Where Is The Flood Of 3D Art?

Bramrash said:
Wallace and Gromit is way better

And that's your humble opinion. Which you are entitled to. Without others shouting "Bullshit"

Last edited by a moderator:
Bullshit.

On topic, I like the shaded vertex render. Do OP plan to make any of the Pandora cases in invisible? Maybe for the second batch?

Bramrash said:
On topic, I like the shaded vertex render. Do OP plan to make any of the Pandora cases in invisible? Maybe for the second batch?
no, the cases used will literally be the same ones from batch one (minus the "first batch" silkscreen badge obviously). The reason for this is the minimum order fo case production is 10,000. So after the first batch there will be 6,000 cases left over for the second/third batches.

Consequence9 said:
Bramrash said:
no, the cases used will literally be the same ones from batch one (minus the "first batch" silkscreen badge obviously). The reason for this is the minimum order fo case production is 10,000. So after the first batch there will be 6,000 cases left over for the second/third batches.

That raises a good question. Is the minimum order for a complete run? If so, that would include the printing, and thusly, "first batch" on all 10,000.

Edit: With all the trouble with the factory, does anyone think they will try to change the printing in mid run?

Edit2: Or is it more likely, this future eventuality hasn't occurred to them yet? Not that it would have, it's pretty minor compared to what they have to deal with... but, the devil's in the details.

BackAssward said:
That raises a good question. Is the minimum order for a complete run? If so, that would include the printing, and thusly, "first batch" on all 10,000.
Not necessarily. Moulding the cases is the hard part that needs to be setup and taken down. Changing the plastic mid process causes problems.
However, they've already shown how easy it is to just print the silk screen, including a different file. I can't see any reason why, once aligned, they can't print 4000 with one file and 6000 with another.

WizardStan said:
BackAssward said:
Not necessarily. Moulding the cases is the hard part that needs to be setup and taken down. Changing the plastic mid process causes problems.
However, they've already shown how easy it is to just print the silk screen, including a different file. I can't see any reason why, once aligned, they can't print 4000 with one file and 6000 with another.
Correct, not necessarily, hence why it's a question. Also, see my edit I made before you posted.

BackAssward said:
WizardStan said:
BackAssward said:
Correct, not necessarily, hence why it's a question. Also, see my edit I made before you posted.
I actually took a long time to respond, having hit reply and then being called away before I could post, so I didn't see the edit, but that's a very good point. I'm going to stick with "shouldn't be any reason they can't run 4000 with one file and then 6000 with a different file" but we shall wait and see.

Bramrash said:
Do OP plan to make any of the Pandora cases in invisible? Maybe for the second batch?
Hey, they could switch to "invisible" right now and save a lot of time ;)

Someone (I can't recall if it was Craig, MWeston, ED or Santa's ghost) from OpenPandora said they were going to look into getting the factory to only do the "Firt Batch" bit on the first 4000 and not on the whole 10,000 order. Which implies that at the time they didn't know if they would, so it's uncertain, but at least they are aware of the issue.

Back