Your Most Wanted Ported Game On Pandora?

It does have some ai now, and it is suitably named AI-stupid. Hopefully it'll get better.

sindbad said:
It does have some ai now, and it is suitably named AI-stupid. Hopefully it'll get better.
Yes, such a good looking game but the most important thing, the AI, is set to the end of development. I would do the AI first and then the Game but (Homebrew)Coders seems to don't like coding AI for people that want to play with themself...uh :blink:, I mean GAMING!....I mean...you know what I mean!...:ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bionic Commando from the old NES days. They even had a version for the GBAC. My favorite game of all time.

Why is everyone listing console games? These are PORTS, people, not emulated games. :rolleyes:

I'd have to say my tops are Quake 3, Half-Life (if possible), either of the System Shock games, and Halo, but that's a stretch.

Quake3 + mods
Nexuiz
Freespace 2!
Spring (might be tough)

Why do so many people have games listed that aren't open source? Many of them don't even have a linux version and probably use DirectX... Perhaps we need those "PORTS REQUIRE SOURCE CODE" stickies copied over from the gp2x forums.

I meant how in the "Cool Ideas and other wishes" section of gp2x there's 5 of them. Pretty hard to miss. (Though I don't read that forum and I'm sure people still do miss them.)

IMHO all the following games deserve a decent port..

Warzone 2100 Resurrection - Would be even more of a joy to play with the two joysticks controlling the 3D environment.

Secret Maryo Chronicles - Mario with a level editor, what else is there to say?

Urban Terror - Just because it's the closest we will get to playing Raven Shield on the Pandora :(

BZFlag - Everyone likes blowing tanks up.

Nexuiz - Normally a little too fast for me to really enjoy it on the PC, but the Pandora controls should slow it down enough to be more enjoyable and a little more challenging at the same time.

Warsow - Great graphics + fast and fun game play.

Tremulous - Interesting twist, combining elements of FPS + RTS.

Hedgewars - The best worm like game I've seen so far. Thanks ZodTTD for pointing it out :)

Armagetron Advanced - It's Tron light cycles for crying out loud, of course someone will port it.

These would keep me happy for a long time :D

BigTruck said:
I meant how in the "Cool Ideas and other wishes" section of gp2x there's 5 of them. Pretty hard to miss. (Though I don't read that forum and I'm sure people still do miss them.)
Ah, ok. I didn't know that - my bad. :) (I agree that people probably do still miss them, by the way. :lol: )

hardwar.
hardwar,
hardwar,
hardwar, and hardwar.
it would be perfect on the pandora, what with the extra keys for weapon systems and the analog buttons for flight and firing.
and it would revive the online mods.

waffles said:
hardwar.
hardwar,
hardwar,
hardwar, and hardwar.
it would be perfect on the pandora, what with the extra keys for weapon systems and the analog buttons for flight and firing.
BigTruck said:
Why do so many people have games listed that aren't open source? Many of them don't even have a linux version and probably use DirectX...

Perhaps some kind of tutorial on finding out if a game is open source or not should be created? But it's not just that some of the games suggested are closed source, it's that many are even Windows only. Seriously, how much effort does it take to wikipedia the game and at least see if there's a Linux version? It seems like some people's thought process is "What are they talking about just a few posts up? And in the beginning of this topic? And in the stickies? Seriously, what's this 'source code' thing? Eh, whatever..." and then post random closed-source games.

This is more of a "What was your favorite old game?" thread than one discussing practical ports for the Pandora.

BigTruck said:
waffles said:
hardwar.
hardwar,
hardwar,
hardwar, and hardwar.
BigTruck said:
Why do so many people have games listed that aren't open source? Many of them don't even have a linux version and probably use DirectX...

Perhaps some kind of tutorial on finding out if a game is open source or not should be created? But it's not just that some of the games suggested are closed source, it's that many are even Windows only. Seriously, how much effort does it take to wikipedia the game and at least see if there's a Linux version? It seems like some people's thought process is "What are they talking about just a few posts up? And in the beginning of this topic? And in the stickies? Seriously, what's this 'source code' thing? Eh, whatever..." and then post random closed-source games.

This is more of a "What was your favorite old game?" thread than one discussing practical ports for the Pandora.

Im quite aware of its impossibility, thanks.
Im fairly certain the title of the thread is "Most wanted ported game"
not "wanted possible ports".
Regardless of its possibility, i want hardwar ported, making it "wanted for porting."
:eek:
you follow? and to quote the hardwar faq "The game relies too heavily on DirectX to handle network play, sound, and in most cases, graphics. Although having said that, people seem to be having more success at _almost_ getting Hardwar to run on Linux using WINE, so perhaps it will eventually be possible."

waffles said:
Im quite aware of its impossibility, thanks.
Im fairly certain the title of the thread is "Most wanted ported game"
not "wanted possible ports".
Regardless of its possibility, i want hardwar ported, making it "wanted for porting."
:eek:
you follow? and to quote the hardwar faq "The game relies too heavily on DirectX to handle network play, sound, and in most cases, graphics. Although having said that, people seem to be having more success at _almost_ getting Hardwar to run on Linux using WINE, so perhaps it will eventually be possible."
Don't count on using WINE, Wine Is Not an Emulator. ;)

Yeah, I wasn't going to respond to that, figuring "eh, whatever. He's arguing the intent of the thread based on the title, even though the first post said 'And remember ports need to have source code or be cloned from scratch,' maybe he's hoping someone will rewrite the whole game from scratch. I'm not going to tell him it'll never happen. Hell, if we don't limit it to possible ports, I'd like half-life on the Pandora. And half-life 2 for that matter. Also, Call of Duty 4 and Crysis would be great."

But then you edited it to add the WINE reference. Please, do a forum search for WINE. WINE will not, I repeat not, run on the Pandora. To be nice and sum up what you'll find: Wine is not an emulator. It is an implementation of the Windows API. It does not emulate hardware. WINE has to be running on an x86 host. It will not run on ARM platforms, such as the Pandora. (Cue response of "Oh, hey, then why don't we make the Pandora use that new Intel Atom processor?"...)

Oh, ok then. Following the logic of the last two posts:
I want them to port WINE. After all, it has a linux version, is open source, and doesn't use directx.
See my point? You can't quantify a rule that tells idiots and ignorami whether or not a port is possible. There are too many things to consider first. I'd tell them to learn a few things about computing before asking for a port.

Now then, seriously, I would like a port of Liquid War. I need a port of liquid war. There is already a GP2X version, so I know it can easily be ported. And, since the Pandora has so many directional controls, I'm sure I can find a way to cram six players onto that tiny little keypad.
I would also like a port of openTTD. But I'm confident that ZodTTD will provide that one. :p

that makes it extremely unlikely, not impossible.
there is a verry big difference between impossible and 99.99% chance not going to happen. Considering previous games listed have included halo, GTA IV, Crysis, line rider, starcraft, and other games that are known to be impossible, and hardwar has a chance (however rediculously slim) of running, i dont see why you jumped on my post.
also chip made a flow chart for determining if its possible, not sure where it is.
Edit/@jbr What?
I saw that you used ignorami, and i pretty much lost you there.
I guess i should go learn "a few things about computing" now, such as addition and subtraction, even if i dont see how that relates.

Back