Wondering About Delays?

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Check my latest blog entry to find out more about the how and why!

I'm happy to tell you, however, that everything seems to be moving smoothly again. We got most of the parts, we finished most of the designs (latest FDM case is being made, if it's fine, CNCed case will be made).
Then we'll do some stress testing, check CE and FCC - and begin MASS PRODUCING :D

Thankx a lot...

I surely do hope you and the rest of the bunch are not set off to much by all the whining going on on the board lately ....

Thanks for the update, ED - much appreciated. I'm still looking forward to the Pandora as much as ever!

Thanks a really good update - many thanks EvilDragon!

This is the type of honesty and openness that makes people trust. When things are left unsaid, people fill in gaps for themselves. When things are half explained, people see the 'inconsistencies'. I wish this had been said sooner, then the vibes might not have got so bad.

Thank you ED for the update.

Perhaps after all this is said and done, the Nth batch of Pandora's has been released, and the problems with the bank become been a distant memory (to yourselves and to your more disgruntled clients), you could tell us what *NOT* to do if we're trying to set up a venture like this ourselves? Having a bank freeze your money in the middle of a startup sounds mortifying.

Also, If I lived in the UK, a story like this might make me want to switch away from craig's bank if I had an account there, just for safety's sake.

Great update and reassures me a lot!

I hope the one thing learned though is that all this shit could have been avoided by just telling us this at the time.

EvilDragon said:
Check my latest blog entry to find out more about the how and why!

I'm happy to tell you, however, that everything seems to be moving smoothly again. We got most of the parts, we finished most of the designs (latest FDM case is being made, if it's fine, CNCed case will be made).
Then we'll do some stress testing, check CE and FCC - and begin MASS PRODUCING :D

Now THIS is what your customers are looking for and if OP could write with this much information, honesty (and apologies if necessary) EVERY WEEK, then it goes a LONG way to reassuring us, and explaining things in enough detail that we have no need for speculation.

Now if only the others would be so up front more often, even I might feel a little more comfortable.

Thank you ED.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally!
That's all we needed. See? How long did that take to write?
The same news posted a week ago would have saved a few pages on this forum.
But, hey, better late than never!

THANK YOU ED! :D

calzone said:
Now THIS is what your customers are looking for and if OP could write with this much information, honesty (and apologies if necessary) EVERY WEEK, then it goes a LONG way to reassuring us, and explaining things in enough detail that we have no need for speculation.
+1 (and that's a hint for the next weeks ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reassuring update and history lesson, ED. Keep the updates coming, it will prevent a lot of frustrated posts on the boards I think.

RajTakhar said:
Great Update ED

Any news on when MWeston will get the bottom half of the FDM's and if he has the time to complete initial prototype?
That one is currently in production and should be shipped within the next 2 or 3 days to him.

Last edited:
Thanks ED. I hope this will address many of the "crisis of faith" issues that have been abounding in recent days. It certainly has made me feel a bit more comfortable :D

The whole crisis thing is in my opinion nothing but a blown airballoon with capital P for paranoid. :p

For me it's just a good investment on a product and it get's better in time. Period.

thnx for the updates!

i agree its a good investment. i think if you were to buy a similar device from sony or other major companies, you would be paying at least 3 or 4 times as much for it. as it is i think we are getting far more than our moneys worth even with all the development hick-ups. once everything has been resolved i think we will all just look back at it all as an epic but ultimately very satisfying journey.

haha how is it that germans can stay so relaxed in stress situations :D noticed around my workspace a lot. Seems like the whole world can catch a fire and the few german colleagues i have can still stay clearheaded.

this is a compliment to you evildragon :D

Back