recharger (and probably the first option will be nice for the Pandora MK2).

I've found out that several friends have problems with NIMH cells in high power devices. Good NIMH cells that keep their 1,2 volts over 90% of ther capacity are just as expensive as li-ion cells. Some cells can hardly be charged to their maximum because they irritate the chargers with bad voltage characteristics. Round cells waste space too.
li-ion batteries like the Panasonic BCE10E work very well and keep handhelds light and compact.

fishybawb said:
Multi-billion dollar portable electronics market, not company. The Pandora will be part of that market, will it not? MTI Micro's strategy is to enter the market with low power products, ie. they may have later products that are higher power. You bolded all the wrong bits :p
Sorry about that. I read very quickly through all that to get an idea. Thanks for correcting. (And this time I mean it.) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back