Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
jakshep2 said:
Username said:
mali said:
It's called "Trainspotting", not "Trainspotters". Great movie BTW
My bad. I'm not even sure how I can turn 'my bad' into txt speak.

Mybd.

What!? Nobody uses "y"s and "i"s in the right place in txt speak!

Mi bd lyk et wez totli mi folt eye lft da dog on da hotplait

2375571206_10199eaeba.jpg

Fail?

Last edited by a moderator:
atomicthumbs vishi nem to sabendo que ce ta dizendo ai cara po clariar um po pra gente?

.. ahem that would be Portuguese that no software known to man could translate XD

rough translation:
atomicthumbs [untranslatable exlamation] I ain't uderstanding what ur sayin man cudja clear it upabit for tha crowd (gente is a bit hard to translate)

and the correct protugese version:
atomicthumbs, eu nao estou entendendo o que voce tem escrito. pro favor, seria possivel trasduzir para nos?

aaron11193 said:
jakshep2 said:
Username said:
mali said:

Mybd.

Fail?

2dcc12v.jpg

fail?

PoisonedV said:
aaron11193 said:
jakshep2 said:
Username said:
mali said:

Mybd.

Fail?

2dcc12v.jpg

fail?

envelope1.jpg

Mail?

daclassicgamingmaster said:
This is different from just not capitalizing sentences or leaving the final period out because you're too lazy. These are major grammatical errors which you are doing unintentionally because you don't know proper English. You're embarrassing yourself.
Whatever, the sentances still make sense and I am more careful with my writing in exams and essays and such. I've never had any complaints related to my grammar there.

Yes, I also don't do particularly well at English but clearly you don't understand how terrible the English a good 60% of the people my age is in Britain nowadays. I have seen people write "Great Expectations" essays in 'txt talk'.

jakshep2 said:
Peter R said:
Just wondering as DCGM seems to be very excited and egged on by people having incorrect grammatical understanding. Does anyone care and does it make a difference?
lol, on the poll you spelled grammar wrong.

Pff, like you have the right to point out that I have made a typo :rolleyes: .

Peter R said:
Whatever, the sentances still make sense and I am more careful with my writing in exams and essays and such. I've never had any complaints related to my grammar there.

:rolleyes:

Would you like a bigger spade?

Peter R said:
I have seen people write "Great Expectations" essays in 'txt talk'.
No you haven't.

Please say you are lying.

Nope, was in a GCSE lesson. Girl handed in an essay on the deadline for submission entirely written in "txt talk".

TaG said:
Peter R said:

:rolleyes:

Would you like a bigger spade?

Ummm.... you are quoting a post where I freely admit that my English isn't great :rolleyes: . I apologise that I do not go home each night and read the dictionary for a minimum of 4 hours to allow me to memorise the spelling of every single word in it.

Edit: Plus that was about my grammar. Writing "sentance" instead of "sentence" is not a grammatical mistake.... I don't think. Then again I don't particularly care. I have never really cared much for English and am much more of a mathematics and science person.

last week I covered a GCSE maths lesson at a local college and the kids couldn't tell the time - they will become English teachers

pubzombie said:
last week I covered a GCSE maths lesson at a local college and the kids couldn't tell the time - they will become English teachers
My stats teacher was complaining about having to actually take time out of the syllabus to teach people to read the time of a clock.

For me, poor spelling and grammar annoys me wherever it is. I'm not so much of a Nazi that I insist that people use full stops and capital letters in IM conversation (although I do use them myself, it's a habit) but it still gets on my nerves when people use 'u', 'ur', etc. People who defend this tend to say "if you can understand it, who cares?" (except they usually say it with fewer vowels than that) - to which I say bollocks. Language is not something to be thrown around, hung, drawn and quartered; language is art. A well-constructed post with spelling or grammatical errors is like an artwork carelessly splattered with ink - you can still tell what it's a picture of but it's not pleasant to see.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

if you follow marxist theory to its ultimate conclusion the begining of the end of the world as we know will be brought about by the collapse of finance captalism. if that house of cards collapses then some twat could well push a button. Lets give loads of our money to the banks interest free, without asking them to let us inspect their trading practicese, so they can keep lending it to us and charging us interest. Hmmm yes Gordon Brown you are the saviour of our universe. Cant find such practices in the user guide to capitalism. seems more like a bastardised version of communism where the banks own us but we pay for them and own diddleysquat. I think somehow until we come up with an alternative the problem is not going to go away.
i think there is more to worry about than the written word at the moment.

pubzombie said:
if you follow marxist theory to its ultimate conclusion the begining of the end of the world as we know will be brought about by the collapse of finance captalism. if that house of cards collapses then some twat could well push a button. Lets give loads of our money to the banks interest free, without asking them to let us inspect their trading practicese, so they can keep lending it to us and charging us interest. Hmmm yes Gordon Brown you are the saviour of our universe. Cant find such practices in the user guide to capitalism. seems more like a bastardised version of communism where the banks own us but we pay for them and own diddleysquat. I think somehow until we come up with an alternative the problem is not going to go away.
i think there is more to worry about than the written word at the moment.
Good thing that this thread is entirely not about that then, eh?

Mark1970 said:
There are so many non-native speakers on the web that bad grammar can't be avoided. I am one of those non-native speakers who tend to use spelling checkers just about all the time.
You can usually tell when a person is a non-native speaker. Quasist, obviously, is an extreme example, but you get my point. There's a difference between making mistakes with a second language and just being either inconsiderate or stupid.

I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I thank you for being considerate enough to bother checking your spelling. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back