Why So Little Demo Material

Status
Not open for further replies.
chad78 said:
Stuff could be thrown together for a public demo, but don't you think it's better to take longer and do a thorough proper reliable job instead?
No. No I don't. I'd rather see something thrown together for a public demo than several more months of "it's ready when it's ready"...
Double edged sword that, demos take time to mock up when the focus of the work is on stuff that does not look very funky. Unfortunately there is an absolutely herculean amount of 'dull hacking' at a command prompt that goes into something like this.

Maybe I should invest in a webcam one of these days. Show some demos of cat'ing odd devices ;).

In all seriousness I will see what I can do when I am home again, maybe some more videos or pictures would not go a miss even from my ancient (in Pandora terms) dev kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im happy with the f-200 for now and am willing to wait as long as it takes for a quality pandora, not some rush job. The success of the pandora will depend a lot on favorable word-of-mouth, youtube videos, reviews etc. based on the initial batch. If there are big flaws that are missed because of a rush job then we all suffer.

Chad, I suggest you go and buy a PSP if things are taking too long for you, this scene is what it is, and the Pandora will be ready when it's ready. We have never rushed anything and we never will.

All you have done with your childish rant is piss off several members of the Pandora team who are working flat out on this device.

We were having fun working out what videos to post this week then you came in here with your post and have put a complete low mood on us all.

Thanks for that. We will just keep the updates to the key team members for a while then so we don't accidentally randomly piss you off with our hard work.

Squidge said:
When something happens, you'll be the first the know about it, m'kay?

There's a lot going on behind the scenes, some of which can't be made public. Stuff could be thrown together for a public demo, but don't you think it's better to take longer and do a thorough proper reliable job instead?
This is an extreme suggestion, but why doesn't a GP32x mod close the Pandora "General Talk" forum until the device is released publicly for preordering. Also, make the "News Zone" forum available only to Craigix and the team for the obvious tidbits we all want, and for any polls that need to be created. Those who are going to buy the device will buy it regardless of the daily nonsense threads like below under "General Talk":
1. Why So Little Demo Material
2. I Just Creamed in My Jeans
3. What Can We Expect
4. (Unofficial) Pandora User's Interface
5. What is the Maximum(pics show it to open pretty wide at the hinge -so who cares)
6. Weekly N64 possible? post
7. Battery life question post again
All worthy of lengthy threads surely, but it would seem sensible to me to close this forum so the work can be done without any more pressuring and the eager public can then buy the product when it really is ready. All answers to questions are really guesses if you think about it since no one has a fully working device. Too much time is wasted on juvenile nonsense here and although I have a lot of patience(and love juvenile nonsense with some fava beans), I believe it is getting stretched for those who are working on the Pandora.

The only thread that seemed decent until it imploded was the Wikipedia thread, and that could of been mentioned in the "News Zone" as a single allowed post of -AtomicThumbs is working on compressing Wiki dumps to a manageable size for the Pandora browser-. It would save so much time for everyone. We still have the pinned posts above for anything worthwhile and maybe the pinned emulator post could be cleaned up and shortened for any newbies who found out about the Pandora. :pandora1:

Again, just a thought. I repeat that it is just a thought I had.
I'm not trying to be nasty here, just putting forth an idea to keep us all sane(or nearly). :wacko: :unsure:

Just so the Pandora Team knows this I really, truly am very happy you are working so hard to make the Pandora.
Keep up the awesome work as it is appreciated by many of us. Keep healthy too as I can't imagine how hard this must be to do.

craigix said:
Chad, I suggest you go and buy a PSP if things are taking too long for you, this scene is what it is, and the Pandora will be ready when it's ready. We have never rushed anything and we never will.

All you have done with your childish rant is piss off several members of the Pandora team who are working flat out on this device.

We were having fun working out what videos to post this week then you came in here with your post and have put a complete low mood on us all.

Thanks for that. We will just keep the updates to the key team members for a while then so we don't accidentally randomly piss you off with our hard work.
lol, sorry, but that's a total cop out :D A single post has hurt all the devs' feelings so now you have an excuse for no updates? Please. Double edged sword, this "open development process" malarkey. Sounds good though ;)

craigix said:

Don't worry man, your efforts are definitely appreciated. :)

craigix said:
I already have one - check my sig.QUOTE
Like you, maybe - by pointing out your many broken promises?QUOTE
Hey, now you can blame *me* for your broken promises - instead of the nub people - or FedEx - or being "too busy"... Good work turning on your potential customers, there guy.

chad78 said:
craigix said:
I already have one - check my sig.QUOTE
Like you, maybe - by pointing out your many broken promises?QUOTE
Hey, now you can blame *me* for your broken promises - instead of the nub people - or FedEx - or being "too busy"... Good work turning on your potential customers, there guy.
Stop it! Everyone has a point and is partially correct. No one is trying to mislead anyone and no one is trying to dismiss anyone's hard work.
GP32x Mods please read my previous post about closing the General Talk forum so we can all love eachother again a few months from now. <_<

chad78 said:
Squidge said:
So - you're saying there's nothing happening... Great.QUOTE
Stuff could be thrown together for a public demo, but don't you think it's better to take longer and do a thorough proper reliable job instead?
No. No I don't. I'd rather see something thrown together for a public demo than several more months of "it's ready when it's ready"...
Boy that's petty and short-sighted. Chad, in all seriousness, if this bothers you so much why don't you just forget about the Pandora for a while, come back in a month or two and see how it's doing then? You'll save yourself a lot of angst.

craigix said:
We are VERY busy right now.

You will see loads of youtube stuff on real pandoras in July for the build up to preordering.
So I guess that means in the next two weeks we'll hopefully have lots to drool over!

EDIT: Ok I must be a retard - spotted the new pandora you tube video! Looking good!

Scarfman007
(first post - sorry it wasn't something more interesting!)

Squidge said:
There's a lot going on behind the scenes, some of which can't be made public. Stuff could be thrown together for a public demo, but don't you think it's better to take longer and do a thorough proper reliable job instead?
If we all would promise to let the Team do their work, no complaining, no "when we will see XYZ", no unhappiness...
Would you guys promise to make an incredible detailed "behind the Screen/ Making of Pandora" after this thing is finaly released? ;)
I can wait but at the end I really want Informations about everything and anything...and I love Making of's ;)

Well, at least I could promise to stopp wanting new infos every 5 Seconds if you priomise to make the entire "Pandora-Story" after the release of the Machine. ^_^

chad78 said:
Squidge said:
So - you're saying there's nothing happening... Great.
Well, nothing that can be made public, no. Take that as you like. I know you will.

chad78 said:
Then your going to be disappointed, as that aint happenin'

(Even if it did, you would get your video, and then even longer to wait whilst whatever was did for the demo was rewritten, and then some. Waste of time, effort and money.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back