Windows 8 ARM on Pandora

Yup, just like Android / iOS devices - they have usually lock systems to prevent installation of other systems.
Completely different situations and solutions. Apple is the only manufacturer of iOS devices and there is nothing about Android itself that would prevent you from installing different operating systems, it's the device manufacturers that make this choice, and it's always a software problem anyway: you can still install different systems on both your iPhone and Android phone if you have the instructions.

Microsoft has put into its contract that if a manufacturer wants to have Windows 8 on their device then it must include certain lock downs that completely prevent the installation of other systems, hardware locks which would not be easy to work around if they can be broken at all.

Why is every second version of windows useless?
It's not every second version but close enough I guess. Conspiracy theory suggests that they do it intentionally to get people to upgrade faster. They license support for only the last two versions of Windows, so if one of them sucks people are more likely to use the other one, and will skip an upgrade to get the most recent (good) one if the other sucks.

on my pandora hell no lol, only reason i might have it on my home pc is because they said to have added scheduling for my 8 core cpu so maybe i can use it's full potential

I wish .

Only because of Microsoft office and this stupid font my school requires for all major projects .

I dont think using Office on a device as small as Pandora would be very productive. It's clearly a desktop application.
Well , yes but I would probably just use the Microsoft office part .

I don't understand your answer :)
Well you see the only thing I use window's almost exclusively for Microsoft office and why I use Microsoft office is for school work .

There is no Windows for ARM, this is vaporware.
The windows kernel have been though to support multiple architecture from it's early start. (think windows on Alpha).

And beside the winmo OS, an ARM port of windows exist since a while. MS started to think about selling that for win8

I wish .

Only because of Microsoft office and this stupid font my school requires for all major projects .

I dont think using Office on a device as small as Pandora would be very productive. It's clearly a desktop application.

[clarification by Binky: Microsoft office is designed for desktop computers, and would be slow&uncomfortable to use on a handheld like the pandora]
Well , yes but I would probably just use the Microsoft office part .

I don't understand your answer :)
Well you see the only thing I use window's almost exclusively for Microsoft office and why I use Microsoft office is for school work .

ekanjo was saying Microsoft Office on the pandora would not be comfortable to use

I wish .

You don't need Microsoft Office for that. Just copy the font onto your GNU/Linux PC (including Pandora) and you should be able to use it with your word processing software. Of course, be mindful of whatever stupid EULA you might have signed related to these fonts.

If the font is a common one (e.g. Ariel, Times New Roman, or Courier), your teachers will probably also be fine with you using a free font replacement for it (which is exactly the same in terms of size as the one they ask for); schools where I live, for example, tend to require Times New Roman, but at least in high school, my teachers were fine with me using a free replacement for Times New Roman (Liberation Serif, in my case).

There is no Windows for ARM, this is vaporware.
The windows kernel have been though to support multiple architecture from it's early start. (think windows on Alpha).

And beside the winmo OS, an ARM port of windows exist since a while. MS started to think about selling that for win8
Technically speaking, m$ was always, and is still a very bad company.

Running a little piece of kernel code is vaporware.

I wish .

You don't need Microsoft Office for that. Just copy the font onto your GNU/Linux PC (including Pandora) and you should be able to use it with your word processing software. Of course, be mindful of whatever stupid EULA you might have signed related to these fonts.

If the font is a common one (e.g. Ariel, Times New Roman, or Courier), your teachers will probably also be fine with you using a free font replacement for it (which is exactly the same in terms of size as the one they ask for); schools where I live, for example, tend to require Times New Roman, but at least in high school, my teachers were fine with me using a free replacement for Times New Roman (Liberation Serif, in my case).
Thank you , that will be EXTREMLY handy in about a week .

@ Binky thanks I can be rather socially inept . Did I spell inept wrong ?

the question is : why windows 8 on pandora?

Pandora OS and Android or other linux distro are ok, but windows for mobile for me still sucks like windows ce

Back