Wibrain B1H umpc

sukhi2011

I've just got my Wibrain B1H umpc few days ago and my thoughts on it,what's it like.

In short words it's awesome nice screen quality screen and small fits in pocket can play pc games,pc emulators and programs,here is a list of stuff i'm using and works fine:

Pc games

* sonic heroes (runs full speed with perfect sound)

*halo (Oh yeah halo is a breeze running it on 4.8 screen)

*chaos legion (Capcom amazing adventure game plays perfect in all respect)

* far cry ( graphics were messed as soon as you get into next room the graphics go perfect and it plays really fast even on med settings)

*crazy taxi (oh yes you guessed it right the craziest game of them all,plays near perfect and sound is perfect)

and many others inc. mugen and dugen.

Pc emulators

*Fusion,gens,gens+ (are all perfect)

*Cps3 (yes the official emulator plays full speed and quality sound)

*sega model 2 (Plays ok most games are very playable and some are slow)

*3do (this emulator isn't bad at all runs fine and is very playable)

*jaguar (probably the best jag emulator on any portable system)

*mame (it's very advanced plays alot of new games)

*neo geo pop (outstanding emulator plays like a dream just like the real console)

*n64 (n64 on wibrain is totally out of this world plays alot of games in full speed and music is excellent)

and many others.

Pc programs

*microsoft office 2007 (runs perfect)

*nero10 (superb burning software runs fine on wibrain)

*adobe photoshop cs5.1 (Runs really fast with no slowdown,very shocking)

*vlc media player (wow,awesome is superb)

*media player 9 (is very nice and works perfect)

I connected external dvd drive and run dvd movie on both media player and vlc the results were perfect.

Wibrain can also play you tube,itv1 and other online channels full speed with clear sound and all in full screen.

anyone else get this weird Red Baron vibe going on here? or do we wait for a For Sale thread first?

Yay! I can play PC games on a PC.... as for emulators... where's my controls on that thing?

Yeah, it's a nice portable PC.. but it's about as good to play console games needing proper controls as my Netbook, in my opinion.

Missing battery life and Linux (or is there a fully working Linux out there for it already?) is a serious showstopper for me.

Edit: Okay, seems like there's a Slowbuntu available for it, would love to have Arch there.

But seriously, buying this thing used in Germany is more expensive than a new Pandora... and no Wifi...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you enjoy your 3 hours batterylife before running to a poweroutlet? ;)

Also I'd like to see your pocket with it in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder when he starts complaining on their forums ;)

No offense here. Just light hearted talk.

I am happy that you found a device you seem to like!

Just had a look at the images of this, it looks a bit like those old Pocket Surfer devices from Datawind.

Not too bad for some more PC related tasks which your smartphone can't manage very well, and if Photoshop runs nice on it thats a good thing, but doesn't look like the type of device I would want to play games on myself.

I'm more a console controller guy over k/board controls for games, and this thing lacks those it seems.

I know someone who might well be interested in this though, for the MS Office side of things mainly.

Just had a look at the images of this, it looks a bit like those old Pocket Surfer devices from Datawind.

Not too bad for some more PC related tasks which your smartphone can't manage very well, and if Photoshop runs nice on it thats a good thing, but doesn't look like the type of device I would want to play games on myself.

Yep. As said: I think it's a neat PC, but with that poor battery time and missing gaming controls, it's not good for gaming for me as well.

Back