Will It Ever Come Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaGaIn

Still Fresh
Will the pandora ever come out? Looking at openpandora.org I see nothing but a poorly designed website. Is there a release date? Are there even plans to make it?

MaGaIn said:
Will the pandora ever come out? Looking at openpandora.org I see nothing but a poorly designed website. Is there a release date? Are there even plans to make it?
It was released 2 weeks ago, please read the forums and do a proper search in future.

Last edited by a moderator:
icurafu said:
And remember; android Hell is a real place, and you will be sent there at the first sign of defiance.
Hahahahahahaa.
That's going to turn into a classic line.
Just a few days ago, my friend wrote that quote on the teacher's board. Tops all the other ones on there.

well no shit. It's not out yet and a release date has not officially been announced. That is because false promises shall not be made. The prediction for a release is Q1 2008. So if we are lucky it might be this spring. It seems that there are a few devs with testing hardware, one of them is Squidge who has been running some code on it already.

MaGaIn said:
Any criticism of Pandora or anything surrounding it, no matter how constructive, no matter how slight, will lead to rude disrespectful replies. You will learn that if you hang out here long enough. I've given up trying to have any kind of real discussion about the Pandora around here.

It is the greatest handheld machine ever conceived. It is flawless and meets the needs of everyone and if you don't like it, it's because you are stupid, jealous, misinformed...

Chris

christo930 said:
Any criticism of Pandora or anything surrounding it, no matter how constructive, no matter how slight, will lead to rude disrespectful replies. You will learn that if you hang out here long enough. I've given up trying to have any kind of real discussion about the Pandora around here.

It is the greatest handheld machine ever conceived. It is flawless and meets the needs of everyone and if you don't like it, it's because you are stupid, jealous, misinformed...

Chris
Umm, that about covers it. Now we wait. :D

If it doesn't, then why should you care? Also... *points out recent topic in LOL Files*

christo930 said:

That's a pretty good point.

But seriously, I've pointed out the things I dislike about the design and hardware, and never got flamed. You just have to know how to explain an opinion without using so many negative emotives. You're not a NY Times journalist. This isn't Middle school Mass Debating. It's the internet.

Ofcourse it works both ways. Fanboys attacking rationalist. But I wouldn't call this thread a constuctive of a a rationalist.

@christo930: seriously, I am tired of people coming on here and starting topics that have been covered millions of times before just because they need to tell everyone how sceptical they are. It has been said before that there is no release date as of yet for good reasons (like not wanting the same idiots ranting about how they were cheated by everyone responsible for not getting their precious console on time of the release date when something happens that keeps it from being released). What is it with all the people thinking we are mindless fanbois who will crush criticism? It's not that you have to celebrate every bit of information about the pandora to be accepted here. Criticism, well constructive criticism is welcomed here.

Blah blah blah "I am a victim of fascist free speech hating nerds because my topic 'Pandora is a worthless piece of shit and a scam' was closed"... I am just tired of it and I am sure everyone else is. Stop pretending you are a victim of a vicious conspiracy.

It is a well known fact that there are no real prototypes as of yet. Nothing to be shown to the general public. The website is not even finished as you surprisingly noticed yourself. If you want information, read the threads on this forum or have a look here: pandora.bluwiki.org

If there is no device to show off, just conceptual designs and bulk hardware, why promise a date the device might be released to people who will scream "vapourware" at first sight of a new device? Why even risk losing your integrity like that? That would just be plain dumb. If people would read more of the information on here, maybe stupid questions wouldn't be asked and people wouldn't react so annoyed.

@MaGain: Sorry for being sarcastic, it's just that we have seen too many threads by trolls trying to flame and bash a product we all anticipate and take part of in this community that does not even exist in a final state. People tend to be a little on edge lately as there has been numerous occasions where reason would just not be a solution.

Hey guys it's another MaGaIn hate thread, hooray :D

I wonder if this one will end up shipped to the LOL Files too.

christo930 said:
MaGaIn said:
Any criticism of Pandora or anything surrounding it, no matter how constructive, no matter how slight, will lead to rude disrespectful replies.

How was what he said constructive?

MaGaIn: these people are lying. The processor was changed to a 206MHZ ARM StrongArm SA1101, the screen was scaled down (and no longer has touch capabilities), the memory was reduced to 32MB of EDO, and you're limited to the 8MB of internal memory.

The price was increased to $999 to increase profits. George (the new project head, since Craig got eaten by an anaconda) thinks that since it worked for the iPhone, it'll work for us.

dont forget, it will also include this built in, which wont increase prices more than 1usd

24079.jpg

xnopasaranx said:
Blah blah blah "I am a victim of fascist free speech hating nerds because my topic 'Pandora is a worthless piece of shit and a scam' was closed"... I am just tired of it and I am sure everyone else is. Stop pretending you are a victim of a vicious conspiracy.

It is a well known fact that there are no real prototypes as of yet. Nothing to be shown to the general public. The website is not even finished as you surprisingly noticed yourself.
I think that at the same time with Pandora's release will be announced(or even released) device(>1) that has better desing and more neat to the gp2x community. Like what gp2x did to that palm's zaurus.

These with "feed the craig"project shall rot then as well as their fanboys...

christo930 said:

That's more true of gp2x discussion before pandora was announced, when no one wanted you to say bad things about the 2x because if you do it might scare away developers and dry up the flow of emulator updates.... now aw lot of people have criticism of pandora's design but there is a growing pervasive mentality that if you aren't 'a believer' you are 'against the pandora movement'. A subversive, invasive element that must be eradicated, like a rampant pathogen that left unchecked would spoil the glory that is pandora. These invading forces are known by many names, including "DS fanboy", "PSP fanboy", "Gizmondo fanboy", "Zaurus Fanboy", "PC fanboy", "EEE pc fanboy" and "Laptop fanboy". There is no darker force in the gp32x world than someone dissatisfied with an open source product...

That said I'll buy Pandora if it's a good device to a real consumer and not a nerd who is willing to forego lots of problems in the name of 'open source' hardware that may or may not be really really shitty. It's a handheld though and not a religion....

some people here could do to remember that.

Stealth Bagel said:
That's more true of gp2x discussion before pandora was announced, when no one wanted you to say bad things about the 2x because if you do it might scare away developers and dry up the flow of emulator updates.... now aw lot of people have criticism of pandora's design but there is a growing pervasive mentality that if you aren't 'a believer' you are 'against the pandora movement'. A subversive, invasive element that must be eradicated, like a rampant pathogen that left unchecked would spoil the glory that is pandora. These invading forces are known by many names, including "DS fanboy", "PSP fanboy", "Gizmondo fanboy", "Zaurus Fanboy", "PC fanboy", "EEE pc fanboy" and "Laptop fanboy". There is no darker force in the gp32x world than someone dissatisfied with an open source product...

That said I'll buy Pandora if it's a good device to a real consumer and not a nerd who is willing to forego lots of problems in the name of 'open source' hardware that may or may not be really really shitty. It's a handheld though and not a religion....

some people here could do to remember that.
Not to be rude, but the majority of us aren't acting like you described. Especially in this specific instance. All of the people responding in what could be considered a hostile way seem to be aware of his previous topic. They are assuming (probably correctly) that there is a troll in the midst. So their posts reflect the frustration at the complete lack of logic displayed in the topic previously mentioned to be in the LOL files.

But it does seem rather extreme when viewed in a vacuum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back