Where Is The Flood Of 3D Art?

Hi guys,

Sorry, I had to remove the files as Michael Weston thinks, those are still useful for manufactures to clone the device.
If you already downloaded them: Please don't share them :) You can do renderings, but don't give the models away.

Sorry about that.

Anyone know why I can't get a decent speckled texture for the case in C4D?
I think it may be something to do with the tiling and projection type but I can't seem to make it work on the files provided...

Rick

EvilDragon said:
Hi guys,

Sorry, I had to remove the files as Michael Weston thinks, those are still useful for manufactures to clone the device.
If you already downloaded them: Please don't share them :) You can do renderings, but don't give the models away.

Sorry about that.

Not a problem, and it's a shame it really is - personally I hope to use it to produce better images myself in future, time permitting, but it's a shame if anyone that would use them wisely missed it.

I THINK I just saw them hosted elsewhere - let me go check.

Last edited by a moderator:
In C4D I learned that adding the phong shading icon was a big no no as that made everything go nuts.

I can't see why you can't set up material projection as cubic and set the tiling to a higher number like 32. That should work. It worked when I was playing with colour gradients (when I made my rainbow pandora).

ED: No problems and I totally understand. Can you tell me though what font was used in the key mats as I'm going to create all the letters by hand later tonight :)

Monk said:
ED - looks like the model is referenced in the old cooking book I have in my shelf.
Thanks, that gave me a chance at grabbing it. (I have no evil intentions)

pawprints said:
I can't see why you can't set up material projection as cubic and set the tiling to a higher number like 32. That should work. It worked when I was playing with colour gradients (when I made my rainbow pandora).

yep I haven't used C4D for about 9 months and had it all set up as spherical!! Now it looks proper speckly!

Rick

NLS said:

Not my intent - I'm trying to be good here. Could you possibly edit out the link from your post, please?

Monk said:
NLS said:

Not my intent - I'm trying to be good here. Could you possibly edit out the link from your post, please?
Done

MWeston was smart enough to remove the interior of the models (making them useless to copycats).

This creates some strange artifacts when you're using an unbiased renderer, however:
wqp9d.jpg

(If you don't see it: the LEDs inside of the case create dots of light on the bottom of the case because the case has a width of 0)

A rather pretty effect but annoying to eliminate if you want realistic images.

NLS said:
Monk said:
Done

Many thanks :D

dflemstr said:
Just remove the actual uploaded files, which makes the links to them useless.

True, but beyond our control - whereas editing our posts IS within our control. We do what we can, and learn not to fret over what we cannot :)

My, but that's a lot of triangles!

EvilDragon said:
Hi guys,

Sorry about that.
i dont understand why we cant have them?

I dont need them, but i'd like some photos of this 3d file.

dflemstr said:
MWeston was smart enough to remove the interior of the models (making them useless to copycats).

I did that ;)
I removed quite a lot of stuff making in unusable except for a few renderings.
I did a quick STL check - the model does have about 1 Million (!) errors that need to be fixed before you can use them for a CNC / FDM machine... so copying won't really work here at all.

Last edited:
I think if someone really wanted to copy the pandora they'd have done it already. They may think again when we get to batch 5 though. But please please please ED. Can you tell me what font was used on the keymap!! :) I know it's written on some desolate forum page but I can't find it even after searching.

I intend to add the keys tonight and will then start animating :) Oh and cheers Ed and MW for your continued updates, they are much appreciated :)

Well...

I haven't divided up the lights yet or coloured them properly

I haven't stuck in an sd card

I haven't done the keys

I haven't done the screen properly

I haven't animated it

apart from that, it's finished!

Rick

Pandora-render2.jpg

Back