Why no ads?

Zadak

Still Fresh
I was wondering why there weren't any online ads at all for the Pandora. Its really one of the greatest pieces of tech that I have seen in years! So I was thinking why hasn't anyone heard of it, maybe its because there are no ads? I was only able to find it because I was looking for a hand held emulator (which I never even knew existed untill i saw the a320 and Caanoo on Think Geek.com)

This just seems crazy to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of buying a wiz until i stumbled upon the pandora.Then i remembered id read about it somewhere before.

It would be cool if games tm or edge magazine had a little article on the pandora though.I haveent seen any online ads so far.

Low budget venture that experienced a myriad of issues along the way. Now 800+ days after preordering started, we may finally be at a place where production is working properly and all those who've preordered will do the advertising instead of needing to pay for ads. We'll know in Two Months™

Low budget venture that experienced a myriad of issues along the way. Now 800+ days after preordering started, we may finally be at a place where production is working properly and all those who've preordered will do the advertising instead of needing to pay for ads. We'll know in Two Months™

Yeah I suppose it is up to use to get the word out.

But a magazine article would be nice... oh well.

Not until production gets steady, but yes.
That's it exactly, there's a very small supply (a trickle, I guess) of Pandora machines, and the demand seems to be meeting the supply easily.

If OPT had a special factory producing a thousand new Pandoras every day, then they might advertise a little to increase demand and make sure they all get bought quickly. As it is, demand seems to be fine without any ads, and they won't benefit much from having a lot more followers who don't have Pandoras yet.

Like ED said before, he could easily sell 100s of Pandoras every time he goes to an event, but there aren't any to sell.

They've managed to sell what they have so far through these forums and some coverage from sites like engadget, which is great because it's free!

Why don't they get a better factory?

You can be sure that the steady shipping of Pandoras, or the beginning of batch 2 shipping will be news that'll penetrate the four corners of the blogosphere- irritating, oft-blocked, horrible banner ads aren't a patch on that sort of free and handily well targeted marketing.

If you're seeing online ads, your browser is broken ;)

They're working on that. This new place in Taiwan is working alongside (not in lieu of) the one in Texas.

If you're seeing online ads, your browser is broken

5373.jpg

yeah cant wait till there are 4000 pandora owners.The forums will be mental.then word of mouth will be stronger and some ads wouldnt hurt either.

You can be sure that the steady shipping of Pandoras, or the beginning of batch 2 shipping will be news that'll penetrate the four corners of the blogosphere- irritating, oft-blocked, horrible banner ads aren't a patch on that sort of free and handily well targeted marketing.

If you're seeing online ads, your browser is broken ;)

Then we must spam! XD

haha nah then we'd just be annoying. I guess an article would be best.

Who says they aren't? There have been talks with another company. Remember though that setting up a production line for such things takes both time and money. Also keep in mind that several companies are involved for different parts each (cases, boards, nubs, displays, etc.).

The delays the past half year were not caused by CircuitCo (the board producer) but rather by a design/production error in the nubs. As such there seems to be little reason to switch to another company.

They're working on that. This new place in Taiwan is working alongside (not in lieu of) the one in Texas.

5373.jpg

cool !

@ Cain I didn't know... :p thanks for the update ( iam new so be easy on me). Knowlage makes you look less stupid.

Thanks for bothering to tell me.

*Brofist*

That fist is curiously appropriately sized on my screen. Yes. I did place my fist there.

Looking at what's available for the Pandora now, and approximating that awesomeness by dividing it by the current installed user base, and multiplying it by 4000 gives a rough extrapolation of just how much pure awesome is going to be bestowed upon this holy handheld once it actually has more than a handful of owners.

I bought into the GP2X all those years and years ago, but it was in its infancy and, it being a battery sucking, poorly made piece of shit aside, wasn't blessed with anything like the amazing software available for the Pandora. Unlike the fail which was the GP2X in those days of yore and old, the Pandora will surely hit the ground running once production issues are out of the way. Waiting almost 2 years for it to ship has certainly been a pain, but if nothing else it will ensure those of us who are still waiting will get a mature console and proceed to rant and rave about how awesome it is to anyone who will listen.

That fist is curiously appropriately sized on my screen. Yes. I did place my fist there.

Looking at what's available for the Pandora now, and approximating that awesomeness by dividing it by the current installed user base, and multiplying it by 4000 gives a rough extrapolation of just how much pure awesome is going to be bestowed upon this holy handheld once it actually has more than a handful of owners.

I bought into the GP2X all those years and years ago, but it was in its infancy and, it being a battery sucking, poorly made piece of shit aside, wasn't blessed with anything like the amazing software available for the Pandora. Unlike the fail which was the GP2X in those days of yore and old, the Pandora will surely hit the ground running once production issues are out of the way. Waiting almost 2 years for it to ship has certainly been a pain, but if nothing else it will ensure those of us who are still waiting will get a mature console and proceed to rant and rave about how awesome it is to anyone who will listen.

I hope you have two right hands.

5373.jpg
5373.jpg

something about you protoman....theres just something about you, cant quite put my finger on it

Back