Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I already preordered a wii!

• Im not getting any of them

• Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nintendo should really change the way you add friends to your buddy list, I know they're trying to protect the kiddos from pervs and what not, but I'm sure they can figure something better out <_<

Still getting a Wii though, once I stop being poor.

I passed through Luton Airport last night, and they had a Wii stand. The funny thing was, none of the public could play it because the people paid to present it were playing it for themselves. They were having such a laugh!

Wish I wasn't poor...

hopefully when i get home from work tomorrow i will have my wii :D But i did get an email from hmv saying that i will be gettin one of the first wiis they get but theres been a delay or somethin but a couple of days ago they emailed saying that it has already been shipped :huh: maybe i will get another one form them later too :p Anyway if they have completly messed it up i still got one coming from GAME :D

Ok, so i went to various stores in Hildesheim today, trying to persuade a salesperson to sell me a Wii. Two of the stories are worth telling.

First one plays in Galeria Kaufhof, a department store.

When i arrived in the toy section, the first thing i saw was three Wii Play, Nunchucks and Classic controllers in a glass box. So i walked up to this salesgirl and asked her: Hey, do you have the Nintendo Wii in stock here?
She: But of course!
Me: :eek: And do you sell it?
She: :unsure: Yeah, why not?
Me: :blink: Ok, i´d like to buy one Wii then !!!!
She walked up to the glass box to get me a wii, but there wasn´t a wii in there, just the controllers. So she
called the manager asking if she could get one from the storage room.
Manager: Well, we don´t have any Wiis yet, we should get them tomorrow morning.
Me: :blink: Oh darn, say how many do you get?
Manager: I don´t know exactly... not more than ten... But you can buy controllers today if you like...
We talked a bit and he gave me a tip how to get to the toys section quicker tomorrow morning.
from what i´ve heard on german forums, the Wii Play and Nunchuck are only available in very small
numbers, so i decided to get a Nunchuck and Wii Play.
reco0028io8.jpg

The last place i visited was the only local gamingshop, PlayersGate. I knew they were only selling preordered units, so i had no real hope of getting one, but since i preordered there as well, i just wanted to see how good my chances are to get one as i had the 16th place.
So i entered the shop, and my first glance cought a Wii, Wii Play, Nunchuck and all release games sitting right on the counter :eek: . A nerdy man and woman (apparently a couple) about 30 years old was talking to the shop owner about how they were the first ones who got a 360 at this shop and how they weregoing to be the first ones to get a PS3 there. So i asked the other salesperson who watched the conversation.
Me: So, you´re selling the Wii already?
Him: Just to people who preordered.
Me: Thought so. So, what number were they?
Him: Numer two. They preordered like a year ago.
Me: Ok, so how many consoles did you get in total?
Him: That was the last one.
Me:
eek.gif
What? you don´t have any more?
Him:Relax. We should get about seven tomorrow morning. Did you preorder?
Me: Yeah. My name is ******.
Him: Ok, that means you´re place sixteen. We already sold two, four cancelled their preorder and this moron who preordered two won´t get one. that makes you place 9. We only have seven consoles though.
Me: :(
Him: We may get another small shipment on monday, so chances are you get one next week. Do you want to buy some Wii games? We shouldn´t sell them today, but who cares...
Me: No thanks, i´d rather wait until i have the console. Bye!

So, since preordering didn´t cost anything, i´ll try to get one at Galeria Kaufhof using the trick i was told. Wish me luck!

lubidog posted on Dec 7 2006 at 10:24 AM said:
I passed through Luton Airport last night, and they had a Wii stand. The funny thing was, none of the public could play it because the people paid to present it were playing it for themselves. They were having such a laugh!

Wish I wasn't poor...

Visiting family for christmas? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova posted on Dec 8 2006 at 04:44 PM said:
lubidog posted on Dec 7 2006 at 10:24 AM said:

Wish I wasn't poor...

Visiting family for christmas? :)

Just for one day...

I dont really understand how you add someone ? I think i have added you iorgy77 ? my wii number thing is
1011 5069 8966 6185

I think ive added everyone here now but im not sure

OK, i have added you now, PokeParadox, Iorgy and cabbages!

Please add me too, my code is 3461 2554 0358 0971. I can´t wait to have some more miis on my Wi, as of now i only have 2 others.

i will add you now fishbong :D

Just wonderin is there a shortage of wii play and remotes and nunchucks where yous live ? I can get quite a few here well only 1 or 2 per customer but i can get other people to go in and get them :p

ive sent my mii but i dont know if yous got it ? haha i just got THB from iorgy :D I also found a mii in the mii parade bit called M Tava ? whered she come from ?

I just thougth id put donkey kong country back on there but its all jumpy and stuttery ? anyone knwo how to fix that ? same with f zero

HAHA! M Tava is my sister... I didnt send her but all my miis are set to travel and mingle I guess...

I have an older lady called Mary who's is that and a younger bird called Leoki she belong to anyone?

Iorgy77 posted on Dec 9 2006 at 03:15 PM said:
HAHA! M Tava is my sister... I didnt send her but all my miis are set to travel and mingle I guess...

I have an older lady called Mary who's is that and a younger bird called Leoki she belong to anyone?

Leoki is my friend Leona :)

Cabbages, don't know why you are getting stuttering... might be something to do with your display settings? I've set my Wii to PAL60...

Back