Will You Buy It Now?

Karel Jansens said:
I get it that sarcasm, even the light variety, is quite an alien concept to you?
I hardly see that statement as being sarcastic. It's just plain illogical and doesn't seem to be directed at anyone or anything in particular. Admittedly, I haven't read the last few pages of postings on this thread... but reading it once again, I don't see any sarcasm there. *shrugs*

Last edited by a moderator:
i think i'll not buy it, i've all the gp2x versions (f100 first edition, f100 mk2 and f200) so i think i could be a power user. but the design is awful and i think it will be teh crappiness to use.
And second, i don't need an high power machine with that shape, i've a laptop if i want to sit somewhere to play or code.

quartercast said:
Karel Jansens said:
I get it that sarcasm, even the light variety, is quite an alien concept to you?
I hardly see that statement as being sarcastic. It's just plain illogical and doesn't seem to be directed at anyone or anything in particular. Admittedly, I haven't read the last few pages of postings on this thread... but reading it once again, I don't see any sarcasm there. *shrugs*

Hey, it was just supposed to be a funny way to answer to the topic's title. I'm so excited right now about the Pandora I wanted to say that not only I will buy but also I can't wait for it. See it as a way of saying that craigix & cie are a bit sadistic teasing us that much about the Pandora.

(edit : btw, what I did is called irony, not sarcasm. It's a bit too metallic.)

Magnulus said:
I found it quite witty, in fact.

Then again, most of my comedy influences are British.
I don't know. I don't find people spewing rotten teeth and bread crumbs on me to be very witty. But then again, I am American (oh no he didn't, girlfriend). :eek: :lol: :ph34r: ;)

(what were we talking about again, folks?)

quartercast said:
Does anyone else get the feeling that this forum is a magnet for plonkers? Seriously, what an absolute plonker. If I bought you a book on common sense, you would probably stick your head in it and slam it shut, 50 times.
The fuck is a 'plonker' and how is that differentiated from a 'wanker'?.... I also need 'lovely jubbly' explained to me. Jubbly is a word I think of when I give Dead or Alive 3's breast physics any serious consideration.

Stealth Bagel said:
I also need 'lovely jubbly' explained to me. Jubbly is a word I think of when I give Dead or Alive 3's breast physics any serious consideration.
Oooorrrr, you know... Lovely JOVELY. It's just a jovial way of saying "lovely".

Count me in for *THREE* of these Pandora's when they're available, and I for sure will be writing apps for it, its just so damned lovely .. love the design, love the specs, and I'm very excited about it being released. Come on Craigix, give us some news one of these days won't you!

Seems MWeston is the one doing all the hardware design (from the inside anyway) and providing all the useful info. Craig is probably just doing marketing for the most part.

Stealth Bagel said:
Seems MWeston is the one doing all the hardware design (from the inside anyway) and providing all the useful info. Craig is probably just doing marketing for the most part.
Of course, I don't KNOW this, but I would assume that you're right about MWeston designing it but that Craig is also the one contacting and negotiating with suppliers of hardware parts and the like aside from the marketing.

'Tis so funny to see all these other companies try to get in on the mobility/UMPC/etc thing when I think about what kinds of developer communities they'll have compared to this one. :D

I have to admit, I was totally with the Pandora back when it went by a million other names and looked, basically, like a GP2X with a slide-out keyboard. I'm just not a fan of the UMPC-type look. Also, the price is sneering at my bank account ( but that's no ones fault but mine).

I have to warn you that I am extremely disappointed by the way things are turning, I hate that way you have of getting me excited about the product without selling any. Therefore, I have decided to boycott the Pandora.

Please not that I WON'T BUY THE PANDORA until pre-order are available. Then, and then only, I will pre-order/buy one.

This is definitive. I'm sorry I have to go to such radical decision, but you left me no choice.

This is one of the funniest :lol: things I ever read on the net. Thanx for writing it!!

How could anyone get you wrong!?! How could anyone think that your boycott is serious? How is it possible to boycott a product by not buying it at a time when it is not sold? The important word in here was "until". Means: the boycott of not buying lasts as long as the product is NOT available and ends when it is going to be shipped. Such a boycott must have an great effect on any company.

So regarding the boycott - I'm down.

And please go on writing things like this - you are a real comedian (and hopefully your jokes must not to be explained in the future - it's debaseing them.)

HanDuo said:
I have to warn you that I am extremely disappointed by the way things are turning, I hate that way you have of getting me excited about the product without selling any. Therefore, I have decided to boycott the Pandora.

Please not that I WON'T BUY THE PANDORA until pre-order are available. Then, and then only, I will pre-order/buy one.

This is definitive. I'm sorry I have to go to such radical decision, but you left me no choice.
This is one of the funniest :lol: things I ever read on the net. Thanx for writing it!!

How could anyone get you wrong!?! How could anyone think that your boycott is serious? How is it possible to boycott a product by not buying it at a time when it is not sold? The important word in here was "until". Means: the boycott of not buying lasts as long as the product is NOT available and ends when it is going to be shipped. Such a boycott must have an great effect on any company.

And please go on writing things like this - you are a real comedian (and hopefully your jokes must not to be explained in the future - it's debaseing them.)

Absolutely true!

lubidog said:
HanDuo said:

Absolutely true!

Well, I excuse myself of not getting that "joke" on the grounds that it was so lame, and also because this board has its fair share of ridiculous (and serious!) posters. But if you want to continue on with your suckjob, please, be my guest! I will just watch.

quartercast said:
Well, I excuse myself of not getting that "joke" on the grounds that it was so lame, and also because this board has its fair share of ridiculous (and serious!) posters. But if you want to continue on with your suckjob, please, be my guest! I will just watch.
Simply not getting a joke is insufficient grounds to claim that it is lame. The Office is considered to have advanced the position of comedy as a show, and is generally recognised as true genius by most people I know. Yet the number of things I find funny in any one episode could be enumerated in a single bit of binary. That does not make it lame - it just means I don't get it.

Same could be said for Best in Show, or The Mighty Boosh. And debatably for Little Britain, although I must say I have a hard time considering that to be a good show despite how everyone else views it. In my opinion (and I stress the subjective nature of this) it is, in fact, Lame, but I'm willing to admit that (for some reason or other that I just can't comprehend) others won't think of it as such.

On a philosophical level, I wonder what it is about attempted comedy that renders it objectively funny or lame respectively? Is such a judgement even possible? Hmm...

Back