Why im suprised...

I don't have my Pandora yet, but I just compiled this for my sheevaplug. It's a bit "choppy" i.e. if you draw a circle quickly you're likely to end up with a pentagon, or even a triangle(!), but this could be due to many things: working over VNC; the sheevaplug's lack of hardware fpu; etc.
It actually didn't even compile for me on x86... Some linker problem with deflate/libz and I have no idea how to fix it :D

Yeah, that was a weird one - I've compiled on three machines, now, and only had this on one of them (the one using the 'gold' linker, which is probably it).

It's easily fixed: in the top-level CMakeLists.txt, underneath

Code:
find_package ( Qt4 REQUIRED )

add

Code:
find_package ( ZLIB REQUIRED )

and in src/shared/CMakeLists.txt, add

Code:
${ZLIB_LIBRARIES}

after

Code:
${QT_LIBRARIES}

or apply this patch.

For ARM, you'll need this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a quick cross compile of DrawPile using Yactfeau and my initial tests were positive. At first the drawing was choppy as described above, but then I closed the overview dock window and it ran full speed! In fact... Closing all of the docks apart from chat and drawing window made it look like Pictochat! :lol:

I want to do some tests with the server application and also make sure no NAND writes happen. But if everything goes smoothly perhaps ED can run an official server for Pandora users? :)

EDIT/UPDATE: Quick tests were positive. I have both hosted a draw session on my desktop and connected to it from the Pandora and it works really well. I also setup a headless server on my desktop, then did a remote host on it from the Pandora and then launched the drawpile app and connected both to the server and it works fine! :)

I can't promise an ETA but I will try and PND this up in the not too distant future... or quite probably when I'm stuck on a plane for 16 hours this Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a quick cross compile of DrawPile using Yactfeau and my initial tests were positive. At first the drawing was choppy as described above, but then I closed the overview dock window and it ran full speed! In fact... Closing all of the docks apart from chat and drawing window made it look like Pictochat! :lol:

I want to do some tests with the server application and also make sure no NAND writes happen. But if everything goes smoothly perhaps ED can run an official server for Pandora users? :)

EDIT/UPDATE: Quick tests were positive. I have both hosted a draw session on my desktop and connected to it from the Pandora and it works really well. I also setup a headless server on my desktop, then did a remote host on it from the Pandora and then launched the drawpile app and connected both to the server and it works fine! :)

I can't promise an ETA but I will try and PND this up in the not too distant future... or quite probably when I'm stuck on a plane for 16 hours this Sunday.
That's actually extremely awesome :D How's it coming along?

Back