Release YTDownloader, a simple tool to download Youtube videos

Yeah, support for different quality is important. The rest is cool to be added but not essential.

I use playlists when I search for some kinds of music that maybe is new to me, I take a playlist from someone who made it because is more likely to find only the best songs. And in this case should be good to decide to download at the best quality (and maybe convert in mp3)

Just a possible heads-up, Youtube seem to have made another of their changes again, I tried around 10 completely unrelated youtube links in the last 24hrs, all failed to download ('Completed' message, no progress bar or any resulting file).

Do Vimeo links work for anyone? While Youtube doesn't work currently, I just came across something I'd like to view offline, repeatedly (tutorial stuff) and it exists only on Vimeo, but every Vimeo link I put in YTDownloader it rejects as invalid. Not a huge deal, but curious if it's still possible.

Do Vimeo links work for anyone? While Youtube doesn't work currently, I just came across something I'd like to view offline, repeatedly (tutorial stuff) and it exists only on Vimeo, but every Vimeo link I put in YTDownloader it rejects as invalid. Not a huge deal, but curious if it's still possible.
Oh, that's just a smalll update I need to do for youtube-dl as a backend. It will fix both vimeo and youtube :)

Give me a couple of days.

Back