Wip Screenshots

Alex: Looks lovely, I hope to play it one day!

kurtkz: Performance in LUA? I don't have any yet - I've just spent the nights Pandora-hacking hour working out how to crowbar Lua into "clone breaker" (new name, working on that too..) and investigating Lua 5.1 afresh and anew, since the last time I looked at Lua altogether was more in the 1.0 days .. its a lovely, lovely bit of code and I'm excited to plug it in and go. (Very happy to have bought the "Programming in Lua" book, btw, great recommendation from someone in these forums, some time ago) .. Anyway I think a few moderate tweaks here and there, a couple of Lua scripts-as-levels later, and I might have something playable soon. I don't predict any 'performance' problems with Lua and "clone breaker", frankly I think for this kind of game there is more than enough CPU power to spare ..

Incidentally, I also believe that a Lua-based solid/CSG and/or organicballs modeller, or something equally friendly to the application of Lua closures and co-routines, would be pretty neat! I'm thinking especially for OpenGL ES1.1 and 2.0, exclusively. i.e., a new 'pocket modeller' for GLES built around a Lua environment. And I think another neat project would be to write something like liblua_gles1.1.so and liblua_gles2.0.so, in case someone else hasn't already done this, and/or are looking for interesting bits of extremely beneficial hacking.

Sorry for the verbosity, its just that this screenshots thread is pretty inspiring, to be honest!

kurtkz said:
@Alex.: That looks pretty awesome...zombie horror survival game by any chance? Are you using pure SDL or OpenGL for rendering?
Thanks! Yeah, open ended zombie game. It's pure SDL, the main target is the original GP2X.

Last edited by a moderator:
b1ueskycomp1ex said:
Needs more snarky. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

Let's see if I can't be more snide next time around.

@torpor - wine is an excellent choice of beverage sir

Something I knocked up in a few hours (over a couple of days) as I wanted to get something done and dusted quickly after the GP32Spain comp

bli2x.PNG

Well someone had to do it at some point! :p

patrec.png

well, this isn't something i'm actively working on. it's something that i came up with the idea for awhile back, got a basic framework set up and haven't touched it since. it's called PATREC, as in pattern recognition. the idea was to find the pattern (on the right) in the larger block collection (on the left).

we'll see. i'd like to make it a full game, but that probably won't happen for a long time, unless i need a break from EFZC.

edit: these are the ideas you come up with while staring at bathroom tile

tmoney - your game sounds very similar to ColorPuchi - http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2006/07/color_puchi.html

I considered doing that game myself :)

iprice said:
tmoney - your game sounds very similar to ColorPuchi - http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2006/07/color_puchi.html

I considered doing that game myself :)

yeah, i guess it is. it's hard to come up with a simple idea that's completely original these days i guess.

I can come up with an original complex idea, such as my side-scrolling beat-em-up sega CD billiards game idea in the golf game thread. :D

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
I can come up with an original complex idea, such as my side-scrolling beat-em-up sega CD billiards game idea in the golf game thread. :D

Mockup or it doesn't count.

Sketches on napkins count.

working2.jpg

This isn't wine! What is this Cinzano stuff? Crazy girlfriend and her weird ass tastes.

Loving the media in this thread!

I started a game using the Caanoo G-Sensor's similar to the iPhone's Hit "Doodle Jump".
You control your jumps by tilting the console!

WIP screens:
jump-to-moon-01.jpg
|
jump-to-moon-02.jpg

If you started a game project on the Caanoo, let me know, I will publish an article about it on http://ww.caanoo-news.com

kouky said:
I started a game using the Caanoo G-Sensor's similar to the iPhone's Hit "Doodle Jump".
You control your jumps by tilting the console!

WIP screens:

hey nice, i like the style of the game. reminds me of tower toppler only prettier :)

Back