Wiz Preorder Numbers?

Frogboy

Wake me when it's over.
Website
Visit site
Just curious if anyone has a rough estimate of how many Wizs are currently on preorder (even if it is just from one of the online retailers)?

I could give you a long answer about the current Wiz / GPH situation but I'm just letting it play out to see what happens.

That's sad. I tell 'ya, I love GPH and appreciate them for creating the open-source handheld market, but with all these gaffs, problems, and blatant ignorance as to what their niche consumers want, they deserve to crash, burn, and be usurped by a superior product. Not saying that it's the Pandora, as they're a bit different, but this could be a good opportunity for some other company to fill the void.

craigix said:
We have 65 so far.

I suspect that since your loyal customers mostly bought Pandora that you'll probably have the lowest number of preorders out of the various distribution sites but I was kind of hoping for more than that. I was and am planning on waiting to see what kind of support the Wiz gets before I decide if I want one of these too.

CronoTriggerfan said:
That's sad. I tell 'ya, I love GPH and appreciate them for creating the open-source handheld market, but with all these gaffs, problems, and blatant ignorance as to what their niche consumers want, they deserve to crash, burn, and be usurped by a superior product. Not saying that it's the Pandora, as they're a bit different, but this could be a good opportunity for some other company to fill the void.

What gaffs, problems, and blatant ignorance do you mean are there with the wiz?
I think in your post we can find a lot of ignorance...

I know for certain I don't have the lowest preorders, far from it.

I don't really want to get in to a debate about the whole thing, I don't feel it would be right seeing as I'm one of the Pandora guys, but it is true the Pandora exists because of our disillusionment with GPH. Make of that what you will.

CronoTriggerfan said:
Most of the GP2x sales were, and still are, within South Korea.

craigix said:
I know for certain I don't have the lowest preorders, far from it.

I don't really want to get in to a debate about the whole thing, I don't feel it would be right seeing as I'm one of the Pandora guys, but it is true the Pandora exists because of our disillusionment with GPH. Make of that what you will.
You have a vested interest in the success of the Pandora and the Pandora being chosen over the Wiz for sales (as I imagine you get a bigger slice of the profits from the Pandora than you do from the Wiz due to the lack of being a reseller).

There is no problem with this, you are a business man after all, however I think its absolutely just not cricket for you to be making comments on this topic at all especially with the continual, albeit subtle, GPH bashing. They may not be perfect but in redesigning the controls they have certainly shown they are listening to us and trying their best to meet the demands of the consumers.

Yeah, they re-designed the controls. they also re designed the gp2x controls. guess what: the revisions for the gp2x sucked, and I imagine these will, too. you say hes doing this now because he has more interest in getting his pandora to sell, but it was always this way, he just may not have commented on it.

PoisonedV said:
Yeah, they re-designed the controls. they also re designed the gp2x controls. guess what: the revisions for the gp2x sucked, and I imagine these will, too. you say hes doing this now because he has more interest in getting his pandora to sell, but it was always this way, he just may not have commented on it.
I've used a Wiz with the two D-pads. My main urk was with the D-pad not being pivoted. However, I can see how some games wouldn't work well with the second dpad, such as beat2x for example. I suspect this set up will work fine, and certainly just as well as circular buttons would. What is wrong with them not being circular in your opinion?

I didn't say Craig is doing it due to Pandora etc. I simply said that due to his affiliation with the Pandora that basically anything he says shouldn't necessarily be trusted.

What about my affiliation with the DSi, which we intend to stock next month?

We import and sell many devices, get over it.

I guess anything I say about the DSi should be considered twisted too?

The level of hypocrisy in your posts towards me is astonishing sometimes.

Come on MSN and speak to me about the Wiz if you want to hear the full story of that system.

...and make sure to post the conversation log afterwards :D

Seriously Craig, why not come forward with the background information you have about the Wiz? Good or bad, the truth is the truth, and always makes an interesting read ;)

sbock said:
CronoTriggerfan said:

What gaffs, problems, and blatant ignorance do you mean are there with the wiz?
I think in your post we can find a lot of ignorance...
You're kidding me, right? GP32x has a good 50+ pages of bitching customers, from everything to lack of WiFi, 2 d-pads, small screen, no analog, etc. Not saying all of these complaints should be "fixed", but this isn't a Nintendo product, people aren't going to eat whatever shit you put on their plate with this. The open-source community is founded on input from consumers, and being blatantly ignorant to this, as they have been in the past, is stupid.

And Craig, I agree with Alex, I'd at least like to hear the story! :D

craigix said:

Come on MSN and speak to me about the Wiz if you want to hear the full story of that system.
You do import and sell many devices, yes. However, you produce the Pandora and hence you liable for the costs if it fails hence you have an interest in it succeeding.

The DSi is not really competing directly with the Pandora, as the Wiz is (same target market).

What is your MSN ;), I would like to hear what you have to say.

@CTF:
No wifi, small screen and no analogues are not fault. These are called "design choices". You see, GPH were NOT trying to design a carbon copy Pandora. Hence it does not look like a Pandora. Comprehend?

Peter R said:
craigix said:

No wifi, small screen and no analogues are not fault. These are called "design choices". You see, GPH were NOT trying to design a carbon copy Pandora. Hence it does not look like a Pandora. Comprehend?
and that is where you just defeated yourself.

also, i wanted to hear juicy wiz stories D:

Peter R said:
@CTF:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Not saying all of these complaints should be "fixed"...
Note the verbage and quit being so condescending. The overall point is that GPH is ignorant to what their consumers want. You yourself have stated that they ignored your input on the re-design of the 2nd d-pad, and you're one of the biggest Wiz advocates there is.

PoisonedV said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
and cut the condescending BS.
That's funny, you know, coming from you and all.
Yeah, pot calling the kettle black on yours too, buddy. If you didn't notice, I edited the post because it seemed a bit harsh. I don't dislike Peter, I'm just questioning his objectivity on this one. I do, however, dislike you.

Back