Xpdf - Fast Pdf Reader For Gp2x Released!

I haven't got TV-out but I'm saving up my donations for a B.O.B (so I should be able to get one in a couple of years :)).

I think what is happening is that the X server displays 320x240 but the actual desktop area is 640x480.

While I'm here, I would just like to remind everyone:

Version 0.3 is out

I should have posted a news item.

Parkydr posted on Feb 14 2007 at 08:00 AM said:
adso: I do intend to port more X apps suggestions welcome - preferably something that works with the mouse. There is the virtual keyboard but it uses up quite a bit of the screen.

xjig for the win

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the work Parkydr.

Doesn't seem to like secure PDFs, maybe? I wen't to Drivethrucomics and downloaded the free "Lovecraft Country" PDF. It's not very large 6.4M but XPDF evaporates, taking my F-200 back to the main menu (apps, music, movies...).

Other PDFs seem OK though.

BTW, is there touch screen support coming? Or is that an X11 issue?

It's an X thing. When I eventually get around to recompiling the server again, I'll compile in touchscreen support (failing that I can write a driver).

Orkie said:
It's an X thing. When I eventually get around to recompiling the server again, I'll compile in touchscreen support (failing that I can write a driver).
Super! Thanks for the response. Look forward to it.

It works with XPDF on my PC so, it should work on the GP2X. Something kills it, (SIGKILL) but I'm having trouble finding what.

edit: PS WTF! as was also running top in another telnet window and that was killed with SIGKILL too!

Parkydr said:
It works with XPDF on my PC so, it should work on the GP2X. Something kills it, (SIGKILL) but I'm having trouble finding what.

edit: PS WTF! as was also running top in another telnet window and that was killed with SIGKILL too!
Interesting. Do secure PDFs normally work? I'm not sure exactly what that even means (secure?).

These just say they're watermarked, but encrypted ones do seem to work. The only problem is if they're password protected - you can enter a password on the command line, but I haven't got a way of entering passwords in the current version.

hi, i noticed that you are still using version xpdf 3.01. among other fixes/features there is a thing called zoom to selection in 3.02, which may be quite useful - in version 3.01 the zoom steps can only be multiples of 10.

is it possible to recompile with 3.02? thank you. jozef

I've already done this, zoom to selection works fine, but I had trouble switching between normal and full screen mode. I gave up on it, but I might go back to it sometime.

Back