Wine On Android Starts Allowing Windows Binaries On Android/ARM.

I just hope the Pyra will allow to play Half-Life, Sin, Heretic 2, Unreal and so on with this method.

There are a couple of Windows games that I would be extremely happy if I could get running on Pyra in any playable fashion. I kinda doubt I will get either.
Which ones?
I would love to be able to play La-Mulana on my Pandora. I really really REALLY hope this becomes possible on the Pyra. La-Mulana doesn't require much power either. I am sure there is some way to get it running on the Pandora...
La Mulana sounds realy possible to get it run on the Pandora over Qemu.
Needs 166MHZ and DX7.We can Emulating @max Diablo2 nearly nearly Playable and this Game need much more Power. ;)

For Halflife and maybe RPGMakerGames is maybe the Dos HX Extender Project interresting.

It can run some Grafical Windows Games in Dos.

Wine and 3D Support would be great for Descent3 or X Beyond the Frontier on the Pandora ;)

I would love to be able to play La-Mulana on my Pandora. I really really REALLY hope this becomes possible on the Pyra. La-Mulana doesn't require much power either. I am sure there is some way to get it running on the Pandora...
Unfortunately the original doesn't work under wine because of unimplemented dmusic, otherwise it would have been good target for static recompilation because main .exe is small with little dependencies. The remake apparently depends on direct3d9, which is also a problem.

Unfortunately the original doesn't work under wine because of unimplemented dmusic, otherwise it would have been good target for static recompilation because main .exe is small with little dependencies. The remake apparently depends on direct3d9, which is also a problem.

glshim's to the point where I'm officially back on QEMU/WINE. direct draw and d3d support is my first priority.
Thanks guys so much for the response. This shows that I have so much more to learn when it comes to this stuff. I always feel so lost but it is always you guys who are teaching me new things. Unfortunately I am not very talented with Qemu and everytime I tried running something on it I seem to mess up somewhere. Well hopefully someday La-Mulana will be playable on a handheld that is not the "SteamBoy" which I have no interest in. I love La-Mulana and would love to play it on the go.

glshim's to the point where I'm officially back on QEMU/WINE. direct draw and d3d support is my first priority.
What is the deal with this? I do not use Linux so don't know much about WINE, but my understanding is WINE will run DX games on a x86 PC, translating calls to OpenGL and didn't you previously do a test where you used your glshim to make the GL -> GLES work? I am just curious what the current state of affairs are and what your next steps are (this is just purely out of developer curiosity).

What is the deal with this? I do not use Linux so don't know much about WINE, but my understanding is WINE will run DX games on a x86 PC, translating calls to OpenGL and didn't you previously do a test where you used your glshim to make the GL -> GLES work? I am just curious what the current state of affairs are and what your next steps are (this is just purely out of developer curiosity).
I previously did a test. It didn't work very well and I dropped it for a while. I've done so many things to glshim now I can justify going back to working on WINE again :)

Fantastic, this is exciting news. Will be very interesting to see what the performance is like and where the bottlenecks are on some appropriate games.

I believe you also looked at using hardware floating point (rather than uses int maths to n software) but found numerous issues, is that now a dead end or has anything changed that might help here (I seem to recall someone saying the float emulation is one of the bottlenecks at the moment).

I posted a very hacky native floating point QEMU build and got about twice the speed. I have another project on my roadmap to replace QEMU's dynarec with one that's actually fast at math

I would love to see the linux version of Heretic 2 running on the Pandora with OpenGL passthrough.

Should be easier as it doesn't need the added wine layer.

Anybody tried it already?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see the linux version of Heretic 2 running on the Pandora with OpenGL passthrough.

How old the version of glib libraries needed for it to run, I'm having issues running it on an x86 desktop..  you need some hacky tricks: http://www.freelink.cx/hereticii.html

Heretic 2.. I remember playing that many years ago, also this early render by WarmFluffyUK from gp32x:

800px-Fluffy16.jpg

The game itself doesn't seem to be available for download-purchase, not on steam or gog, strange..

It's in my QEMU/WINE test folder. It doesn't like our X server so I'll either need to "crack" the binary to work (and my initial attempt was unsuccessful) or write a shim that fixes whatever is wrong. The Loki version comes with the Heretic 2 demo I think, so you can at least test it without the real thing.

I still have the CD. It was one of my favorite games back in the day. Too bad that the xserver doesn't want to play along.

When I saw those old renders I thought I was in heaven as playing this game on a mobile device would be great.

Edit: Would it work if you run it on the framebuffer directly like with LIBGL_FB=1?

That just fixes problems with the X11 SGX driver, not with games. The game still tries to open an X11 window and use some weird extensions.

The demo installed from original Loki heretic2-demo.run is working for me on PC, you just have to skip the intro video, as it's the one that does something bad to X:

Code:
./heretic2_demo.x86 +set vid_fullscreen 0 +map demodocks

I still get the same error with those arguments:

Code:
X Error of failed request:  XF86DGANoDirectVideoMode
  Major opcode of failed request:  130 (XFree86-DGA)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  2 (XF86DGADirectVideo)
  Serial number of failed request:  56
  Current serial number in output stream:  57

Back