Wondering About Delays?

javaJake said:
stustaff said:
Great update and reassures me a lot!

Wow! I'm honestly happy to see that a blog update has satisfied people this time! That means less bickering around here! :D
Friday people will start posting so its been 2 days where are those prototypes!! Are the devs not telling everything, I will cancel, They are lying. Obama cannot, and where is the OGL 2.0

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks fcuk for that! Finally I can stop whining and look on the brightside again. I was hoping for delivery at christmas but it'll feel like crimbo all over again when it finally arrives..........thanks Mr Evil.

Great update, it was nice to see things laid out like that, in a concise, linear fashion. However, I am still left wondering about the dates. Are you still ok with the timeline that you set up in the last update to the front page?

So, here is a mini-roadmap:
* Case Design: January 15th
* Case Prototyping: approx. 1-2 weeks later
* Final production and delivery: approx. 2 - 4 weeks later

I really don't mean to sound ungrateful at the latest post, because I really do appreciate the response to the concern that has arisen, but I think that reiterating that these dates are still valid would go a long way for many of us. Thanks.

emil10001 said:
Great update, it was nice to see things laid out like that, in a concise, linear fashion. However, I am still left wondering about the dates. Are you still ok with the timeline that you set up in the last update to the front page?

So, here is a mini-roadmap:
* Case Design: January 15th
* Case Prototyping: approx. 1-2 weeks later
* Final production and delivery: approx. 2 - 4 weeks later
I really don't mean to sound ungrateful at the latest post, because I really do appreciate the response to the concern that has arisen, but I think that reiterating that these dates are still valid would go a long way for many of us. Thanks.

The Case design and case prototyping, yes, they are valid. Final production will probably take a bit longer, as the company is pretty busy at the moment, so my guess is March, latest April.

We should ship everything on April 1st... nobody would believe us :D

Last edited:
Oscaruzzo said:
calzone said:
Now THIS is what your customers are looking for and if OP could write with this much information, honesty (and apologies if necessary) EVERY WEEK, then it goes a LONG way to reassuring us, and explaining things in enough detail that we have no need for speculation.
+1 (and that's a hint for the next weeks ;) )

You want 3 months worth of stuff (mostly bad stuff, no less) to happen every week? :blink:

Thanks again Evil..........one more thing though, and this is just nit-picking! How long do you think the whole process might take, shipping wise? I mean, if the first batch of Pandora's were finished march 1st, are they still being send out on batches of 400 or so? Then how long might the shipping process be for all 4000?

Excellent news! Conciliatory and interesting (new hints) at the same time.
It´s funny that it takes an evil dragon to save us from the flame-war :p

Khan said:
Excellent news! Conciliatory and interesting (new hints) at the same time.
It´s funny that it takes an evil dragon to save us from the flame-war :p

I've been musing on that myself - the person we react to well and believe, and trust, claims to be evil... worrying, isn't it?

Mostly, I suspect, because of what that may say about US! :blink:

EvilDragon said:
The Case design and case prototyping, yes, they are valid. Final production will probably take a bit longer, as the company is pretty busy at the moment, so my guess is March, latest April.

We should ship everything on April 1st... nobody would believe us :D
My problem: Will Pandora be "not so much" in that period?

[I try to explain it better:] I'm afraid of a possible future release of a better console (also if not opensource).
And imagine for the second batch...
What do you think?

P.S: I know that this is a frequent question but I didn't understand very well the common opinion...

If a better console comes out before the Pandora, and it's more expensive or uses a closed-source OS, I won't buy it.

And considering the Pandora's hardware and connectivity, it will be very difficult for anybody else to make anything better for a while.

mali said:
I'm fairly informed gadget-wise. There is nothing comparable on the horizon, yet.
Thats the problem with electronics, the future is never sure. There are more devices based on the OMAP3530 on the horizon, same with that more energy efficient umpc design that intel just launched ( well, more energy efficient southbridge? Removing the biggest problem with current umpc's, the gpu etc being made on a old die process ). Haven't read up on it much.

What i don't get is, there have been CC order processing again. They have a time limit normally? If some smartass puts down a complaint like with paypal, whats the change off that money getting frozen again if the product does not ship in 30 days off the CC processing? Another reorder / repay batch to do? *jikes* :(

Bosbeetle said:
haha how is it that germans can stay so relaxed in stress situations :D noticed around my workspace a lot. Seems like the whole world can catch a fire and the few german colleagues i have can still stay clearheaded.
this is a compliment to you evildragon :D

That's because we are used to bad news. As long as I can remember the news, we have been in an economical crisis, unemployment was on the rise and the government sucked. We just can't take bad news seriously anymore, or we would all be depressed to no end. :p

And thanks for the update to ED, of course!

mali said:
I'm fairly informed gadget-wise. There is nothing comparable on the horizon, yet.
More importantly, nothing is likely to have as good a homebrew community as we have built up here over many years (once it's actually out, you will see more of it, instead of the current troubles which make people stay away).

thanks a lot for the update! i guess this was the post a lot of people have been waiting for.

i also hope that your sleepless nights caused by the financial crap are over for good. please don't forget that there is quite a spectrum of people here on the forum. some considering to cancel their order but some (like me) who would be happy to step in and snap up some extra units from the first batch in case that really nobody wants them :)

Back