Wiz Preorder Numbers?

Gameboy have no usb, nor keyboard... why gaming handheld need one? Because that handheld is a whore :D

What about "preorders numbers"? You need only one purchase - yours :D

quasist said:
Gameboy have no usb, nor keyboard... why gaming handheld need one? Because that handheld is a whore :D

What about "preorders numbers"? You need only one purchase - yours :D
You know, I wouldn't be so angry that you were an anti-pandora troll if it wasn't that your points are completely invalid. Keyboard for DOS and extra buttons and many other types, USB for any extras. Not to mention it ISN'T a gaming handheld. i find it kind of funny, quasist, that you still haven't come up with a reasonable... reason you hate the pandora so much.

65 isn't much. I think the number would have been much higher had they beaten Pandora to the punch. But the (flawed?) d-pad may have cost them more then just a 2 months delay.

I myself have now ordered a pandora, so the wiz could very well end up being put on the back-burner until i get bored of the pandora.

I have had a look at the Spanish GP2X forums and they really don't seem interested in the Pandora in the slightest. In fact, it is getting a lot of negative comments throughout their boards. They simply don't seem to understand why so many people have ordered Pandoras without actually seeing a physical product. Perhaps that has more to do with us then them though. :wink:

Anyway, they DO seem interested in the Wiz -- which is good.
I ordered a Wiz on day one before I knew about the really, really poor sales figures. (Plus, I would like to know what this 'back story' is that Craigix was on about; because I suspect that he thinks that GPH have made some major mistakes.)

Anyway, it is becoming obvious to me that the Wiz will not be the console of choice in the English speaking forums. On the plus side there should be plenty still to come from our Spanish counterparts.

BTW I ordered a Pandora too, so I'm not a FanBoi, I am really looking forward to receiving both systems. Old 8-bit stuff will look beautiful on the Wiz's screen :D , and newer consoles become playable on the Pandora :D . Its a win-win really!

carlos said:
(Plus, I would like to know what this 'back story' is that Craigix was on about; because I suspect that he thinks that GPH have made some major mistakes.)

I also would like a more indept clarification on that. Because I've ordered myself a Pandora and I'm thinking about getting the GP2X Wiz too.

Regards

André

The pandora, the wiz, the dingoo... seems just like XGP, XGP Mini and XGP kid. Maybe everyone left that company because they knew the consoles would just kill each other... :(

This is very childish bickering :)

The Wiz and Pandora are _different but overlapping_ targets.

If you want a device with a keyboard, you can get one; if you don't want the keyboard, get the other, or any number of other devices.

It is _good to have choices_, and _not a bad thing if other people want the other devices_.

Sillyness :)

No device is perfect.. if they were, they would cost a lot more.

(and a correction or two.. the Wiz CPU/arch is 'different' than GP2x; it is not a big change, hence being a 'gp2x Wiz' and not just a new device; it is not all that much faster in many operations, but in some it is amazingly faster. Likewise, theres a lot of faith on pandora, but until its being held in someone hands, who knows? So theres no reason to sling mud.)

Remember, we're all in the same group of gadget and retro and mobile enthusiasts. Have some relaxed discussion. You can question features of either device or debate them.. there is no reason to flame about it.

jeff

sukhiextreme said:
The wiz are missing usb port so no usb connectivity
The Wiz does have USB connection via the supplied cable, it also doubles up as a charger so everytime you use the USB your wiz is getting charged.

sukhiextreme said:
3.5 tft screen it's same as f-200.
No, the F-200 has a TFT screen, the Wiz has an amazing AMOLED screen which is perfectly visible in daylight and the viewing angle is amazing.

sukhiextreme said:
It's crazy how people can fall for wiz so easily, anyways good luck people who would buy the wiz, i don't really like the gp consoles anymore, i'm interested in the pandora.
This is because you have never seen a wiz first hand, please do not make up all these assumptions of something you have zero experience of. I have a Wiz (2 actually) and even though they are pre-production models, one of them is always with me, the Wiz is a great machine for me and I speak from experience.

It is interesting how polarized people are... is like few can be in the middle, and most are fanboi over one system or the other :) I guess its always that way, but seems to have really come out in this generation of machines :) The Wiz is too small.. no wait, the Panda is too big!

jeff

Agreed, myself I support both consoles and will be buying a Pandora, I just don't like misinformation and am happy to correct folk regardless of the system. Currently I don't have much info on the Pandora as I haven't been involved with any process of it's birth, except from doing some old renders and some silly boot animations which doesn't count at all.

I don't think I'll be getting a Pandora right away, but even that's just because I don't think I'll need its extra power.

Of course, I'm not buying either console until June either way(woo graduation gifts), so it could go either way, depending on how well emulator and homebrew game development goes. If my precious SNES can finally get transparencies and sound with full speed, well I'll just have to go with whatever arcane creation spawned such majesty.

Yalborap said:
If my precious SNES can finally get transparencies and sound with full speed, well I'll just have to go with whatever arcane creation spawned such majesty.
The Pandora can.

arrrgh said:
Yalborap said:
If my precious SNES can finally get transparencies and sound with full speed, well I'll just have to go with whatever arcane creation spawned such majesty.
The Pandora can.
And if I see it before the Wiz can pull it off, see confirmation that it's beyond impossible for the Wiz from the developer, or some other thing to make the Wiz look like a less than perfect option, then I'll take my money into the Pandora court.

As it is I'm not going to be able to hop onto the first batch anyways no matter what, and want to wait to be sure nothing goes awry(I've got full faith in the OP team, but I could easily see some part turning out to be shoddy or something that's out of their control) for either of them. So I've got time. I figure SNES is a high priority for everyone, since it was so close yet so far back on the ol' 2X, so I should have results to view relatively quickly on both fronts.

I'm planning on ordering one somewhere around May 20ish...
Should I be concerned about the wiz going out of stock?

Loser777 said:
Should I be concerned about the wiz going out of stock?
Probably not. I've read the first batch is somewhere in the vicinity of 2500 units, and going by the GBAX and GP2X.de preorder numbers, there should be plenty of first batch units left.

Back