Wine 1.6RC1 Slackware 14 + newer Video + Download

Thats right Ptitseb,Step by Step ;)

And maybe it open a Door to manyyy Windows Applications who dont need 3D or Acceleration.

You wanted Skype or other Messangers?

Applications who are Windows X86 only?

Someone called Bible Reader Apps or Irvan View on the Pandora ^_^

Not only Games.....

....and Wine support your Touchscreen too ;)
Did you try Skype?

Not yet tried,i am building from a new installation actual Qemu first.
Now i am compiling the Depencies for the newest GTK+ and
I compiled Scrollkeeper and GTK-Doc for newest stable Pangoo.
Must do the Same with many other Depencies for the other needed GTK+ Libs&Versions ;)
Then compile Qemu,then start i with native compiling Wine on the Pandora but for X86 Target.

Skype is good Idea but my SD System from the Video deleted i for recompile all on the Pandora
and run then ;)
But when you install Slackware on SD and the Files with the howto from there,can you test it at your Home too ^_^ http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=17391&p=80920
(but this is the very slow Variant,have Ubuntu Libs and are not realy Compiled for ArmV7)
I am working on it and when i have more Results will i share the entire WineSlackware14System with you all ;)

Edit:little Update:
I managed to compile scrollkeeper,libatk,gdkpixbuf,fontconfig,libxft,pangoo,gtk-doc,glib2.34 and others...
...now i must go to work...
..this Evening try i to compile the newest stable gtk+ and i need the latest Version of libatkbridge,have anyone a good link?
My feelings say me that libatkbridge was ever fault that newer Qemu Versions did not work right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little Update,i got the actual GTK+ and Qemu compiled and unfortunaly runs Qemu not fine again but i will try Qemu User Emulation on Wine.

Wine is actualy Compiling on my Pandora for X86 Target while i work.

This Wine what i Compile recommend me but dont need realy
To compile openCL,OSS newer Version,Newer OpenAL but first i will try that so and when it work compile i all other things what Wine recommend but not realy need.

I am curious because compile it finish until i come Home or break the compiling somewhere.
Will Report laaately Evening today :)

Here the Report:

Wine Compiled and starts fine,but after a while i found out that i did build WineArm ^_^

The compile Command --target=i386 did not work,but will try more next Days ^_^

Update:

Finaly Finaly solved the Problem in Qemu,now work Qemu 1.5.50 Fine on the Pandora.

I compiled it with the Option --without-gtk (funny then i compiled the whole GTK for Qemu :lol: )

But Strange,DRDOS is not Combatible but Freedos Images work fine :blink:

Its a little slower than the old Qemu Version but maybe with Wine from X86 more combatible ;)

And i compiled the latest OSS Version for Wine Compiling again ;)

Here a Little Video with Qemu 1.5.50 in action working:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BRi4mZC5E1c?feature=oembed
(is Uploading)

^that video can't upload fast enough.. I'm hoping good things will come from this project.

Nice !

If it's possible, you should compare two identical programs, under 95, and under wine.

I'm curious to see the difference.

Set the cpu speed down to notice a slowdown.

Kind of unfortunate that it's running a little slower (not that I noticed, but if you say so), but if you can get it running in usermode then it should be superior. Not just wine, I'm also thinking about x86 Linux applications that are either closed source or difficult to port. Depending on how far along Lunixbochs' libgl has come, this may even enable us to play older OpenGL games that can't be ported for one reason or another. That's pretty pie-in-the-sky though maybe, baby steps :)

edit: specifically I'm thinking of Half Life, just to start getting people's hopes and dreams up ;)

yep,after i saw aliens vs predator on my pandora..i think that the sky's the limit.

on a side note:ingo,do you think it could be possible to make a pnd with an interface similar to qemu,where we choose our folder with a winwdows .exe executable and it automatically gets "converted" with wine?

And Yesterday was it again,i compiled the wrong Software and now is the entire System with mega Slowdowns,

but i will build it new(just a few Things) from my Backup.

a PND?

I dont have the knowledge and its too complicated for me.

Maybe i can modify the Gui from the Pandora Qemu Project,

but it hangs ever on Startscripts and this strange PXML System(I fear this complicated PXML System)

But what i can is Upload it as a IMZ Image for your SD Cards or a RootFS tar.gz when you want it now.

Its realy realy unfinished,but when anyone want to play with that,can i make these Days a RootFS for you ^_^

Maybe if lots of people like it you might find someone who helps you and makes the PND for you :) .

I'd say give the pnd system a try. PXML is really simple. Just have a look at some examples.

The Qemu gui is written with gtkdialog. I't XML and bashscript only. Nothing fancy and easy to learn :)

Next Week i have holiday and when my Girlfriend is working give it a biiiig Try :)
Maybe i can copy the Files needed from the Slackware System for the Pandora OS PND and everytime when i start the in Slackware compiled Binary will it ask for needed Files.
The needed Files copy i from Slackware then.
It should be no Problem then the Architecture is ARMV7 too :)

I saw a Software like a PXML Creator,maybe i can use this under Windows (a PND maker existiert for Windows too)

In the Past tried i to change Options in the Qemu PND but ever fail.
I wanted example to Add a Real CDRom Drive Function or more starting Options.
What for a Software do you recommend to change this GTKDialog Files?

Yes the Gras in my Garden is lower(many in Garden worked),Girlfriends Birthday survived,many Visitors,

Driver Problems,Trojan Problems,defective TV Cards,wrong cable AV Adapter and and and...

...but not enough Time now for any News here in this Thread,but i have

next 2 Weeks Holiday too,i will find Time for this Important Project ^_^

(Little News is that Ekanjo have now a German Version of a Qemu Article for Pandora Live ;)

He will Translate is because there are so many Words i dont Know ^_^ )

Hey exactly on this Thread orientate i me ^_^

This is what i want to make,but first the newer Qemu Version finish ;)

Back