Xbox 360 Playable

junker

yeah, the machine is playable at some walmarts now. i played it and i gotta say, the system does look damn nice. the controller and interface are really good, too.
the games playable now are call of duty 2, kameo, and king kong.
COD2 looks good, but not much better than the best pc games. also, the games didn't look like they had 4x AA and jaggies were very noticeable from the distance i was playing..~2ft.
all in all, it's pretty good, and i hope the games will look better upon release, but other than that, kameo and COD2 are pretty fun games.
not as big of a leap like when the dreamcast launched ;)

iignotus posted on Oct 19 2005 at 02:56 PM said:
Xbox 360 sucks. Flame away.

You suck. Flame away. :rolleyes: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
if it was only $150 US and the games were $50 starting price then i'd think about buying it. Otherwise, there's no way in hell i'm buying it.

since when has a launching system ever sold for $150 :rolleyes:
even though i can't afford the thing now myself, it is a good deal for the hardware you're getting. pc guys spend a lot more money for less..

junker posted on Oct 19 2005 at 07:28 PM said:
yeah, the machine is playable at some walmarts now. i played it and i gotta say, the system does look damn nice. the controller and interface are really good, too.
the games playable now are call of duty 2, kameo, and king kong.
COD2 looks good, but not much better than the best pc games. also, the games didn't look like they had 4x AA and jaggies were very noticeable from the distance i was playing..~2ft.
all in all, it's pretty good, and i hope the games will look better upon release, but other than that, kameo and COD2 are pretty fun games.
not as big of a leap like when the dreamcast launched ;)

I looked for it in my area and no one has it here yet. Bunch of lamers :angry: What town and state did you see it?

junker posted on Oct 20 2005 at 02:02 AM said:
since when has a launching system ever sold for $150 :rolleyes:
even though i can't afford the thing now myself, it is a good deal for the hardware you're getting. pc guys spend a lot more money for less..
of course it won't be $150, and I won't be buying it at launch. I'm not saying its a bad deal for the price, I just won't be buying it.

aQwaBlaz3 posted on Oct 20 2005 at 02:38 AM said:
Id only get it if Shenmue III came out for it..

I agree, SEGA WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! MAKE SHENMUE 3!!!

or at least remake the first one for losers who didnt play it on the DC....

Long live SEGA!!

I played Perfect Dark Zero at a retailers trade this week. Blew everything away. Won game of show. The 360 will be a awesom gaming machine. THANKS XBOX. Also played PGR3. WOW it has PGR TV. Just wait till you guys see this.

Jengo posted on Oct 20 2005 at 04:58 AM said:
aQwaBlaz3 posted on Oct 20 2005 at 02:38 AM said:
Id only get it if Shenmue III came out for it..

I agree, SEGA WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! MAKE SHENMUE 3!!!

or at least remake the first one for losers who didnt play it on the DC....

Long live SEGA!!

Shenmue was very expensive to make. Shenmue II never came out in english on DC and bombed because it was released when the dreamcast ws dying. It was released on the Xbox but bombed again because they didn't improve the graphics from the dreamcast version and did a lazy port. Sega kind of killed it themselves. If their xbox port used the systems graphics power it would have been more popular and a Shemue III would probably have been made. They should make Shenmue III and make it look as realistic as possible on the 360 it would do well.

According to Sega SIII is done all the textures are ready, the models arnt going to change, the city architecture and weather were prepared well in advance. The only thing they're likely to change is the resolution of the textures and prehaps lighting effects.

So no matter what system it shows up on it's still not goign to look much better.

Back