Which DE / WM for the next "Y" release ?

Which of the following DE's would you like to see in the next "Y" release ?

• GNOME

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • KDE SC

• CDE

• IRIX Interactive Desktop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xfce

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • EDE

• Etoilé

• LXDE

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Mezzo

• ROX

• UDE

• Unity

• Gnome shell

• KDE Plasma

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No DE !

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Panorama

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

iPhone is capitalized correctly. IPhone and Iphone are not. The way it's trademarked is iPhone.

It's just like how C# (the programming language) is called C# and not C♯. Even though the pronunciation would lead you to believe that the latter is correct (and, indeed, the latter should be correct), the former is correct, not the latter.

I don't care. I tend to type sentences very quickly, I reflexively capitalize nouns.. Live with it..

And just to annoy you..

Ipod, IPad, IMac, IPhone,IPaq, IGenericProduct...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care. I tend to type sentences very quickly, I reflexively capitalize nouns.. Live with it..

And just to annoy you..

Ipod, IPad, IMac, IPhone,IPaq, IGenericProduct...

Oh, no, that wasn't annoyance, it was in response to this:

I like to properly punctuate my proper nouns even if Apple doesn't like to.
(emphasis added)

iPhone is capitalized correctly. IPhone and Iphone are not. The way it's trademarked is iPhone.

It's just like how C# (the programming language) is called C# and not C♯. Even though the pronunciation would lead you to believe that the latter is correct (and, indeed, the latter should be correct), the former is correct, not the latter.

And you think I don't realize this?

I like to properly punctuate my proper nouns even if Apple doesn't like to.
(emphasis added)

Do you see the title I gave myself above my avatar picture? Can you not sense wit or sarcasm in written form?

well I'm quite surprised by xfce4 & xfwm4 scoring so highly, I'm guessing most people buying or thinking of buying a pandora already have some experience with it, it's also good to see lxde being so popular as well, hope the OPT do stick with xfce it's the only DE I use now that gnome is so um! different, thank god it's so easy to swap DE's with linux distro's.

oh dear I seem to have posted in the middle of a punctuation war, my bad - please carry on. :ph34r:

Back