Who Likes The Wii

darkwave101

Still Fresh
ok just wanted to kno who likes the wii..i do i h8 when u get people saying its crap....i bought it for the gamecube backwards comp..and and im a resident evil fan....
ooh 1 last thing has any one signed the petion to get resi 5 on the wii
sorry i talk to much

who likes the wii?

Yep, I'm happy with my *coughmodchippedcough* wii.
And yes, I have signed the petition, thanks for bringing it to mah atention

The Wii is made of wiin!

I <3 Wii!

Just got GH3 for Wii, and it kicks ass!

SSBB!!! Mario Kart!!! Funness in a can! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

As a certified Retro Gamer™, my Wii love is reserved for Virtual Console... I think it's great that Nintendo's brought so many classic 8 and 16-bit games out for the next generation of gamers to experience. That being said, I think they've completely messed up a number of aspects of VC, like the inability to play VC ROMs from the memory card, and I don't think there's anything in their current Wii library that I would consider a "must-play" game, which probably explains why I haven't bothered to buy one yet.... :p

I don't have a Wii but the new WiiWare game 'LostWinds' looks pretty cool, I hope I can try it out soon :).

I like the wii. After i bought it and the initial enthusiasm ended, i thought it was just something you buy for novelty value and then catches dust. So i stopped playing with it about 4 months after release.

But then some friends came over, remembered that i had one and wanted to play with it. Ever since i´m hooked again.
And with the recent homebrew developments (Twilight exploit, homebrew channel) i see a very bright future for the wii.

I have a Wii, and I think it's a great system that Nintendo are trying as hard as they can to ruin. They shovel shit on it worse than third parties do (Brain Training anyone?), and the occasional gem like RE4, Sonic or Mario Galaxy (even this is overrated) is swallowed by the glut of rubbish like Cooking Mama, Brain Training and Wii Fit.

They're clearly trying to alienate their market by catering solely for grannies, little girls and the hardiest of blind Nintendo fanboys.

That being said, LostWinds does look good, and I'll be downloading it off of wiiware next week when it comes out in the EU, along with FF:CC.

Totally agree with Goity, Nintendo are really sending out the wrong image about the Wii. Well for me anyway. They need to focus on games rather than stupid pieces of novelty software.

Take the Wii balance board, it should be marketed as a game controlling device and be relesed with an A+ game to sell it. Instead they release it as a fucking personal trainer with shitty mini games tacked on. Nintendo really seem to have lost all direction :(.

^... and yet they still manage to sell out on it. Must be doing something right then. I do agree that good games are hard to come by on the Wii. Many of the good games quickly lose their appeal (Mario Kart anyone. I've lost all interest in it.) The only thing stopping me from getting rid of my Wii is Smash Bros. which I should get on Thursday and the hope that Factor 5 will be doing a Kid Icarus game (which seems likely seeing as concept work for it was leaked onto the net last week and has subsequently been said that it is far more advanced than that artwork).

I can understand them wanting to broaden the appeal of games to different people but they are forgetting about the people who have stuck with them, buying their games even when they were bottom of the console sales lists: the Hardcore following.

Ganepark32 said:
^... and yet they still manage to sell out on it.

I can understand them wanting to broaden the appeal of games to different people but they are forgetting about the people who have stuck with them, buying their games even when they were bottom of the console sales lists: the Hardcore following.
You seem to be disagreeing with me and then stating the exact same feelings I have towards them at the minute.

It just feels like they have completely abondoned the traditional gaming market, a lot of their hardware sales is on pure novelty factor, hence the low systems bought to games bought ratio. I think Nintendo are winning the battle in the short term but I do not think this new market is sustainable, especially with the onset of a global recession, Nintendo could find all their new fans unwilling to shell out money for more software/hardware whereas the traditional gaming market will always be there. I hope I am wrong but I think in the long run Nintendo are setting themselves up for a big fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. It's basic micro economic principle that in the long run, companies can adjust plant size or other similar factors. What's going on is, Nintendo thinks that this novelty idea is going to last throughout the years. They have the mentality "well if it works, keep doing it", which isn't wrong by any means, but they're setting themselves up to fall pretty hard on their face. Most people who buy a PS3 know that the good games are guaranteed to be cranking out very soon. Sony and MS are both looking ahead and making the necessary adjustments to increase sales. They're trying to be in tune with their audience. Down the road, we'll be seeing a perfected PS3/360 but a struggling Wii trying to find its identity...

Let me start by saying I am a hardcore gamer - have been litterally since birth. My earilest memories include playing a skiing game on Intellivision. I've owned an Intellivision, Atari 2600, Atari 5200 (yep - as soon as it came out), Atari 7800, NES, SNES, Game Boy (at its launch), N64, Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, GameGear, Xbox (modded), Playstation, PS2, PS2 Slim, PSP Slim (modded), NGage, FC Twin, PS1, GBA, GBA SP, GBMicro (SuperCard), DS, DS Lite (R4DS), and now there's a Wii in the living room. No 360 - no PS3 - just the Wii.

Now, I agree - the appeal of the Wii is not directed to the hard core gamers. The Wii is far less powerful than the 360 or the PS3. In fact, it would be far to say it may not be as powerful as last gen systems. But it is a gaming system.

Here's the thing - it's not about novelty. It's not about grandmas. It's about fun.

When I play Super Smash Bros. Brawl - I have a BLAST. Same for Mario Kart, and Sonic vs. Mario Olympics, and Guitar Hero III. These games, quite frankly, KICK ASS.

I know, GH3 is not exclusive to the Wii. But it's there. And it's fun.

And there are hard core games for the Wii. Twilight Princess, RE4, MP3, SSBB, Manhunt 2, No More Heroes, The Godfather, Disaster... And, of course, hardcore games from the GC are playable - Killer7, MP2, MP, Soulcalibur 2, Rogue Squadron, Twin Snakes, Beyond Good & Evil, Eternal Darkness, etc.

For every Wii Play - there's a MoH Heroes 2 - for every WarioWare - there's a Okami.

And, yes, I called Brawl a hardcore game. Because it is. Forget Sonic and the Ice Climbers for a minute - if it was just people like Snake and Ike and Link (not toon) and Samus and Pit - it would definitely be considered "hard core". So, I don't see why adding Pokemon would change that. It's still just as fun, just as challenging, just as beautiful, just as feature rich, - now only more so.

I do agree that the Wii's appeal is short term. It's been happening in Japan with the DS for awhile now. I've been keeping an eye on the sales figures for the consoles and the PSP has suddenly found its feet again and is outselling the DS by miles. I think even though they are trying to broaden the gaming industry, they are setting themselves up for a fall, as DCGM said. The Wii will look very outdated probably by the end of next year when developers are starting to push the 360 and PS3 to getter heights. Nintendo say the Wii will last 4 years but I'm doubtful it's appeal will even last that long. I know graphics aren't anything but by next year, the Wii's games will be even further behind the competition. Mario Galaxy set a standard for Wii graphics yet I doubt the Wii will be able to do much more than that. Why Nintendo couldn't give use the graphics and the innovation I don't know but it may end up biting them on the arse in the next year or so.

Like many, I do wish they would stop releasing these Brain Training games. They've saturated the market with them already. There on the DS. No need to bring them to the Wii. They are known for creating some of the best games around and yet they seem to want to create these non-games which will sell by the buckle load because people think they will actually do good. It's a shame, really, that they've gone on with this idea of non-games being the to bring people into gaming. The 360 has managed to bring people into gaming with its online structure, something Nintendo should take notice of fast because the FC thing is now becoming a pain in the arse.

^ oh and to the guy above, it is about the novelty. What did you do when you first played the Wii? I'm sure you thought it was a surreal experience which will have been cause by the novelty of using a controller to interact with the game in a realistic way.

Funny story, when I was working in Gamestop, some old timer came in and asked where "the game that increases brain power is". He said he had some memory loss and wanted to fix it :rolleyes:

Way to mislead people with these stupid puzzle titles, ninty ;)

^ lol. That's genious. But seriously though, they have been misleading with the Brain Training games. They say that they can improve your memory and other things but there is not a shred of evidence to it. Even the real Dr. Kawashima says it's not effective at what it does and he never used it.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
I agree. It's basic micro economic principle that in the long run, companies can adjust plant size or other similar factors. What's going on is, Nintendo thinks that this novelty idea is going to last throughout the years. They have the mentality "well if it works, keep doing it", which isn't wrong by any means, but they're setting themselves up to fall pretty hard on their face. Most people who buy a PS3 know that the good games are guaranteed to be cranking out very soon. Sony and MS are both looking ahead and making the necessary adjustments to increase sales. They're trying to be in tune with their audience. Down the road, we'll be seeing a perfected PS3/360 but a struggling Wii trying to find its identity...

Still predicting the fall of Nintendo all these months later eh?

Well forgive me for not paying much attention. Especially, after all the time you and DaveC spent predicting the failure of the DS and Wii.

The Wii already has its identity; an affordable console which caters to EVERYONE. Little girls, old women, hardcore gamers, grown men etc.

The only people it doesn't cater for are adolescent boys, who view 'mature' games as those with as much swearing and violence as possible.

Those games are fine, but so are NMH, SMG, MP3, MK:W, Okami, RE4, PES Playmaker, SSBB, Zelda etc.

Also, the best consoles of their generation always have loads of shite shovelware: the snes, playstation, playstation 2, and now the Wii!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're so predictable, declaration. I saw that you posted in this thread, and I knew it would be a blind fanboy comment, just like everything else from you.

I'm unbiased, by the way. I own all three console. Oh, and just so you know, Okami already exists. It exists on the PS2. I've heard that the wii version is much better! Not. Resident Evil 4 came from the gamecube. Real original there. So there's a petition to get RE:5 on the Wii. Good luck with that. No one wants to see it graphically mutilated. Mario Kart Wii is a bore. I wouldn't waste a penny on that crap.

By the way, the DS is currently being outsold by the PSP in Japan. I guess they've gotten bored of all the amazing games.

Back