15th Preorder Confirmed?

javaJake said:
Reserve pre-orders, heheheh.

Linkous, sorry, there's no way to really even the odds at this point. Craigix and Co. are (as far as I can tell) unable to have a special pre-order any sooner, and having a special system for reserving pre-orders would be defeated when it's spread by word of mouth.

No, it looks like it'll come down to the survival of the fittest, as is usual, if there's more than 2500 people interested.
As long as you make the pre-order system use the GP32X member database as confirmation, then you can make a special system work. I made this point earlier, although I don't remember if it was in this topic or another one.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Sounds like you guys have really executed on the distribution end, I hope everything falls in place for a timely preorder. :D Surprising that Spaniards are interested, though, they're extremely vested in GPH as a company in general. The more the merrier, I guess!

Just out of curiosity, once you guys are 100% concrete on a preorder date, will you put up a clock or something on the site or tell everyone exactly when preorders start so we can start the refresh-a-thon? :lol:
lol my F5 button is already wearing out... Sounds like fun though :D

craigix said:
No, they will be shipping from North America, Germany, UK, Spain and Turkey.

The Spanish distribution is a special arrangement due to the amount of interest from Spain.
But I can still order it to finland? Can't I? Can't I? :unsure:

Yes, you can order from germany or any other location and let them ship it to you in finland.

Linkous said:
can we have something where we can PM craig and friends to reserve preorders? so that none of the forum members who have been following the project since the begining and waiting close to a year now won't get locked out because a bunch of civillians found out and ordered faster (beware the e-snipe)
So you didn't get that email then? -- Ooops!...

IceBerg303 said:
Any idea yet what the shipping costs in the US will be?
make a simulation on shop of craigix ( sorry i made this with your site Craig )
for England- France it is near 4£

i couldn't do same thing with Evildragon shop, you must be registered for that

ED speak about it is between 9€ and 12€ (as i only look for France, i don't know for you )

[Edit]
Sorry i have not read all your post ( thinking you are in Europe :rolleyes: )

but in fact i don't know who sell pandora in America, you must discover the site :p

I can understand why people want to be sure they get one of the first batch and why longer standing members of the community feel they deserve priority (and I'm not disputing this). But the simple logistics of setting up a special pre-ordering system and then dealing with all the questions/queries/disappointments would be a huge time sink. I'd rather those involved make sure everything else is sorted with respect to the product and it's launch, and by the sounds of things they're very much in a crunch period and have plenty on their hands already.

Hopefully the pre-orders will go (relatively) smoothly and there will be enough interest for a swift second batch. Given the time scales likely involved there may not be too huge a gap between when people receive orders from the first and second batch. <- This is of course, pure speculation.

I personally think with such a small 1st run of only 3000 units a limit as Craig has thought about of 1-2 per person should be in place, at least for the first batch....I just think its fairer all round and more supporters rather than batch buyers and resellers will be happy.

There wont be a large gap in between the two batches ;)

Provided that the first batch sells relatively quickly, it's the basic desire to make money that will propel Craig into swiftly knocking out another batch.

Anyone who thinks "oh noes I don't want to wait 3 months for the second batch so I'd better order from the first!!1" is foolish.

If the gap between production is too long, a certain amount of interest will be lost :)

danboid said:
What if all 3000 go on day one of pre-orders?
I hope they produce new units as soon all 3000 of the first batch are sold out during preorder. It would be a torture if they wait till the first batch is shipped and then starting with the new batch, this could easily lead into waiting till next year for the 2. Batch. ^_^

craigix said:
Ed still has his Pandora and will be able to make videos this month as soon as we are ready to roll.

I'm not sure if we can get the shorter LCD cable to him in time so he can put it in the case, it might have to loop out the back, but it will still work.

The videos are mostly to show the Pandora running GUI(s) via X.
ED often mentioned a expencive finished and polished special Prototype of the Pandora for Presentations. Afaik this thing never has arrived so I wonder if we will ever see a complete finished Pandora(case) before shipping the first 3000 Units?

jaycee900 said:
I personally think with such a small 1st run of only 3000 units a limit as Craig has thought about of 1-2 per person should be in place, at least for the first batch....I just think its fairer all round and more supporters rather than batch buyers and resellers will be happy.
I think that's a pretty good idea personally. I'm sure a lot of us want to buy one (or maybe two) for friend(s) but when it comes down to it, if they really want one they can order them themselves!

JohnM said:
jaycee900 said:

I think that's a pretty good idea personally. I'm sure a lot of us want to buy one (or maybe two) for friend(s) but when it comes down to it, if they really want one they can order them themselves!

I don't see that it matters too much. The pre-order seems sufficiently early enough that if they get 5000 pre-orders, they could just start arrangements for the second batch right away. Now, if they only get 3001 in pre-orders... sucks to be the odd man out. :) But if that's the case, the demand seems high enough to merit looking into the second batch sooner rather than later. They're obviously business men. Have faith they know what they're doing.

That said, come the 30th... I'll race ya to the F5! ;)

It would be great if forum members were emailed as soon as the pre-order opportunity was available.

uczmeg said:
It would be great if forum members were emailed as soon as the pre-order opportunity was available.
Isn't that the plan?

EDIT: Oh wait, that was the newsletter signer uppers at openpandora.org.

trooper said:
Any preferential treatment for us mods, Or those of us that have been here since the dawn of time. :)

Well, I can only but ask. :D

Trooper

You need to try a different approach. I'm sure craigix will be setting aside 20 or so Pandoras for magazines and on-line reviews. Try posing as a big shot mega reviewer of some big time magazine.

DisgruntleElf said:
trooper said:
Any preferential treatment for us mods, Or those of us that have been here since the dawn of time. :)

Well, I can only but ask. :D

Trooper

You need to try a different approach. I'm sure craigix will be setting aside 20 or so Pandoras for magazines and on-line reviews. Try posing as a big shot mega reviewer of some big time magazine.
Or just realize that one becomes a moderator to serve the forums, not for exclusive rights to new products or freebies. The "get in line like everyone else" policy is what should be embraced. :p

And Trooper, I fully recognize your post was made in a joking manner, just interjecting my opinion about those who take this kinda stuff seriously.

So are we to assume that there will be NO kind of early preorder for the boards at all if the date holds?

Back