15th Preorder Confirmed?

Kyosys said:
just 20 more days max! hooray!
It'll probably change. Not that it's a bad or good thing, or even a criticism; just expect it to change. ;)

Yeah, kinda saw this coming, but I would like to see some solid content before I throw down my cash. Looking forward to it, hopefully we see it soon! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
_VWV_ said:
craigix said:
I'm not that comfortable in taking preorders yet without showing you more videos of the Pandora running a GUI and videos of the final assembled unit.

That would just make me feel better and also I think stop any criticism about those areas.
Good to hear that! I'll be waiting for the content. To be honest I still have a worm inside my soul telling me "they're gonna delay it once more" but I know it's a parasite inside me and I shouldn't listen to it. :)

I've been feeling the same... but I have faith that this time it will happen. :D

TaG said:
craigix said:
Just want to confirm the 30th is still the date, that has not changed.
Pretty clear statement that.

Yeah, has not changed... (since the last time it was changed....) And that's a far cry from "it Will Not Change" - which, as the history of KYAC comments has proven, was stated that way on purpose. It "sounds" clear and declarative, but it's really not saying much.

craigix said:
I'm not that comfortable in taking preorders yet without showing you more videos of the Pandora running a GUI and videos of the final assembled unit.

That would just make me feel better and also I think stop any criticism about those areas.

I agree with the last few posters, i.e. when it's ready it's ready. As for any new videos that'll be most welcome :) . Making the pandora, setting up everything, software etc it all must be a pretty long-winded and complicated process. Let's think of it this way if this were a sony or nintendo forum and you had people demanding pictures/videos/etc from sony/nintendo/etc would you get them? Unlikely.

ljones

Kyosys said:
just 20 more days max! hooray!
Keep in mind that's just until preorder. There's still a monthish before they start shipping. Plus extra time for any delays.

I have faith in this preorder date. Mostly because it's very close, which means they're very close to being done. Not to mention that it's just a preorder date, not a ship date

Kyosys said:
I have faith in this preorder date. Mostly because it's very close, which means they're very close to being done. Not to mention that it's just a preorder date, not a ship date
Why is this one different than all ther rest? :lol:

chad78 said:
TaG said:
craigix said:
Pretty clear statement that.

Yeah, has not changed... (since the last time it was changed....) And that's a far cry from "it Will Not Change" - which, as the history of KYAC comments has proven, was stated that way on purpose. It "sounds" clear and declarative, but it's really not saying much.
Yeah, I know what you're saying and why. You have a point, which I don't want to argue with. I guess I'm looking at this from the 'glass half full' view: the good news is that the pre-order date hasn't changed yet, which gives us hope that it won't. Craig could have said nothing or that there was a delay, but instead chose to confirm the date.

(BTW, I only really quoted it as it was an edit to the original post and I nearly missed it and thought others might do the same...)

CronoTriggerfan said:
Kyosys said:
Why is this one different than all ther rest? :lol:

I had faith in the other dates, this one just happens to be the most recent one

So I'm an optimist

I'm usually a realist, but someone's gotta be the optimist, and in this situation, it's me. Soooo, anyone want to discuss how awesome friendship is?

I am just wondering what the time between the first pre-order and the second batch of units will be- what if we go to pre-order and they are sold out already- wouldn't be too far fetched

vuffi_raa said:
I am just wondering what the time between the first pre-order and the second batch of units will be- what if we go to pre-order and they are sold out already- wouldn't be too far fetched
+1

What if all 3000 go on day one of pre-orders?

danboid: The Lancastrian FOSS promoter and proud hyper-optimist

danboid said:
vuffi_raa said:
+1

What if all 3000 go on day one of pre-orders?

danboid: The Lancastrian FOSS promoter and proud hyper-optimist

i'm sure they will all sell out the first day.

i know i'll be online, what time zone will it be in that they go on sale, i'll make sure i'm awake with my finger on the button.

The 30th is pretty solid now, it's almost in stone, the only thing which would stop it is if we could not get those final videos done in time.

The Pandora units will be flashed via USB before they ship out to make sure they are running the absolute latest version of the firmware when you get them. So we actually have extra time to keep tweaking the firmware while mass production goes on.

After you have preordered we will of course keep you all up to date on what is happening and probably post as many photos as we can of the production process.

More sleepless nights? Probably. But it's great fun seeing everything coming together at last.

Thanks craigix.

Thats great news, but the only thing that troubles me is exactly what you brought up about videos. With the similar release time frame and promotions of the Wiz. Will Ed really have time to get videos going for the Pandora? Not to rain on anything but he certainly has been very quiet lately (I'm sure really, really busy), but I was wondering did he get the final pandora that he was supposed to a couple of weeks ago?

I realize GPH is a bigger company, but aren't they now planning to ship about the same time, yet prototypes are already being shown off generating lots of hype.

Ed still has his Pandora and will be able to make videos this month as soon as we are ready to roll.

I'm not sure if we can get the shorter LCD cable to him in time so he can put it in the case, it might have to loop out the back, but it will still work.

The videos are mostly to show the Pandora running GUI(s) via X.

Back