3do Emulator

@x68k

+1

But, am I the only one who loved the shit out of Crash N' Burn?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but I occasionally monitor the internet via Google in hopes of FourDO buzz. And look what I found!

I started FourDO, and I'm glad to hear there's at least a little interest in a 3do emulator. I started it because I had the same skepticisms I see here, and I slowly realized I was the right man for the job. If you have any interest in helping, please contact me through sourceforge!

Anyway, I thought I'd point out that FourDO is definitely a separate emulator, and post my "now hiring" sign. It seems to me that there was a lot of drama in the FreeDO scene, a lot of empty promises, lots of angry people... the project has kinda imploded. If you're looking for a more up to date version of FreeDO, I had found a copy in russian that one of the developers (secretly) continued development with, although he's promised he is now finished.

@JohnnyDude

I believe I have the latest version that you have as well. It was on the Freedo forums.

Also, I have never tried Fourdo, but if an emulator could get to working status on the Pandora, I would be thrilled!

'JohnnyDude' said:
Sorry, but I occasionally monitor the internet via Google in hopes of FourDO buzz. And look what I found!

I started FourDO, and I'm glad to hear there's at least a little interest in a 3do emulator. I started it because I had the same skepticisms I see here, and I slowly realized I was the right man for the job. If you have any interest in helping, please contact me through sourceforge!

Anyway, I thought I'd point out that FourDO is definitely a separate emulator, and post my "now hiring" sign. It seems to me that there was a lot of drama in the FreeDO scene, a lot of empty promises, lots of angry people... the project has kinda imploded. If you're looking for a more up to date version of FreeDO, I had found a copy in russian that one of the developers (secretly) continued development with, although he's promised he is now finished.
Glad you found the board, I was the one who left you messages on your sourceforge page, seeing if a port of 4do was possible. Have been watching the svn updates, and am eagerly waiting for a release, so I can have SOMETHING to play these old 3do games, let alone something to play them portably with.

Samurai Showdown and knockout kings were great 3DO games as was a couple of others - it was a cool console at the time - let down when matushita sold the rights for the 3DO graphics to others

the japanese version was my favourite alas 3DO mkii never got of the ground thanks to playstation and the saturen - otherwise it would have been one hell of console

never tried copying the games - may dig my old unit out of the cellar and give it whirl

Sooo... who's he going to hire from here? :rolleyes:

'RajTakhar' said:
Samurai Showdown and knockout kings were great 3DO games as was a couple of others - it was a cool console at the time - let down when matushita sold the rights for the 3DO graphics to others

the japanese version was my favourite alas 3DO mkii never got of the ground thanks to playstation and the saturen - otherwise it would have been one hell of console

never tried copying the games - may dig my old unit out of the cellar and give it whirl
It works, I'd tested it on my brother's, and given him a couple of games, just straightforward burn to cd-r, and put into tray, boots up fine.

Hooray for 3do emulation! Good luck Johnny with the emulator whether it's for PC or Pandora.

+1000000 for a 3do emulator. Anyone who can bring one to the pandora deserves to be worshipped as a god among men :)

'ndbsolar' said:
+1000000 for a 3do emulator. Anyone who can bring one to the :pandora1: deserves to be worshiped as a god amung men :)
I'm no dev, but if I interpretted what he said properly, porting it is no big deal, as the angstrom distro has wxwidgets as a package, so it'd be pretty simple to implement.

I may have gotten that incorrect, however.

'Kaze0110' said:
'ndbsolar' said:
+1000000 for a 3do emulator. Anyone who can bring one to the :pandora1: deserves to be worshiped as a god amung men :)
I'm no dev, but if I interpretted what he said properly, porting it is no big deal, as the angstrom distro has wxwidgets as a package, so it'd be pretty simple to implement.

I may have gotten that incorrect, however.

Interpreted what? Where did he say that?

I think that even if FourDO emulated enough to run 3DO games it might still run into speed problems because it's using interpretation (and it doesn't look like a very fast one) and the memory interface code looks like it'll bog things down too.

But I don't think that much is done in FourDO. It uses HLE but it looks like almost none of it is implemented yet.

Back