You know what would be really awesome?

Brotasmo

Minecraft has been an awesome an addicting game that is fantastically popular for an inde-developed game.

Would'nt it be really cool if we could run it on the Pandora?

Alas, it's closed source (for now :rolleyes: )

Anyway, food for thought....

Minecraft is coming to Android. .

Someone is working on Android for Pandora.

Therefor if android comes to the Pandora we will get Minecraft eventually. And if we never get Minecraft we could just use Minedorid. (Minecraft Android clone)<br>

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking from personal experience, Android is a little bit heavy even on 1.1GHz devices. Until I see it working better on those, I personally wouldn't get my hopes up too much for it to run games well on the Pandora, should a Pandora port of Android arise.

Another thing that may or may not be worthy of note is that Notch has a Pandora... :p

Android runs pretty well on N900 at 700-900mhz...Idk how minecraft would play though, might still need a beefier system.

the question isnt about android running on pandora, the question is about something running on android running on pandora, someone here has gotten close to installing win xp on pandora, doesnt mean theres a chance of it running anything else but that

Speaking from personal experience, Android is a little bit heavy even on 1.1GHz devices. Until I see it working better on those, I personally wouldn't get my hopes up too much for it to run games well on the Pandora, should a Pandora port of Android arise.

Another thing that may or may not be worthy of note is that Notch has a Pandora... :p

Nah, Android runs fine on my sub-1GHz ARMv6 phone. If it's compiled from source without any company trash thrown in, Android is pretty fast on almost any hardware.

^ that much difference in perceived speed has to have something to do with different standards. I think your "fast" isn't the same as Prometheus's "fast".

^ that much difference in perceived speed has to have something to do with different standards. I think your "fast" isn't the same as Prometheus's "fast".

True that. I thought my old 528MHz phone (with a vanilla ASOP build) was plenty fast... then I upgraded. Seeing how Android was SUPPOSED to run was a real eye-opener.

Fact is, even back in the simpler Android 1.5 days the first-gen devices were woefully underpowered.

There is a MineCraft type game available for the Pandoar called MineTest, it's in the repo, I haven't played it yet but I hear it's a little buggy but playable.

Needs a lot of work, though. Mainly on the part of the original dev. He knows of our port, though, so things might change for the better in the future.

I think this is the difference, yes. I don't consider typing lag in a simple browser, and bits of choppiness where I wouldn't expect it, to be quite up to what I would call "fast", personally. :p (My experience is with "Honeycomb" on a Tegra 2-based tablet, though. The setup there is totally stock except for a couple of bundled applications that I've never once run.)

[/slightly off-topic]

Back