Your thoughts on Legend Of Zelda: Breath of The Wild?

I never got into the Oracle games like I did the original and Link's Awakening. In the last few years I played one of them very briefly and still want hooked (so I have not yet completed them). Although they are interesting I never fully enjoyed the 3D ones. I tried Wind Waker for a few minutes back when it was new, despite my dislike of the art style, and never bothered with it again. BotW is the first 3D one that actually has me interested in it for more than the storyline.

I need to go back and finish ALttP then try the 3DS one.

link's awakening is one of my favorite games. last time i played it through (a year or two ago), i boasted i had the game memorized -- (well, just the route to the end boss, not really all the side quests). well, had a bit of trouble in level 8; forgot a bit about bombing a wall or something, so not quite memorized... level 7 was a beast when i was a kid. warped my mind.

level 6, though, when you learn the truth... that just hits you. i made my own fan version of the music there. couldn't quite do it justice, but it captures some of it.
though spoilers are in the description.

oh, and breath of the wild. pretty new-agey cliche'y sounding name, but what's in a name? wouldn't a rose by any other name still have sharp pokey thorns on it?

oh, and breath of the wild. pretty new-agey cliche'y sounding name, but what's in a name? wouldn't a rose by any other name still have sharp pokey thorns on it?
Unfortunately the name does matter when it comes to selling things (trying to keep in mind which thread this is, as the same topic is being discussed about the name of the Pyra). Luckily it has the Zelda name to fall back on, however I doubt it would sell as well if it were called "The Clumpy Brown Puddle the Dog Left In Front of the Door".

Am I the only one being scared that Zelda won't be Zelda anymore?
This looks like GTA V in freedom but with sword fights instead of shooting...

I really hope this won't be a huge world with hundreds of mini dungeons but will have a proper, interesting story where you don't need to run an hour just to get to the next point of interest or so...

I really hope this won't be a huge world with hundreds of mini dungeons but will have a proper, interesting story where you don't need to run an hour just to get to the next point of interest or so...
I think Similar..thats because i did no Post here until yet.
A bit from Skyrim is inside too..but i feel more like that what you said for this Game.

Am I the only one being scared that Zelda won't be Zelda anymore

The thought had also crossed my mind, whilst I'm loving what I've seen so far.. the sheer freedom/variety/options for experimentation (I'll guarantee that Bethesda & CD Projekt have been taking lots of notes!) I've been wondering at what expense. Is this Zelda? surely something has got to give when you are making profound changes to such a long established successful gameplay template.
I'm also thinking though, that as long as they keep the open world/dungeons distinctly separate.. open world = fill your boots experimentation playground, dungeons = strictly focused/linear & a strong story to underpin everything.. perhaps we really can have our cake and eat it.
Not too long until we find out now, just wish we had some official effin' info on this alleged 'NX' already!

Last edited:
Is this Zelda ?
-> it might be closer to Zelda (1) than any other Zelda.

The first Zelda was an open world with little story to get in the way.

Sadly ED, I think your going to be disappointed with this title. I'm pretty sure it has already been shown to have lots on mini-dungeons VS. "x" amount of HUGE ones, so your concerns already seem to have happened. I'm personally not that interested in some of the changes so far, but I'll see how it goes by release.

Zelda has been hit and miss over the years(at least for me), but there is usually something to like in each title, so I'm hopeful this one will deliver something worth my time, but I'm not holding my breath. I hate the way "N" pulls this delay shit, just so they can milk a title across several platforms, VS delivering the best possible experience for the console it was designed for from the start.

I think the last Zelda title I was super excited for was Wind Waker, and that title was a HUGE punch to the nads, and a HUGE disappointment overall. I thought it looked good, but not much else. Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword where enjoyable for me, but nothing that's stayed with me over the years.

Chris

Zelda has been hit and miss over the years(at least for me), but there is usually something to like in each title, so I'm hopeful this one will deliver something worth my time, but I'm not holding my breath.

At the risk of being eternally damned, I'd posit that Zelda has been hit & miss for the majority of it's fans (certainly for those around since the first.. ME!) for quite some time now.. BUT there's always mechanics, characters, dungeons, minigames etc that grab you and won't let go.. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the dev brainstorming sessions on a new Zelda! (What do they feed those guys?)

No thanks, Zelda was fun when you were 10 years old (and even), now I want to play more adult games.

Ever tried Twilight Princess?
Very dark setup, very well created dungeons, one of my favourite games.

In my opinion Skyward Sword was the least Zelda game that ever Zelda'd, completely ignoring quite a lot of history and gameplay; it literally felt to me like a completely different game that was simply rebranded as Zelda, yet if I ignored my misgivings about it being a Zelda title, I still very much enjoyed it. From what little there is leaked so far this seems far more Zelda-esque than that did. Whether it feels like a Zelda game or not, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it on its own, same as I did Skyward Sword.
[doublepost=1472857049,1472857015][/doublepost]
Ever tried Twilight Princess?
Very dark setup, very well created dungeons, one of my favourite games.
Literally my favourite.

Nope - would you recommend it ?
Ed doesn't like Wind Waker, I do like Wind Waker, but for both of us Twilight Princess is one of the favorite games.

Certainly you must play it now.

More seriously, I would not want to have not played it.

Now the Switch is announced and Skyrim remastered is announced as a title, it's like there is two Skyrim titles coming to that system.

Back