Xgp-kids: Most Potential Ever!

GPadvance did run about 4 times faster than a gba until they combined their code with VBA for more compatability - and it was never fast again.

The same case with SNES emulation, then. The GBA's graphics and audio subsystems need to be emulated with new code from the ground up, ideally in ARM9 ASM .. using old code from PC emulators in C will just result in godawful performance. And as far as PC emulators for the GBA/GB go, VisualBoyAdvance has to be the slowest of all. It speed is totally erratic, too. I've had it run faster on a 500 MHz K6-2 than a 2.8 GHz overclocked Athlon 64 X2 or 1.4 GHz Pentium-M.. :p

Sure, original games would look cool on it (however, I doubt there will be many.

But.. wasn't the idea that this runs commercial GP32 games? THEY will look crap for sure...

Sure, original games would look cool on it (however, I doubt there will be many.

But.. wasn't the idea that this runs commercial GP32 games? THEY will look crap for sure...
Don't think so. It's not backwards compatible anyway, so, if it were to run any GP32 software, it would need ported (so the resolution could be adjusted).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think GP just intends to get the hardware sold and either have developers dedicated to developing games for it, or sell the design to another company who will do the same-- perhaps they would have an easier time amassing developers for the unit under their name rather than GP's.

Back