Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I already preordered a wii!

• Im not getting any of them

• Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Forgive me for not being a tech head. I meant to say that you need component cables, and if you use the composite that is included with an lcd, it looks like absolute shit.

Here's an article:

http://blogs.ign.com/Hil-IGN/2006/11/11/36713/

I can't believe it honestly. But seriously, if Sony did this, you wouldn't hear the end of it!

that's because you payed 600 dollars
I dont know if you're directing that comment at me, so to clarify, I dont own a ps3.

Regardless, price shouldnt make a difference. It's the principle of the matter, it's completely fucked up

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, the last pages are just sad...

Ya, it's turned into Graphics Whores vs. Nintendo Fanboys

DCGM: You is a general statement, having to pay the extra money for good cables sucks, but 250 dollars isn't that bad to have to tack on an extra 30, even though I don't have 30 to spend right now :D

AND DOES ANYONE KNOW when the next shipment is coming?? It seems as though its classified at stores :(

Very sad indeed. Well I picked up a Wii and I love it. I'm also an eye candy whore. I do 3d Animation for a living so I'm very picky with how the graphics look. However it depends on what it is I'm playing and what the game is striving to achieve. Now when I look at FF or some other crazy eye candy game I sometimes nit pick at the graphics even though I shouldn't. You'd be amazed how many kids will bash something for not looking photo real when I would kill to have my stuff look like that. I have no problem with Wii's graphics because I know that's not what it's about. I know the games will never look like a ps3 and that's fine. If graphics were an issue for me I don't think I would be going back and playing my old Atari, NES, TG-16, SNES, and Genesis/ MD. The thing is those games are just plain fun, and that's what the Wii is about. You know it's got something going for it when my wife (who's gaming consists mainly of Sims and Bejeweled 2) picks up a controller for the first time and starts beating me up at boxing in Wii Sports. It's something different and fresh and definitely not a gimmick.

Ya, it's turned into Graphics Whores vs. Nintendo Fanboys

DCGM: You is a general statement, having to pay the extra money for good cables sucks, but 250 dollars isn't that bad to have to tack on an extra 30, even though I don't have 30 to spend right now :D

AND DOES ANYONE KNOW when the next shipment is coming?? It seems as though its classified at stores :(
Once again I stand corrected. The cables are 90 USD in gamestop, and are sold out just about everywhere. So we're looking at 150 USD or so on ebay.

$400 for a wii- ripoff ;)

Eesh. I'm glad I am waiting. I'll probably get one next year after there is a price drop, or at XMas treat myself IF there is some game to die for by then... which I kinda doubt.

You really would have to be a wiitard to buy them from gamestop at $90.
You can pick them up at Nintendos online store for $28. They ship november 28th.

Once again I stand corrected. The cables are 90 USD in gamestop, and are sold out just about everywhere. So we're looking at 150 USD or so on ebay.

$400 for a wii- ripoff ;)

Wait a sec, how the heck are they $90? They look like $29.99 to me: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802596

This is ridiculous. It's just fucking cables.

What the fuck Nintendo.

Didn't the XBox require a separate purchase of a special remote-control to enable DVD viewing? I'm not sure, so my question is genuine. If so, WTF M$!?!? :lol:
I think that happened too.

What the fuck Microsoft?

What the fuck everyone? Come on.
T'is true, but I believe that was because Microsoft didn't want to pay the DVD license for every unit sold.

Remember when the Wii was supposed to be a DVD player?

It just comes down to what you like about your games. If you like more realistic GFX, ps3. If you like more immersive game play, Wii. I don't even think you can reasonably compare the two systems because they're so diffrent and are geared twords diffrent things. I know I'm gonna get a Wii, but I look at Fall of Man and the new Gran Turismo and shed a little tear thinking about how my new 32" hdtv will go wanting. Just like always, there will be awesome games for both consoles. I think the solution to this problem is to buy both ;)

It just comes down to what you like about your games. If you like more realistic GFX, ps3. If you like more immersive game play, Wii. I don't even think you can reasonably compare the two systems because they're so diffrent and are geared twords diffrent things. I know I'm gonna get a Wii, but I look at Fall of Man and the new Gran Turismo and shed a little tear thinking about how my new 32" hdtv will go wanting. Just like always, there will be awesome games for both consoles. I think the solution to this problem is to buy both ;)

Yeah I will buy both... a 360 and PS3 :p

No more low-res. My Bravia would look like crap with low res. Right now I have the 360 connected through VGA at 1:1 pixel mapping and it is so sharp. I will get a PS3 as soon as I can find one. The Wii will be the first Nintendo console I skip. My last Nintendo console was the Gamecube.

I don't think that you have to flap your arms around like a dork to have "immersive" gameplay, just need good game design.

I don't think that you have to flap your arms around like a dork to have "immersive" gameplay, just need good game design.

20061113.jpg

Not as big as problem as you make it out to be.

Haha, I will admit that I'm really dissapointed about the 480p, but not the gfx. I'm staisfied with how things are looking right now and I'm actually pretty excited to see how much better games will start looking. As time goes on, games for just about all consoles start looking better and better. I never would have thought I'd see something as pretty as Resident Evil 4 on the GC. Man, I can't even imagine how brilliant PS3 games are gonna be looking by the end of this gen.

Back