Which DE / WM for the next "Y" release ?

Which of the following DE's would you like to see in the next "Y" release ?

• GNOME

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • KDE SC

• CDE

• IRIX Interactive Desktop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xfce

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • EDE

• Etoilé

• LXDE

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Mezzo

• ROX

• UDE

• Unity

• Gnome shell

• KDE Plasma

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No DE !

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Panorama

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

If it doesn't hog our limited system resources, I think It would be great!

Although a scroll down the Plasma Active page says they don't officially support ARM yet.

Yeah, well, it's already runnable on the N900 which shares the SOC with pandora, so I don't think it would be that big a hurdle to get working.

OK, Plasma Active might not be the one we want, at least not yet. It's still very much in development :p

But it does run fairly nicely. In my experience most stuff run nicer on a pandora than they do on my N900, so it could work better. Plasma Active and Panorama are based on the same building blocks, so I guess you could view Panorama as a measure :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lb-wb0h5si0?feature=oembed

I like the current setup. LXDE in some of StreaK's screen shots look cool though.

What actualy makes Android run that fluffy and smooth like it does on most of the Android Hardware? Any "dirty tricks" underneeth the hood there?

right then, why does this thread always act like theres unread posts in it, when there arent? does it mark it as unread each time somebody votes in a poll? i dont remember having issues with other poll threads

Android runs fluffy and smooth? News to me. :p
I just heard so, but I don't own any Android Device. ^^"" But I already would be happy if it runs a little bit smoother than the Pandora Desktop.
I have a 1.1GHz tablet. It's very sluggish - it's nothing like the snappiness of the Pandora at 500MHz. That said, your mileage may vary. :p

Yes, it does. Also, other polls do too.

That's annoying...
Hugely. It gets me every time. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I'm trying to compile "Enlightenment" right on the Pandora :)

I managed to compile "eina" in /home/samuel/enlightenment. Now I want to compile "eet" but ./configure complains because it can't find "eina"... I tried "export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/samuel/enlightenment/lib" but it didn't work. I also tried "./configure EINA_LIBS=/home/samuel/enlightenment", without luck...

What am I doing wrong ?

Bye and thanks ! Magic Sam

Ask the guys at IRC. :)

I wonder who were two other freaks reasonable people who voted for fvwm. It should work just great with Pandora (like with anything else).

I just heard so, but I don't own any Android Device. ^^"" But I already would be happy if it runs a little bit smoother than the Pandora Desktop.

Runs pretty good on my Droid-X in my opinion. I personally don't feel it's any bit worst than the feel of IOS on the iPhones. But to be honest I've only used an Iphone about a half dozen times.

Runs pretty good on my Droid-X in my opinion. I personally don't feel it's any bit worst than the feel of IOS on the iPhones. But to be honest I've only used an Iphone about a half dozen times.

IOS? Iphone? Never heard of 'em. :p

Is IOS at all like iOS?

[/nitpick]

Is IOS at all like iOS?

[/nitpick]

Seriously!? don't you have bigger things to nitpick than this?

I like to properly punctuate my proper nouns even if Apple doesn't like to.

Is IOS at all like iOS?

[/nitpick]

Seriously!? don't you have bigger things to nitpick than this?

I like to properly punctuate my proper nouns even if Apple doesn't like to.
"don't" should be capitalized as it's a new sentence, seeing as how you ended your "Seriously" with an exclamation point, and a question mark.

And who do you think you are starting a sentence with a quote...

Just be glad I don't capitalize everything just to piss people off.

Back