While we're on the subject of SCUMM...

volfro

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hello, folks!

I LOVE the SCUMM VM for my GP. It's awesome.

But there's one small hangup: one of my favorite games, Sam and Max Hit the Road, freezes after every cutscene or cutscene-like game or animation. For instance: the intro movie with the crazy doctor. It completes perfectly (albiet without music), but at the end, when it should cut to another part of the game, it just stops. The small looping animations continue, but the game just quits. It's keeping me from going any further. Rather annoying.

While I'm at it, I have a quick question as regards Movie Park encoding: I encoded a small (20 minute) video of Pablo Francisco's standup routine from Comedy Central Presents. Which is hilarious. You should download it. Anyway. So when it goes fullscreen, the sound and video get gradually out of sync, with the video moving slightly slower than the sound. But when I play it windowed, it works just fine. What's up with that? I don't think it's happened to anything else I've encoded, and the specs were absolutely no different than they were for everything else.

Whew. That was unnecessarily longwinded and whiny.

But thanks for any and all help.

Volfro

Uh... dunno about most of that stuff but I can report I get the same thing with SAM N MAX (but I get music, the trick is to get the floppy version of the game.... easily found if you know of the right places - wink wink).

I found that if I hit the SELECT buton it skips the anims, ofcourse that's gonna be really annoying to play. :(

Mattoo - When you say that you get music, do you get it throughout the game? I have both the CD and Floppy versions (Of which I have to use the Floppy game to get SFX) but the Floppy version of Sam n Max does not play music - Not in the intro (Credits) nor the game... Only the sound effects are played.

How-so-ever... If the game cannot get past whack-a-rat, then I don't see me bothering to play it!

Whoops. Ok, it's been a few days - I'm sure the music worked, just the speach for the opening intro it seems, my mistake. :/

However, sort of a fix for the stuck-after-cutscene problem. If you save it whence it gets stuck, then load that save it'll take you back to the same stuck place - but this time hit the SELECT button and it appears to continue. Perhaps it's a bug to do with the autosaves....?

Decimate your video by 3.

A/v sync will unsync because you have too many framesfor every second of audio.

Decimate your video by 3.

A/v sync will unsync because you have too many framesfor every second of audio.
I thought he said he did the same thing w/ other movies and it worked + this one works in windowed :blink: I think it is just one of thoes moveis that won't work, because as you can see on the GP32Emu FAQ (Encoding), it says that some movies just won't encode :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back