Will The Pandora Be Able To Run Flash Games?

sirnobody

Still Fresh
Do you think it would be able to play flash games (like online ones) because that would be awesome. Also would there be any possibility of it EVER (as in hardware wise) of playing flash games or no chance?

Short answer is probably. A thread title search for "flash" will yield some discussion on the topic. :)

Also, you've posted in the wrong forum. A mod will move it for you though.

a search for something like "flash games" should get some good results. i believe there's going to be flash support for the nokia 900, which has similar hardware to the pandora, so it's likely, in the future.

Xian Long said:
a search for something like "flash games" should get some good results. i believe there's going to be flash support for the nokia 900, which has similar hardware to the pandora, so it's likely, in the future.

That and a recent thing from Adobe saying they want to make it work on everything

Last edited by a moderator:
Try playing the game with gnash or swfdec. If any of them works, the game will probably work on Pandora as well (except if it requires too much CPU power, which should be rare for flash games). If it requires adobe flash, it will probably not work. There is no guarantee, or aeven a good reason to believe that Adobe's flash for ARM will be available or will work on Pandora.

aq21 said:
Try playing the game with gnash or swfdec. If any of them works, the game will probably work on Pandora as well (except if it requires too much CPU power, which should be rare for flash games). If it requires adobe flash, it will probably not work. There is no guarantee, or aeven a good reason to believe that Adobe's flash for ARM will be available or will work on Pandora.

I thought they had already said they were bring out an ARM version, with so many potable internet ready devices getting ARM in them, it's really not surprising. When Pandora will be able to get access to it is another matter.

Julius said:
http://machinarium.com/

Would be a really interesting flash game then ;)

Thanks for that link, what a brilliant game! I might just buy the full version. Kinda reminds me of a mix between Dark Seed and Beneath a steel sky. Through playing it I also found Samorost and Samorost 2 by the same designers.

This ones worth a mention too, really original gameplay and pretty atmospheric. Closure

Now i'm really hoping we eventually get good flash support :)

my guess is that Adobe wants to make flash work on the iPhone. The 3GS runs the same type of ARM as the Pandora. Just thought i'd point that out...

the 3GS does not run Linux.
In the same way that the Windows version of Flash doesn't run on x86 Linux, so too is it unlikely the iPhone version of Flash will run on ARM linux.

Problem with 3gs is not architecture. Apple does not want it.
As for pandora I suspect that it will get easier in the future as Adobe is opensourcing alot now and removing licenses

Adobe has announced that they are bringing full Flash 10.1 to Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Google Android, Palm WebOS, and Symbian phones. (source)

I remember hearing that 10.1 will be in the Ubuntu 9.10 ARM repositories as well at some point, but I can't find a source for that.

Oh, and the iPhone was specifically asked about and Adobe stated that they have not entered into any agreements with Apple. Sounds like Apple doesn't want anything to do with Flash 10.1 on the iPhone currently.

Hopefully the Pandora can get up to the n900's Flash, there was a video of someone playing a desktop tower defense game on it(flash), looked pretty good. :)

Tensuke said:
Hopefully the Pandora can get up to the n900's Flash, there was a video of someone playing a desktop tower defense game on it(flash), looked pretty good. :)
The N900's flash plugin should be binary compatible with the Pandora's OS/compiler, so I don't see why you wouldn't just be able to copy the plugin over from a N900.

Enverex said:
Gecko.jsc said:
So, will PowerCursor work on the Pandora? *stylus flies out of hand*

If the Pandora has a working version of Flash that site needs then yes, just like any other Flash program.
PowerCursor is so overrated btw. It doesn't really improve an UI that much, it really screws up your cursor when you leave the applet, and nobody uses it that I know of.

Back