Which websites should we advertise on

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Where else do you visit that might be a good place to attract people to the Pandora scene?

Is there a big emulation hub site these days?

I'd suggest Hackaday.com . It is a Hard and asoftwarehackingsite. It already featured the Pandora and RaspberryPi but another article won't hurt.

If you can get it on the Ben Heck show that would be really great. Maybe he wants to do some mods to it :)

but another article won't hurt.

hmm... but craigix mentioned advertising. An article will run once, an advertisement can show for days or weeks. Would a good advert be better than an article?

won't it get buried after a minute on reddit, seing all those posts?

Edit: Is there an advertising budget? Maybe it would help to advertise on professional non-"free" sites that are not too crowded with user content to get noticed in.

Edit: What Gruso said, below. Sponsored is the word :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored links on Reddit are pinned at the top, and they have embedded sidebar ads too. Using the usual link submission system would not indeed not be very effective.

it depends on what you want to accomplish.. sell more pandoras only?

- try to advert it in business webpages with information: "Pandora - Ultimate businessman's gadget" [Maybe Pandora - Business Edition with better shiny cover :) or similiar thing to attract "people with cash" :) ]

- try to advert it in geeks webpages [engadget etc..]

- do not touch pages with retrogaming [most of them knows EVERYTHING about OP from long time (good & bad things..)]

How about a more general pocketable gadget site like pocketables.net ?

Been around for several years....has news, reviews, and a forum too....

Most Imporant:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Main_Page

Homebrew for the wii. They love consoles, indy games and emulators. And have more then 1 million installations of the homebrew channel. STRIKE!

http://afterdawn.com

http://gbatemp.net

Some console sites. They allow all topics including piracy, but won't allow hosting roms and other illegal stuff. You can talk about it and ask questions about it. The people who are visiting this site could be interessted into the pandora.

Romsides:

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

People who download roms, potientally interessted in devices which can play them as handheld.

Maybe don't tell them first 700$ price. Tell them what it can do and offer some older consoles (broken wlan or so something) for a cheaper price. This way they can get are emulation handheld they want for a good price, instead of a full mini notebook.

What about phoronix.com? ARM devices has been a popular topic there lately.

Also distrowatch readers may be interested in a thing like the pandora.

Back to concentrating on game emulation? I wouldn't give up on that audience, but I think you might want to consider some additional pools.

Audiophiles - MWeston did an amazing job on the headphone audio. There are people who pay the price of a Pandora for pocket amplifiers to make their iPod (or similar) sound like a Pandora does right out of the box.

Travelers - both business and pleasure. I get people rubber-necking what I'm doing with my Pandora fairly regularly in airports.

System admins - remote desktop capabilities with a usable keyboard in a handheld device. Full SSH and SSHFS capability.

Perhaps some Linux gaming websites like penguspy.com or linuxgames.com though they don't seem to have advertising.

Linuxgames.com would prob enjoy posting a well worded article.. It could just be a collection of reviews and a tale of the chaos of production and how everything is coming together nicely.

I've been reading hitting that site for years, It's been seeing a little too much news about closed sourced Indy games that are released to Windows, Mac and just happen to get a Linux port.. Time we showed them what can be done with open source software again.

Actually I would agree with Gruso with reddit. The community there doesn't really mind the ads.

Once production is at full steam I would be more than happy to post about the pandora in a few niche subreddits I am a part of. Mainly to inform them about the product as I believe they would actually be interested in it. Well after I have gotten my unit and given it a trial.

Back