Zodiac Doom

timeslip

Ho ho ho!

Zodiac Owners have finally got doom2 for their kit.....................

And its fairly crappy compared to Craigs port, and they gotta paid £30 for it!

Ho ho ho!

It looks like the GBA version stretched to 480*320, horrible! Can't believe they are charging for it.

Have to see what I can do about it.

GPdoom is by me, rob and tom, and is much better than the Z version ;)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Mikey posted on May 13 2004 at 02:51 PM said:
Yeah and the spectrum version of [insert name] is better than the c64 version of [insert name] just because................Oh wait sorry about that flash back to the early 80's, do we really need to slag of other systems all the time?
cos it makes me feel big ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix posted on May 13 2004 at 02:52 PM said:
It looks like the GBA version stretched to 480*320, horrible! Can't believe they are charging for it.

Have to see what I can do about it.

GPdoom is by me, rob and tom, and is much better than the Z version ;)

-Craig

www.gbax.com
What a shame to sell such a crappy conversion!!! :angry:

Will the users be able to use PWADS with Z version?
If not IT'S A SHAME to PAY 30 dolls for a GBA stretched version witout PWAD support!!! :angry:

Your GP Doom Craig is amazing. ;)

Charge posted on May 13 2004 at 02:54 PM said:
Yeah and the spectrum version of [insert name] is better than the c64 version of [insert name] just because................Oh wait sorry about that flash back to the early 80's, do we really need to slag of other systems all the time?
yup, makes me feel all manly inside

Charge posted on May 13 2004 at 02:54 PM said:

I think it's amazing that still goes on, Zodiac versus GP32, and the new one is PSP versus DS!

I find that's the most nostalgic part about emulation - format wars! Anyone remember KGen versus Genecyst?!

There Actually is a Spectrum Port of Doom - And for the technical limitations of the kit it wernt actually too shabby

fdave posted on May 13 2004 at 04:25 PM said:
I find that's the most nostalgic part about emulation - format wars! Anyone remember KGen versus Genecyst?!
Yeah, KGen was better :p

Format wars wise, the megadrive was a far cooler piece of kit -
Nobody i knew owned the bloody SNES or (ho ho ho)NES

SEGA Rocks everytime!

And yes i still have a dreamcast

timeslip posted on May 13 2004 at 04:44 PM said:

SEGA Rocks everytime!

In fact, in Europe and in the US, Sega and Nintendo were quite even. It was mostly in Japan that Nintendo dominated Sega.

damaki posted on May 13 2004 at 03:54 PM said:
timeslip posted on May 13 2004 at 04:44 PM said:

SEGA Rocks everytime!

In fact, in Europe and in the US, Sega and Nintendo were quite even. It was mostly in Japan that Nintendo dominated Sega.
Thats rubbish! The uk was the only country where the mastersystem dominated the NES.

Due to the fact that the Megadrive came out well over 12 months b4 the SNES insured that Sega won the 16 bit wars

And we are Kinda staying on subject - Format WARS!!!!

phoda posted on May 13 2004 at 04:09 PM said:
Yeah! VHS Rules! Beta Sucks!
I had a Betamax video and it rocked!

Well known fact that it was the better technical of the 2 formats but due to better marketing and the fact that Empire Strikes back came out 6 months earlier on VHS sealed the betamax`s doom.

Aint i just full of useless crap :D

What did they win the war with? Game Gear (strong but failed), 32X, MegaCD?? Its like the Cold War (Ruskies vs Yanks), Sega brought out first 16bit game (Streets of Rage 2), Nintendo bring out first FX game (Starfox), Sega brings out first Menacer gun, Nintendo bring out first six button joypad, Sega bring out first WWF Wrestlemania, Nintendo bring out first SF2 Turbo.

I love Nintendo, and Sega. err and Playstation. Hey the modded Xbox is pretty cool too. :)

Who likes Marmite.....?

lizard808uk posted on May 13 2004 at 04:22 PM said:
What did they win the war with? Game Gear (strong but failed), 32X, MegaCD?? Its like the Cold War (Ruskies vs Yanks), Sega brought out first 16bit game (Streets of Rage 2), Nintendo bring out first FX game (Starfox), Sega brings out first Menacer gun, Nintendo bring out first six button joypad, Sega bring out first WWF Wrestlemania, Nintendo bring out first SF2 Turbo.

I love Nintendo, and Sega. err and Playstation. Hey the modded Xbox is pretty cool too. :)

Who likes Marmite.....?
Genesis was stronger purely for the fact that it had a year all on its own - SNES got held up in devolpment and its onlyt competition was the NES

i prefered snes the megadrive was black, the games were dark and mucky and lacked the amount of fantastic games the snes had.

thes snes was bright colourfull fun and had MAD games, it was better.

Back