Wrapping Wiz games in Ginge?

Blue Protoman

I know it's possible to wrap Wiz and GP2X games in Ginge. But how difficult is it? Ginge is cool and all, but having to launch it EVERY TIME I wanna play a round of rRootage will get annoying. What's the process?

On that note, could we get a native port of it as well? NOIZ2SA, being 100% 2D, wouldn't benefit too much from a higher resolution, but rRootage, being 3D, would.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty easy, I could wrap a bunch of them, though with games where the sourcecode is available and where the original resolution is higher, a native port should be done.

Could you post a brief tutorial on doing so, aimed at morons? There are a lot of Wiz/2X games I wanna see on Pandora, and if a native port's not an option, a Ginge one could be the next best thing.

BUMP

I really wanna have Wiz games and whatnot brought over, but I don't wanna put a burden on you. So is a brief tutorial a reasonable option so the rest of us can do it?

Second that - I'd like to wrap up Cave Story into a .pnd with Ginge, and I'd love to know how to do that. The Wiki is all very well, but it's pretty incomprehensible.

D.

Second that - I'd like to wrap up Cave Story into a .pnd with Ginge, and I'd love to know how to do that. The Wiki is all very well, but it's pretty incomprehensible.

D.
+1, at that chance if there is no tutorial I can just inspect one of the Ginge PNDs and extract them to see how they are built.

EDIT: I took a look. Pretty simple in fact.

1. Mount the GPSP.pnd using mount gpSP.pnd -o loop /mnt/.

2. Copy the whole pnd contents out of the mount to use as your pack-base.

3. Edit ginge.sh to fit your apps requirements... copy config files, etc. then edit the ./ginge_prep command to load the gpe file of your app.

4. Remove GPSP specific stuff from the folder, like defconf folder and of course the gpsp.gpe app and icon.

5. Edit PXML.xml to have the right app description. :D

6. Use pnd_make and pass it the right arguments to pack the newly created folder.

Voila. You got your Ginge Packed ready 2 mount and run Pandora app.

What about Macs? I have one of those. OS X.

off of a quick google search I say it's should be the same command.. Don't have a Mac(well modern mac), but has google ever steered me wrong!? Answer is yes, but I believe it should be the same.

I'll have to try it at school tomorrow. Also, I know OSX is based on Unix.

Also, where exactly does the PND go? Command lines are alien to me, so...

1. Mount the GPSP.pnd using mount gpSP.pnd -o loop /mnt/.

2. Copy the whole pnd contents out of the mount to use as your pack-base.

3. Edit ginge.sh to fit your apps requirements... copy config files, etc. then edit the ./ginge_prep command to load the gpe file of your app.

4. Remove GPSP specific stuff from the folder, like defconf folder and of course the gpsp.gpe app and icon.

5. Edit PXML.xml to have the right app description. :D

6. Use pnd_make and pass it the right arguments to pack the newly created folder.

Voila. You got your Ginge Packed ready 2 mount and run Pandora app.
I just wanted to say thankyou very, very much for this, Coldbird. I have a couple of apps that I've come to find I use fairly frequently via GINGE, and this will make using them even more convenient. :)

If I have some time later, I'll have to give this a go.

Back